Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Blame Texas

I don't understand the hate for Nebraska. This league was screwed by Texas when we added them to start the Big 12 and they took over the league and never budged on revenue sharing and a TV agreement.

Texas forced Nebraska and every other team in this conference to make the best decision for themselves. I guarantee you that if Jamie was the first one offered to the Big Ten, he would have taken it too. I legitimately still don't count out the Iowa State possibility to the Big Ten. It makes a lot more sense the travel and tradition reasons to add Iowa State, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri to the Big Ten to form a West Division with Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. Think of the travel for the smaller sports going from New Jersey to Nebraska. Maryland to Nebraska...you could say the Pac Ten is doing it, but I think they are ridiculously stupid in doing it. What a great trip it will be to go from Seattle to College Station!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,111
    Given: 794

Re: Blame Texas

Why blame Texas? We knew exactly who they were (or at the very least we were warned) and what the end result was going to be when we let them in the conference. Perhaps we should be blaming ourselves for letting OUR greed get the best of us 15 years ago...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

1) By most accounts, Texas is still in the Big XII pending NU's announcement. NU drew first blood here.

2) Those same accounts state that Texas would remain, had NU remained.

3) NU has had the chance to equalize the revenues and voted against it. Why? Because they stood to make more money as well. Not at much as UT, but more than equal distribution.

I have no love for UT in this. But NU deserves the wrath it's getting.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 635
    Given: 311

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Texas is the one that created this condition. The conference could survive without NU

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Cytaki View Post
    I don't understand the hate for Nebraska. This league was screwed by Texas when we added them to start the Big 12 and they took over the league and never budged on revenue sharing and a TV agreement.

Texas forced Nebraska and every other team in this conference to make the best decision for themselves. I guarantee you that if Jamie was the first one offered to the Big Ten, he would have taken it too. I legitimately still don't count out the Iowa State possibility to the Big Ten. It makes a lot more sense the travel and tradition reasons to add Iowa State, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri to the Big Ten to form a West Division with Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. Think of the travel for the smaller sports going from New Jersey to Nebraska. Maryland to Nebraska...you could say the Pac Ten is doing it, but I think they are ridiculously stupid in doing it. What a great trip it will be to go from Seattle to College Station!
    Some of the potential matchups seem more like a professional league. Maybe interest will develop over time. But IMO the rivalries between neighbors are better. You see the same thing in Iowa HS football, where school size instead of population is the determining factor.

Last edited by Clone83; 06-09-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 3

Interesting that the Texas schools will be in 3 differences conferences in the last 15 years leaving 2 conferences destroyed in their wake. Coincidence?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,111
    Given: 794

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Interesting that the Texas schools will be in 3 differences conferences in the last 15 years leaving 2 conferences destroyed in their wake. Coincidence?
    Actually, from what I have previously read, SMU and TCU and the rest of the corrupt smaller schools had more to do with the SWC being dismantled than Texas did.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 15

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    1) By most accounts, Texas is still in the Big XII pending NU's announcement. NU drew first blood here.

3) NU has had the chance to equalize the revenues and voted against it. Why? Because they stood to make more money as well. Not at much as UT, but more than equal distribution.

I have no love for UT in this. But NU deserves the wrath it's getting.
    DAMN STRAIGHT!!! Huck the Fuskers. TO, I hope there's a nice little corner of Hell waiting for you and your overweening prideful arrogance.

All-Star
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

yeah, they were all cheating and Texas was not and Texas actually was having a hard time competing in a lot of years.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Texas is the one that created this condition. The conference could survive without NU
    Maybe - but how's it any diffent then than what NU is doing?

It's not like they're forcing the other 5 to go to the Pac 10. That's just smart on their part.

Again, no love for the Longhorns. It's pretty hollow for NU to go "it's not us!".

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Ultimately the Big 12 is dissolving over a power struggle between Nebraska and Texas. I just think the ultimate deciding factor in the fate of the conference was when we all let Texas in and they destroyed the league. But we will see what comes of it. I don't see why to worry. We will be fine. A lot of dominoes are now going to fall all over the country. Ultimately I think the Big East will probably die just like the Big 12 will. So we won't be the only school looking for a new home.

The SEC will make a power move by looking to add teams like Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida State, Clemson or Virginia Tech.

In turn the ACC will look to add the remaining team from the Big East.

Who the heck knows how this will all turn out!

Addict
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,897
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 41

Ultimately the Big 12 is dissolving over a power struggle between Nebraska and Texas. I just think the ultimate deciding factor in the fate of the conference was when we all let Texas in and they destroyed the league. But we will see what comes of it. I don't see why to worry. We will be fine. A lot of dominoes are now going to fall all over the country. Ultimately I think the Big East will probably die just like the Big 12 will. So we won't be the only school looking for a new home.

The SEC will make a power move by looking to add teams like Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida State, Clemson or Virginia Tech.

In turn the ACC will look to add the remaining team from the Big East.

Who the heck knows how this will all turn out!
    doubtful, it wouldn't increase their footprint.

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 193

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    And NU could have changed that by voting for equal revenue sharing. They didn't.

Also UT is taking their closest conference friends along to the next conference. Who is NU taking?

"Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You still have absolutely no proof that Nebraska isn't taking anyone. Texas has always been the loudmouth older brother. Tom Osborne will always play everything close to the chest. He did it in coaching and he will continue to. Until Friday comes I am not believing everything that is being sources to orangebloods.com!! For the most part...ultimately their main goal in all of this is to make Nebraska to be the villain. Ultimately, this conference has been doomed from the start!

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 155

Texas is to blame because they will be the ones blowing up the conference. NU could be replaced and the Big 12 maintained. In fact, I think this is still a possibility. But if they decide NU's leaving gives them the opportunity to hitch their wagons to PART of the conference and seek greener pastures, I'll hold them exclusively responsible.