Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

I woke up mad...

So... I haven't done this in a long time, but I woke up mad this morning. This whole realignment thing has got me bent out of shape. This does NOT have to do with athletics as a whole, athletic history, academics, land grant schools, aau schools, or anything like that. It has to do with ONE thing... HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT INTO YOUR FOOTBALL STADIUM?

If it was about geography, or academics, or total athletic prowess, Kansas would already be into the Big 10. This is about one thing... GREED and MONEY.

And another thing. Why do Iowa fans think it's "funny" that we're on the outside of all this looking in? Why is it funny to them that we are getting crapped on? I say **** them. I hope the whole university burns to the ground today. I'll be there... roasting marshmallows.

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 63

Re: I woke up mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    So... I haven't done this in a long time, but I woke up mad this morning. This whole realignment thing has got me bent out of shape. This does NOT have to do with athletics as a whole, athletic history, academics, land grant schools, aau schools, or anything like that. It has to do with ONE thing... HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT INTO YOUR FOOTBALL STADIUM?

If it was about geography, or academics, or total athletic prowess, Kansas would already be into the Big 10. This is about one thing... GREED and MONEY.

And another thing. Why do Iowa fans think it's "funny" that we're on the outside of all this looking in? Why is it funny to them that we are getting crapped on? I say **** them. I hope the whole university burns to the ground today. I'll be there... roasting marshmallows.
    Buts thats all this country is about these days. If you step back and look at any situation going on right now, it is basically a bunch of people running around money grabbing like dollars are falling from the sky and they can't be left out. I think it is very sad that every decision must hinge on money and money alone. And no I am not saying people have much of a choice in the matter, but everything just reminds me of the time the Indian guy opened bags of money from a helicopter. It just brings a queezy feeling to my stomach watching people chase the $ and only chasing the $.

And I for one don't give a rip about the athletics side of things. Sure I'd rather be in the big conference, but I'll cheer for and support ISU no matter the opponents. What I worry about is how this will effect the academic side and university as a whole. I'd hate to see ISU evaporate as a college simply because there wasn't enough money to go around.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

this....is what gets me the most. They act like we deserve this. That we are so bad the world doesn't want us. I mean not to get too carried away but I really don't think I could harbor that much hate towards them if overnight their athletic department lost the funding that we are/will.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 244

Mack Brown wants to be the $10M Coach.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

I went to bed mad, then woke up feeling okay. Maybe it was a sign that the world will go on.....I don't know. ISU athletics is pretty damn important to me and it sucks to think that it has a chance to all be over. There is no reason why Iowa State should not be in the Big 10 Conference. If we were invited we would have a chance to be in a division with NU, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri,Wisconsin, Illinois and Northwestern. Every visiting team would be able to DRIVE to every away game if they wanted to! My buddies are making fun of me because I'm still holding out some hope that ISU will be fine after this, maybe better off. Another part of me wants this all to be over because my productivity has decreased by a lot the last couple weeks. On the other hand, the grass may not be greener on the other side of the fence if the formation of the conference was built soley on greed and money.

Addict
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 3

I personally don't see the ill-will you do from Hawk fans. I don't see anymore than the "big brother/little brother" dynamic that has always existed. You act as though they are giddy about our misfortune, but all I see is the typical back and forth banter...nothing out of the ordinary.

Additionally, I wouldn't get too mad. It is too early in this whole process to make any type of conclusion as to the effect realignment will have on Iowa State. I am one (and maybe the only one) who still believes that realignment may have a positive effect on Iowa State. We have not had any sustained success in the major sports since joining the Big 12. Sporatic success, yes, sustained, no. I still hold out hope that the Big 12 will realign with some of the better MWC schools, or perhaps we will join the Big East if some of its members start to drop. This gives us the opportunity to remain a BCS school, should not hurt the University as an institution, and creates a situatino where we can be more athleticly competitive.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Most of us are not taking any pleasure out of this because in the end it could be bad for the state of Iowa. I am an Iowan first, Hawkeye fan second. I will say though that if the rolls were reversed there would also be some Cyclone fans having fun with it at our expense. People need to realize on both sides of this that it is bigger than sports. I am not going to claim to have any particular love for you guys but I do have a grudging respect for you as rivals and I hope if the Big12 does come apart you have a good landing so we can keep up a competative rivalry and it does not impact the state. This is one Hawkeye fan that is wishing you luck in all of this.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer View Post
    this....is what gets me the most. They act like we deserve this. That we are so bad the world doesn't want us. I mean not to get too carried away but I really don't think I could harbor that much hate towards them if overnight their athletic department lost the funding that we are/will.
    I imagine you are getting the most your info on how the fans of others teams are looking at this from the internet, right?

Step 1: Don't read other boards.
    Step 2: See Step 1

What is happening right now brings out the worst in some people...people that can't see how the change can/will alter the state of Iowa, and not for the better.

People who use terms like "us" and "we" when discussing their favorite sports teams get too much of their own self-worth from the wins and losses so that is all they can see. The U of Iowa not having another major D1 school in the state will have its benefits, so that is all some can see...but rest assured there are many who think that what is happening will have an adverse outcome on other Iowans.

It is no different than when the Hawkeyes were having so many off the field incidents...people on here relished bringing that up at every turn (and some still do)...not realizing that a black eye on either school is a black eye on the state.

Addict
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Legend12 View Post
    I imagine you are getting the most your info on how the fans of others teams are looking at this from the internet, right?

What is happening right now brings out the worst in some people...people that can't see how the change can/will alter the state of Iowa, and not for the better.

People who use terms like "us" and "we" when discussing their favorite sports teams get too much of their own self-worth from the wins and losses so that is all they can see. The U of Iowa not having another major D1 school in the state will have its benefits, so that is all some can see...but rest assured there are many who think that what is happening will have an adverse outcome on other Iowans.

It is no different than when the Hawkeyes were having so many off the field incidents...people on here relished bringing that up at every turn (and some still do)...not realizing that a black eye on either school is a black eye on the state.
    a LOT would have to go wrong from Iowa State to no longer be considered a major, D1 school...

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by Legend12 View Post
    I also have to stay off of Facebook for awhile - yesterday I lost it when I read (paraphrased), "Enjoy the MVC, losers!"

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

i woke up mad this a.m. and said,"huck the fawkeyes(featherbutts)!"

doc

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 6

I think that the Big 10 would be the best choice if it exists for ISU if the Big 12 is disbanded. I hate to say that, but at least it makes sense more than joining some conference out west. I still have hopes that the Big 12 finds a way to exist past this stuff. I'm still in shock that these schools would trash tradition for a couple of bucks. This is clearly a sign that its time to tax the heck out of the NCAA.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

Yeah, I woke up mad too. It will probably be similar for the coming weeks.

Last edited by Rogue52; 06-10-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue52 View Post
    Yeah, I woke up made too. It will probably be similar for the coming weeks.
    Like in the Mafia?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    VeteranRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I think that the Big 10 would be the best choice if it exists for ISU if the Big 12 is disbanded.
    Of course it is...unfortunately for the Cyclones ISU is not the best choice for the Big Ten.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantacyclone View Post
    I'm still in shock that these schools would trash tradition for a couple of bucks. This is clearly a sign that its time to tax the heck out of the NCAA.
    Hmmm...I am sure you felt the same way when the Big 12 was formed? Or was that different because it was ISU that was benefiting?