Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

CMT Music Awards

Chris I'm sure you probably watched last night. Thoughts on the night, surprise winners etc.?

Kid Rock was so-so as a host. When they panned to the crowd a lot of the prominent country stars didn't look too thrilled when he was talking. Have to wonder if Toby Keith was a little drunk when he performed, he sounded WAAAAY off and wasn't even singing in synch with the band at the start. Jamey Johnson debuted his new song "Back to Macon" which wasn't bad with the harmonies and instrumentals but really didn't tell much of a story like most of his songs do. A few shockers with Miranda and Carrie winning a few that you thought for fan voted awards Taylor Swift would have taken but that's fine with me. Leann Rimes doing John Anderson's "Swingin'" was OK and a unique twist on it but I'll take JA's original version any day!

Go Cubs Go!

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

Re: CMT Music Awards

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Chris I'm sure you probably watched last night. Thoughts on the night, surprise winners etc.?

Kid Rock was so-so as a host. When they panned to the crowd a lot of the prominent country stars didn't look too thrilled when he was talking. Have to wonder if Toby Keith was a little drunk when he performed, he sounded WAAAAY off and wasn't even singing in synch with the band at the start. Jamey Johnson debuted his new song "Back to Macon" which wasn't bad with the harmonies and instrumentals but really didn't tell much of a story like most of his songs do. A few shockers with Miranda and Carrie winning a few that you thought for fan voted awards Taylor Swift would have taken but that's fine with me. Leann Rimes doing John Anderson's "Swingin'" was OK and a unique twist on it but I'll take JA's original version any day!
    Damn. I honestly forgot it was on. I started working at 6 yesterday morning and didn't stop till about 11 at night. This whole expansion story has taken over my life. Thanks for the run down though. Any links on all of this?

All-Star
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Damn. I honestly forgot it was on. I started working at 6 yesterday morning and didn't stop till about 11 at night. This whole expansion story has taken over my life. Thanks for the run down though. Any links on all of this?
    I didn't see it either, but if there's one thing we can count on with CMT, it's that it will be replayed a few dozen times over then next couple months.

I also can't wrap my tiny little brain around the Kid Rock thing. I suppose they're trying to pull in a new demographic, but I can't stand that moron.

Addict
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,594
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Yup, CMT will probably be replaying it again tonight I bet so all you need to do is set your DVR Chris.

Kid Rock is kind of dabling with country music some. He's buddies with Hank Jr. and Gretchen Wilson and "All Summer Long" and "Picture" are 2 of his songs that got a lot of play on country radio.

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 4

Was watching the Hawks game instead, how was the "talent"? (Not talking about the singing either) :)