Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

How do you think they will do this upcoming season.

Is anybody else worried about how the women will do this upcoming season. When Aus was out last year from her sickness we lost most of the games. Sure, the last year freshmen will step and be great, and I am sure the newbies will help out. I am just worried about turnovers because we don't have a point guard yet... Even when we do it will be a learning process for them. They got to learn not to commit turnovers, and how to take extreme pressure. What are your thoughts? Do you think we can have another run in the NCAA or will this be a season where it is going to be about learning?

Cyclone fans are now Seattle fans. Go Seattle. Go Aus. GO CYCLONES!!!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 63

Re: How do you think they will do this upcoming season.

IMHO it'll depend on how Mansfield, the new PG adapt to the team and Big 12. I hope Chassidy can also step up. Last season was quite difficult to judge her as it was her first.
    I will be happy with NIT - knowing how much we'll miss Aus. But I will be happy to be wrong (meaning, another NCAA): I thought last season we'd have problems as that would be a rebuilding year. Well, I've never been happier to be wrong.

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 344
    Given: 327

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone13 View Post
    IMHO it'll depend on how Mansfield, the new PG adapt to the team and Big 12. I hope Chassidy can also step up. Last season was quite difficult to judge her as it was her first.
    I will be happy with NIT - knowing how much we'll miss Aus. But I will be happy to be wrong (meaning, another NCAA): I thought last season we'd have problems as that would be a rebuilding year. Well, I've never been happier to be wrong.
    Too much talent from last years class to not think we are an NCAA team again. Not the high seed we were this year but in the dance. Good thing for wins is that we only play the south teams once each and that is where the conference power is (OU, Baylor, Texas, A&M). I don't see any of the north teams beating up on us.

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 54

Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Too much talent from last years class to not think we are an NCAA team again. Not the high seed we were this year but in the dance. Good thing for wins is that we only play the south teams once each and that is where the conference power is (OU, Baylor, Texas, A&M). I don't see any of the north teams beating up on us.
    Losing Lacey and Williams is a big hit. If Williams were coming back, I would feel comfortable that we'd make the NCAAs again. But now, that PG spot is really questionable, and we don't have any guard depth returning. We're really going to need the newcomers to step up again.

As for the other teams, I'd expect Nebraska to take a big step down, Kansas should be a little down, and I don't see any reason to expect more out of Missouri or Colorado. I'd expect K-State will be much improved. They lost several very close games last year.

Right now, I'd guess that we'll be on the bubble come the end of the season.

Walk On
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Last year had an awesome class of seniors in the big 12. With Andrea Riley, Kelsey Griffen, Alison Lacey, Danielle McCray, Tanisha Smith, etc. We got to admit last years class was excellent. They made a big impact on the game, so I know every team is losing great players.

I think that Baylor will finish first in the league. They just have too much power with Brittany Griner. We don't know how Missouri will do with their new coach. This year will probably be a learning year, so I expect them to finish close to the end. Nebraska won't be dominant again this year without Kelsey Griffin and Cory Montgomery. Oklahoma is going to do better now that they have Whitney Hand back. I expect us to finish in the middle because we are usually dependent on 3 pointers, and with a lack of guards we are going to be depending on our still-learning forwards. This year should be a lot better for them though. :)

I think we have chances of going to the NCAA, but this year is going to be a learning year for us. We will go to a postseason. I will be happy with a wnit tournament. Hope they can prove us wrong.

Once a cyclones, always a cyclone.

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

this talk sounds similar to what we were saying last year, a rebuilding year after losing all those seniors, and guess what - sweet sixteen.

I have my worries, but other teams lose their stars too. BF has said he feels real good about this upcoming season - and has scheduled some tough non-cons this year. Yes, we have to wonder about our PG/Guard situation, but there is always something to redo every year. We wondered who will replace Medders not so long ago, and looked who stepped up. I personally think JS might be a real bright spot this year.

I say NCAAs again.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

One question: Will Bill Fennelly still be head coach?

That should answer your question right there.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by beatiowa View Post

That should answer your question right there.
    Is there a reason why he wouldn't be?

Thanks.

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 54

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    this talk sounds similar to what we were saying last year, a rebuilding year after losing all those seniors, and guess what - sweet sixteen.

I have my worries, but other teams lose their stars too. BF has said he feels real good about this upcoming season - and has scheduled some tough non-cons this year. Yes, we have to wonder about our PG/Guard situation, but there is always something to redo every year. We wondered who will replace Medders not so long ago, and looked who stepped up. I personally think JS might be a real bright spot this year.

I say NCAAs again.
    If our new PG can get the ball to the bigs in situations where they have a chance to score, and we discover 1 or 2 more 3 point threats to go along with Bolte, Zimmerman, and Prins, I think NCAAs are very possible.

My biggest worry is handling pressure. I'm not confident in the ability of any of our returning players to bring the ball up the court against pressure.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 762
    Given: 1,576

Quote Originally Posted by PGreen ISU '92 View Post
    Is there a reason why he wouldn't be?

Thanks.
    Try reading the subject and reply this way:

"Re: How do you think they will do this upcoming season.

That should answer your question right there. "

I think he is saying Bill Fennelly is the answer to how we will do; Bill Fennelly = winner.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Walk On
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post

I say NCAAs again.
    Never thought of it that way. True that. I know I was one of the ones that worried, but I worry about every season. It is always a good sign when Fennelly is scheduling a hard season. I am hoping though that this year they will solve all the issues so that the following year can be good season. Hopefully a perfect season. DREAMS DO COME TRUE! Maybe have a rematch with UCONN and cream them!

Once a cyclones, always a cyclone.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

Hard to tell, going to need some ladies to step up their game to make up for all the things Aus did. I think the offense is going to be more post-oriented since that is where all our talent is. Bolte is not a very good 1-on-1 threat so she's the wildcard if she can get that scorer's mentality and take over games by being able to create shots off the dribble.

Bubble team at best right now I think. Really need to get some athletic guards and wing players in this next recruiting class to compliment the solid post players we have.

Go Cubs Go!

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Hard to tell, going to need some ladies to step up their game to make up for all the things Aus did. I think the offense is going to be more post-oriented since that is where all our talent is. Bolte is not a very good 1-on-1 threat so she's the wildcard if she can get that scorer's mentality and take over games by being able to create shots off the dribble.

Bubble team at best right now I think. Really need to get some athletic guards and wing players in this next recruiting class to compliment the solid post players we have.
    Everyone keeps saying Bolte is not a good 1 on 1 threat, but she has a great step around jumper that we see almost every game. Schroll is a very athletic guard/wing you mention, and Bill is talking about running a 3 post line-up at times. I hear Hallie has some good handling skills at 6 3, so there are a lot of unknowns, but also a lot of possibilities.

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 21

A quick look at the B12 -
    South:
    Baylor - odds on pick to win the conference - return four starters plus a stellar recruiting class.
    Oklahoma - Danielle Robinson and Whitney Hand return, question will be the post, Abi O. did a decent job last year, Nyesha Stevenson also graduated, and she could go off - they will be in the top five teams.
    Ok. State - Riley and Cunningham gone + starting post player - who does the scoring? They are near the bottom of the league
    TAMU - should be # 2 in the league, Danielle Adams in back + both point guards.
    Texas - Brittany Raven and Erika Arriarian (sp?) are gone + Erneshia Williams, they have been the most unpredictable team since Gail took over - middle of the pack.
    Texas Tech - they were young last year and actually progressed last year at the end of the season - could be better this year, and if they don't win Curry will be gone.

North:
    Kansas - young team last year that showed flashes of brilliance at times. Angel Goodrich returns at PG, and Carolyn Davis was a pretty strong post player at the end of the year - they are in my eyes the 2nd best team in the North.
    Kansas State - Who replaces Ashley Sweat and Kari Kincaid? Deb Patterson is struggling recruiting, and I see them anywhere from 8-10 next year in the standings. They don't have a go to player like Sweat.
    Missouri - I like Robin, but I don't see any improvement next year. There just isn't a lot of talent there and Jessra Johnson their top scorer graduated.
    Nebraska - Connie lost Griffin, Montgomery, Turner as starters and three other seniors who played coming off the bench. They lose about 51 points a game in scoring from their seniors. It will be a rebuilding year for Connie.
    Colorado - Alyssa Fressle transferred, and Whitney Houston is most likely not coming back. They are building a team around Brittany Spears who is inconsistent. They lost their starting post player too. Chucky Jeffrey showed some strong play at times. With a new coach, it will be a struggle, although they won't finish last.
    Iowa State - should win the North - three starters return, + top off the bench player. Prins wasn't finally in her groove until the end of the season after dealing with a stress fracture, and mono. Z missed games because of her ankle and was behind until later in the season. Cole, although a sophomore, played like a freshman. Yes, there is a question at the PG, but Bill always has something up his sleeve. I like the team and think another top four finish is possible.

Pro
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 63

[Colorado - Alyssa Fressle transferred, and Whitney Houston is most likely not coming back. They are building a team around Brittany Spears who is inconsistent. They lost their starting post player too. Chucky Jeffrey showed some strong play at times. With a new coach, it will be a struggle, although they won't finish last.
    QUOTE]

Dude, first I thought you were joking until I went to the website and there was Whitney Houston and Brittany Spears on the roster. I just wish her name was Britney instead of Britney. It'll be fun to have a promotion "watch Britney Spears and Whitney Houston tonight !"