Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 86,304, Level: 91
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,146
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,897
    Points
    86,304
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 52

    Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    I think they need to come out and say something on the issue. Isn't the owner of this site in tight with Gartner?

    In the end I doubt it matters but I would like to see the BOR force Sally Mason into a symbolic "no" vote on admitting Nebraska into the B10.


    “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

    Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 92,052, Level: 94
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    NobodyBeatsCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    3,302
    Points
    92,052
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 49

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    I think they need to come out and say something on the issue. Isn't the owner of this site in tight with Gartner?

    In the end I doubt it matters but I would like to see the BOR force Sally Mason into a symbolic "no" vote on admitting Nebraska into the B10.
    In their silence, they have already said it all - "Sorry ISU, sucks to be you."


    "Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"


    "The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

  3. #3
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Time to move on and focus on the future. Explore options, develop strategies, and find the best fit for ISU. Symbolic gestures by politicans only creates more animosity and distracts people from the potential of their new beginning IF the B12 is even going somewhere. Nebraska leaving is not Iowa's problem, it is ISU's challenge through the B12 first and then identifying other opportunities. Doors close, doors open.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 400,485, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    59,245
    Points
    400,485
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 603
    Given: 389

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Sally who?


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsCy View Post
    In their silence, they have already said it all - "Sorry ISU, sucks to be you."
    It could get worse; Branstad could enable them to revisit the Pomerantz doctrine.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  6. #6
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    I think they need to come out and say something on the issue. Isn't the owner of this site in tight with Gartner?

    In the end I doubt it matters but I would like to see the BOR force Sally Mason into a symbolic "no" vote on admitting Nebraska into the B10.

    Doesn't David Miles have a box at Kinnick?



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 86,304, Level: 91
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,146
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,897
    Points
    86,304
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 52

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Doesn't David Miles have a box at Kinnick?
    Of course that would be our luck.


    “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

    Martin Luther King Jr.

  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 12,332, Level: 33
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Irvington
    Posts
    218
    Points
    12,332
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    The BOR???? They said put more$$$$ in athletics or ELSE, or else what. They are also the people that MADE ISU sell channel 5 TV, remember. I still look at 5 as our station.
    I believe ISU will be ok when things settle out, maybe not where we want to be, but ok. The wrestling program will see the biggest hit if we are out of the Big 12 and with none wrestling schools. It would be tough.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by R1975P View Post
    The BOR???? They said put more$$$$ in athletics or ELSE, or else what. They are also the people that MADE ISU sell channel 5 TV, remember. I still look at 5 as our station.
    I believe ISU will be ok when things settle out, maybe not where we want to be, but ok. The wrestling program will see the biggest hit if we are out of the Big 12 and with none wrestling schools. It would be tough.
    Or they make ISU part of the U of I system a la University of Wisconsin.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 5,683, Level: 22
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27
    Points
    5,683
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    The Board of Regents have a anti-ISU slant and a strong Iowa one. They have no intention of doing anything to help ISU out in this situation. If we end up in a lower tier athletic conferance it will mean they can make more cuts to ISU both athletically and more importantly academically. How many more cuts can they make to ISU and have it remain as a high status academic institution? And with Branstad as the new Govenor things will only get worse. Remember what he and Pomerantz did to ISU before? All this is playing into ISU being really decimated. Good bye Fred, Bill, Paul, Christy....
    Don't count on the BOR......Pollard and Geoffrey are going to have to hit some homeruns everytime at bat in the next days and weeks.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by a fan View Post
    The Board of Regents have a anti-ISU slant and a strong Iowa one. They have no intention of doing anything to help ISU out in this situation. If we end up in a lower tier athletic conferance it will mean they can make more cuts to ISU both athletically and more importantly academically. How many more cuts can they make to ISU and have it remain as a high status academic institution? And with Branstad as the new Govenor things will only get worse. Remember what he and Pomerantz did to ISU before? All this is playing into ISU being really decimated. Good bye Fred, Bill, Paul, Christy....
    Don't count on the BOR......Pollard and Geoffrey are going to have to hit some homeruns everytime at bat in the next days and weeks.
    Finally, someone who gets it. As I stated yesterday; ISU out of a BCS conference and this bad economy gives Branstad cover to finish what he tried to start in the late 80's. Imagine what kind of ammo the BOR has if we're totally surrounded by CIC universities (Lincoln, Columbia, Iowa City, Minneapolis) to say "lets just bag it, make 'em part of U of I".

    There is precedence for this.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 483,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,457
    Points
    483,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 618

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    Finally, someone who gets it. As I stated yesterday; ISU out of a BCS conference and this bad economy gives Branstad cover to finish what he tried to start in the late 80's. Imagine what kind of ammo the BOR has if we're totally surrounded by CIC universities (Lincoln, Columbia, Iowa City, Minneapolis) to say "lets just bag it, make 'em part of U of I".

    There is precedence for this.
    While I think this is a bit overreatcting, if it ever came to pass that Branstad got his U of I system, I just couldn't bring myself to be a fan of University of Iowa-Ames...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    While I think this is a bit overreatcting, if it ever came to pass that Branstad got his U of I system, I just couldn't bring myself to be a fan of University of Iowa-Ames...
    I hope so. I never thought UNL would be a CIC university...


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 65,257, Level: 79
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isubeatle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,328
    Points
    65,257
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    can someone explain to me what makes Wisconsin unique? i guess i don't understand what you guys are talking about when you talk about combining the schools or whatever.

    thx



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 154,808, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,515
    Points
    154,808
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 31

    Re: Why haven't we heard from the BOR or Gartner?

    Quote Originally Posted by isubeatle View Post
    can someone explain to me what makes Wisconsin unique? i guess i don't understand what you guys are talking about when you talk about combining the schools or whatever.

    thx
    They're not. Minnesota has a system, Nebraska has a system; and if Terry Branstad and Marvin Pomerantz had had their way ISU would look a lot like the University of Nebraska @ Omaha (UNO).


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM