Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Some Good News For a Change (US Cellular)

With all the bad news out there, I need to share a positive story. For those that don't know, I'm Tec71's brother.

We received our US Cellular bill today from last month. Long story short, we went over our minutes and had overage charges of $70. I called the general # on my bill, pressed 0 to talk to an agent and asked about my bill.

She asked if there was any reason we had gone over our minutes last month. We have nationwide coverage so I didn't think of anything and then I remembered the accident (May 6). I explained what had happened and those events probably caused us to go over our minutes.

After being on hold for several minutes, she came back on and said "we'd like to help you out with those charges. Normally we can only help with up to half the amount, but I'd like to go ahead and just wipe out the entire $70."

After I thanked her she responded, "Actually, when I pulled up your account, I noticed the last name and immediately recognized it because of the accident. You see, I live in Iowa. We're thinking of you and want to help by taking a little bit off your plate."

US Cellular gets jabbed at a lot...this was customer service at its best. Thank you US Cellular.

"They'd write things like...Lloyd. See you around....maybe."

--Lloyd Dobler

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,163
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 38

Re: Some Good News For a Change (US Cellular)

That's pretty cool.

I wish you and your family the best. That tragedy somehow helps remind me how all this "bad news" is truely insignificant in the scheme of things.

ďScience investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.Ē

Martin Luther King Jr.

Starter
    Thumbs Up

That's a neat story. It's good to hear about things like this instead of all the bad from major corps all the time.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 27

I finally got to meet your brother 2 weeks ago. Strongest man I have ever met.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 128

Quote Originally Posted by jakemcilroy View Post
    With all the bad news out there, I need to share a positive story. For those that don't know, I'm Tec71's brother.

We received our US Cellular bill today from last month. Long story short, we went over our minutes and had overage charges of $70. I called the general # on my bill, pressed 0 to talk to an agent and asked about my bill.

She asked if there was any reason we had gone over our minutes last month. We have nationwide coverage so I didn't think of anything and then I remembered the accident (May 6). I explained what had happened and those events probably caused us to go over our minutes.

After being on hold for several minutes, she came back on and said "we'd like to help you out with those charges. Normally we can only help with up to half the amount, but I'd like to go ahead and just wipe out the entire $70."

After I thanked her she responded, "Actually, when I pulled up your account, I noticed the last name and immediately recognized it because of the accident. You see, I live in Iowa. We're thinking of you and want to help by taking a little bit off your plate."

US Cellular gets jabbed at a lot...this was customer service at its best. Thank you US Cellular.
    That is a very nice thing they did for you. This conference realignment stuff is not even close to as devastating as what you and your family had to go through. I wish you and your family the best.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This is why I love US Cellular, and why I went to a lot of trouble to stick with them, even though I'm living in parts of the country where they don't really have a presence. They have never provided my family or I anything less than unbelievable and unrivaled customer service. They are- as is evidenced yet again by this story- a company run by real human beings, with real compassion and care for their customers.

Last edited by ornryactor; 06-10-2010 at 08:19 AM.
    True and Valiant

I also remember a game with Kansas when Cy (wore a huge suit then) went out to center field, squatted, and "pooped" a couple of chickens that had been dyed blue then chased them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJK15

God I hope so, even if it's not the right thing to do, KF needs to do it.
    Victory before honor.

Addict
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,921
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by ornryactor View Post
    I don't intend to be an insensitive *****, but what happened to Tec71? May 6 was during a pretty long period where I didn't have time to ever be on CF, so I'm out of the loop on quite a bit.

Regardless, this is why I love US Cellular, and why I went to a lot of trouble to stick with them, even though I'm living in parts of the country where they don't really have a presence. They have never provided my family or I anything less than unbelievable and unrivaled customer service. They are- as is evidenced yet again by this story- a company run by real human beings, with real compassion and care for their customers.
    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...her-power.html

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by jakemcilroy View Post

You should also know that while posted the issue I had with them, several weeks later I recieved a message on our home machine saying that her account had been taken care of and appologizing for the headache. I've often said it's great when companies get it right the first time but mistakes happen and the true sign of great customer service is how you handle it when things don't go as smoothly as we'd all like it to.

"95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

This very nice to hear. Good to see a company that will take care of a customer who has very good reasons.