Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 112,943, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,744
    Points
    112,943
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 50

    What will JP say during next week's Tailgate Tour?

    I'm just curious as to what Pollard will add about this Big 12 mess at Omaha and Sioux City next week. He'll have to be more optimistic than the letter that was put out. It's all anyone is talking about.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 117,732, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    6,468
    Points
    117,732
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 77

    Re: What will JP say during next week's Tailgate Tour?

    He'll probably say what he said at the Clear Lake tour:

    Said it makes good tv/radio for the next 12-18 months because that's what speculation does. Said not to fret too much about it. Said that no matter who is in what conference, college athletics has always been competitive. Said Iowa State will always have a seat at the table. May not know at which table or who they'll be sitting with, but they'll always have a seat.




  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 18,107, Level: 41
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirksville, MO
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    18,107
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What will JP say during next week's Tailgate Tour?

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    He'll probably say what he said at the Clear Lake tour:

    Said it makes good tv/radio for the next 12-18 months because that's what speculation does. Said not to fret too much about it. Said that no matter who is in what conference, college athletics has always been competitive. Said Iowa State will always have a seat at the table. May not know at which table or who they'll be sitting with, but they'll always have a seat.
    yeah, but I don't want to be at the plastic table that's 2 feet off the ground.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 117,732, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    6,468
    Points
    117,732
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 77

    Re: What will JP say during next week's Tailgate Tour?

    Quote Originally Posted by LutherClone View Post
    yeah, but I don't want to be at the plastic table that's 2 feet off the ground.
    True, but what control do we really have over it?




  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 18,107, Level: 41
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 843
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kirksville, MO
    Posts
    1,161
    Points
    18,107
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: What will JP say during next week's Tailgate Tour?

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    True, but what control do we really have over it?
    Little to none. But we might be able to bring real silverware to a plastic fork fight. Hey, I'm an optimist.



  6. #6
    st8
    Guest

    Re: What will JP say during next week's Tailgate Tour?

    Quote Originally Posted by LutherClone View Post
    yeah, but I don't want to be at the plastic table that's 2 feet off the ground.
    I'm pretty sure there's a lot of posters on here that legally aren't allowed within a 1000 feet of that table...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM