6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

  2. #2
    Publisher
    Points: 813,279, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,752
    Points
    813,279
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    It looks like the fate of the Big 12 could end up in the hands of Nebraska...

    Orangebloods.com - Pac-10 ready to make moves; Nebraska's decision is key



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 81,548, Level: 88
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,398
    Points
    81,548
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 333
    Given: 221

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    It looks like the fate of the Big 12 could end up in the hands of Nebraska...

    Orangebloods.com - Pac-10 ready to make moves; Nebraska's decision is key
    IDK about the entire fate of the big 12, but if JUST mizzou left the Big 12 would probably find a team to add somewhere and move on w/o them, Nebraska leaving may cause a little more retooling so to speak, but Texas ultimately is going to decide if the big 12 stays together or not.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 18,107, Level: 41
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirksville, MO
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    18,107
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    IDK about the entire fate of the big 12, but if JUST mizzou left the Big 12 would probably find a team to add somewhere and move on w/o them, Nebraska leaving may cause a little more retooling so to speak, but Texas ultimately is going to decide if the big 12 stays together or not.
    This.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 103,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,495
    Points
    103,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 43

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    It looks like the fate of the Big 12 could end up in the hands of Nebraska...

    Orangebloods.com - Pac-10 ready to make moves; Nebraska's decision is key
    Or Notre Dame. Sounds to me like if ND accepts the Big 10 invite that's all the Big 10 will add. Leaving the Big 12 intact because the Mizzou and NE will have nowhere to go.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 97,735, Level: 97
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,315
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,105
    Points
    97,735
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 167
    Given: 212

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    Or Notre Dame. Sounds to me like if ND accepts the Big 10 invite that's all the Big 10 will add. Leaving the Big 12 intact because the Mizzou and NE will have nowhere to go.
    at least until the Big10 expands again. The bigXII if is survives is going to have to find a way to not only close the revenue gap but secure the membership of institutions LONG TERM or we are just sitting on a time bomb set to go off again in 10 years.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 103,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,495
    Points
    103,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 43

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    at least until the Big10 expands again. The bigXII if is survives is going to have to find a way to not only close the revenue gap but secure the membership of institutions LONG TERM or we are just sitting on a time bomb set to go off again in 10 years.
    Sounds like from those links that Beebe believes the renegotiation of the TV rights will do that. Problem for us right now is that the contract lasts until 2015 for ESPN. Hopefully we get to that point before any further Big 10 expansion happens.

    If they get ND I think they will be done for the long term. It gives them the national audience they want for Big 10 network negotiations. And it gives them the even number they need for a championship game. Adding more schools also diffuses the Conference Revenue. If you add ND you get every remaining TV market for just 1 more school. IMO.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 22,235, Level: 45
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    drednot57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    1,705
    Points
    22,235
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 76

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    Sounds like from those links that Beebe believes the renegotiation of the TV rights will do that. Problem for us right now is that the contract lasts until 2015 for ESPN. Hopefully we get to that point before any further Big 10 expansion happens.

    If they get ND I think they will be done for the long term. It gives them the national audience they want for Big 10 network negotiations. And it gives them the even number they need for a championship game. Adding more schools also diffuses the Conference Revenue. If you add ND you get every remaining TV market for just 1 more school. IMO.
    Absolutely. From what I've read and heard, it was pretty much 50-50 that ND would join. Looks like the coin may flip heads.


    P.J. Farmer rocks!

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 424,090, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,809
    Points
    424,090
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 423

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    IF nebraska\mizzou stay, itd be interesting to see the conference look for a couple teams to poach from somewhere else as well.



  10. #10
    Prospect
    Points: 3,984, Level: 18
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Points
    3,984
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 6-6 Cyclone/Big 12/Realignment Links

    It was mentioned a while back that Arkansas would make a good target for the Big XII if the SEC went to the ACC looking for schools. What about Illinois? They don't compete right now in the Big X...

    Seriously, TCU might make a good addition, or maybe another school from the MAC or CUSA from a metropolitan market.

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    IF nebraska\mizzou stay, itd be interesting to see the conference look for a couple teams to poach from somewhere else as well.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM