Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 18

Colin COW-Herd

Why does this guy suck so bad? I HATE him. His opening comment today was about how awesome it'll be when the state of Texas joins the Pac-10 and makes a super 16 and how it'll work out perfectly for everyone. How's it help ISU, KU, or KSU? He's such an idiot...... I really dislike this guy. Anyone else?

Last edited by Clonegrad07; 06-07-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: language filter

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 587

Re: Colin COW-Herd

Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    Why does this guy suck so bad? I HATE him. His opening comment today was about how awesome it'll be when the state of Texas joins the Pac-10 and makes a super 16 and how it'll work out perfectly for everyone. How's it help ISU, KU, or KSU? He's such a jack@ss...... I really dislike this guy. Anyone else?
    Michelle>>>>>>>>>>>>>Colin

"The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,807
    Given: 170

It's no secret that he's a Pac 10 guy. He freely admits being a Pac 10 homer and a USC fan. Knowing that, it's not surprising to hear his comments.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Hall-Of-Famer
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 379
    Given: 402

Why does this guy suck so bad? I HATE him. His opening comment today was about how awesome it'll be when the state of Texas joins the Pac-10 and makes a super 16 and how it'll work out perfectly for everyone. How's it help ISU, KU, or KSU? He's such an idiot...... I really dislike this guy. Anyone else?
    I'm a pretty opinionated person but I find myself agreeing with Colin almost all the time. He doesn't just spew crap out of his mouth, he usually has facts to back it up. A lot of the time I find that when people don't like him it's because he's touched a nerve and the truth hurts.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,343
    Given: 939

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I'm a pretty opinionated person but I find myself agreeing with Colin almost all the time. He doesn't just spew crap out of his mouth, he usually has facts to back it up. A lot of the time I find that when people don't like him it's because he's touched a nerve and the truth hurts.
    I normally agree, but how is a Pac-16 "better for everyone" when it CLEARLY damages KU, KSU, ISU, the CU/Baylor holdover, and potentially Nebraska and Mizzou if the Big 10 hangs them out to dry?

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,807
    Given: 170

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post

I will say that he sometimes makes good points. But, a lot of the time he is just talking out of his ***. Just listen to his theory that star athletes are more prone to thuggery and misbehavior because they've spent their lives dedicated to sports rather than social graces. He spends plenty of time blathering about stuff he doesn't know anything about.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Colin isn't shy about is love for college football. Having Texas, Oklahoma, and USC in the same conference would be great for college football. ISU, KU, KSU, and Iowa (I include Iowa to avoid the obvious response) have not been relevant in college football consistently..

Also, you can't hate him too much if you keep listening.

Last edited by cuinknk; 06-07-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 42

The problem I have with Colin is he makes one point, and the repeats it for 10 minutes. He might say it a different way, but he just repeats himself over and over for 5 hours a day.

Prospect Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJames View Post
    The problem I have with Colin is he makes one point, and the repeats it for 10 minutes. He might say it a different way, but he just repeats himself over and over for 5 hours a day.
    He does, and he admits it. The reason is, nobody listens to the full show. When somebody tunes in, he wants to be on one of the "big topics."

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 241

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I normally agree, but how is a Pac-16 "better for everyone" when it CLEARLY damages KU, KSU, ISU, the CU/Baylor holdover, and potentially Nebraska and Mizzou if the Big 10 hangs them out to dry?
    Cowherd is what I call a "sports-republican". He likes terms like "tv ratings","money" and "super/mega/big/etc.". He hates the little-guy because they don't bring anything to the table - and he's right. He hated the TCU-Boise St. Fiesta Bowl, and he was right as it drew in one of the lowest viewer ratings for a BCS game. Cowherd is a California guy broadcasting out of Connecticut, but his points do make sense to the major media markets. Yes, expansion could ruin the midwest but besides the state of Iowa and Kansas who will really care?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 18

I can't stand him and this is one of several reasons...he talks and is just stupid, he works VERY hard for ratings and doesn't hide it, he is too opinionated.

IMO The Dan Patrick Show is FAR better than any other show, it just has the feelings of guys shooting the breeze talking sports and women, I mean they had a contest last week to decide which SI Swimsuit cover to take down to put the new one of Brooklyn Decker up. I just wish I had directv to watch it.

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by cuinknk View Post
    He does, and he admits it. The reason is, nobody listens to the full show. When somebody tunes in, he wants to be on one of the "big topics."
    I don't have a problem with basically having a two hour show that you repeat. I get that. My bigger problem is he will just keep saying the same thing over and over. He really needs a wing man with him. He needs someone else to talk to and share another opinion.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 854
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    Cowherd is what I call a "sports-republican". He likes terms like "tv ratings","money" and "super/mega/big/etc.". He hates the little-guy because they don't bring anything to the table - and he's right. He hated the TCU-Boise St. Fiesta Bowl, and he was right as it drew in one of the lowest viewer ratings for a BCS game.
    This. He would be happy if college football only involved USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida & Alabama. He openly says he hates when non-traditional teams are good.

As far as his sports knowledge, it usually lacks. He can be fun to listen to, but not because of sports info he can give you.

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

Prospect Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I don't have a problem with basically having a two hour show that you repeat. I get that. My bigger problem is he will just keep saying the same thing over and over. He really needs a wing man with him. He needs someone else to talk to and share another opinion.
    I love his show, but his ego is too big for a wing man, IMO.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 92

Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    I can't stand him and this is one of several reasons...he talks and is just stupid, he works VERY hard for ratings and doesn't hide it, he is too opinionated.

IMO The Dan Patrick Show is FAR better than any other show, it just has the feelings of guys shooting the breeze talking sports and women, I mean they had a contest last week to decide which SI Swimsuit cover to take down to put the new one of Brooklyn Decker up. I just wish I had directv to watch it.
    He's stupid? That's false. Is he opinionated? Yes. Are his opinions often contrary to public perception? Yes.

The problem people have with him is that he is a big team/program guy. He get's the fact that if the most popular teams do well, the sport as a whole is better off. The other day he was talking about the Knicks and how the NBA cannot have success if the Knicks are bad for 20 years because they are a huge market. That is absolutely true. I like his show because he doesn't talk much about box scores and simply the games and what happened in them. He looks forward and looks at the business side which I find interesting. i probably find myself yelling at him 50% of the time because i think he is wrong, but even then, he makes you think outside of one game or event. He never hides that he is a big market guy. He's a USC fan, a Patriots fan, whatever. He will admit that. If you look at those opinions objectively though, he is right a lot of the time.

If he was an idiot he would be working the 4 o'clock sports slot in Des Moines. Not the 9 o'clcok on National radio.

It's all snark from here on out