Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 244
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 19,774, Level: 42
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,167
    Points
    19,774
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 9

    Letter from GG and JP

    How does this show up on a Baylor board before it does here?! Granted CF is running really slow for me right now so this could be up already....

    Ames Tribune > Ames Tribune > Sports
    Iowa State President's Letter on Realignment - BaylorFans.com Message Boards

    Iowa State University releases letter on conference realignment

    Published: Friday, June 4, 2010 2:20 PM CDT
    Bobby La Gesse
    Sports Editor

    Iowa State president Dr. Gregory Geoffroy and athletic director Jamie Pollard posted a letter on the Iowa State athletic website Friday in regard to conference realignment.

    Here is the letter:

    Dear Cyclone alumni, fans and friends of the University,

    This week, we participated in the Big 12 Conference spring meetings in which a major topic of discussion was potential conference re-alignment. With the immense speculation and media attention given to this issue, we felt it was important for you to hear directly from us.

    We believe the Big 12 Conference is the perfect fit for Iowa State University. We are committed to our membership in the Big 12, and we are optimistic that the conference will remain intact. However, we also recognize that the long-term viability of the Big 12 Conference is not in our control - it is in the hands of just a few of our fellow member institutions.

    Iowa State and several other members of the Big 12 Conference are especially vulnerable under some of the re-alignment scenarios currently circulating, particularly one involving expansion of the Pac-10. We are doing everything in our power to represent the best interests of Iowa State in these discussions, but we also are sensitive to the huge uncertainty that has been created and recognize that the situation could evolve in directions that are not aligned with our interests.

    We understand and share your concerns about Iowa State athletics and the Big 12 Conference. We are still optimistic that the Big 12 will remain intact and continue to be one of our nation's premier athletics conferences, but we must be ready to act if that does not prove to be the case. We will keep in touch as the situation unfolds, and we appreciate your understanding.

    Go Cyclones!

    Dr. Gregory Geoffroy
    President

    Jamie Pollard
    Director of Athletics



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 79,924, Level: 87
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,269
    Points
    79,924
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 7

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    wow baylor has a message board?



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 19,774, Level: 42
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,167
    Points
    19,774
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 9

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    It's actually pretty decent. Just stumbled onto it from another thread.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 27,106, Level: 50
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,812
    Points
    27,106
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 284

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by LutherClone View Post
    How does this show up on a Baylor board before it does here?! Granted CF is running really slow for me right now so this could be up already....

    Ames Tribune > Ames Tribune > Sports
    Iowa State President's Letter on Realignment - BaylorFans.com Message Boards

    Iowa State University releases letter on conference realignment

    Published: Friday, June 4, 2010 2:20 PM CDT
    Bobby La Gesse
    Sports Editor

    Iowa State president Dr. Gregory Geoffroy and athletic director Jamie Pollard posted a letter on the Iowa State athletic website Friday in regard to conference realignment.

    Here is the letter:

    Dear Cyclone alumni, fans and friends of the University,

    This week, we participated in the Big 12 Conference spring meetings in which a major topic of discussion was potential conference re-alignment. With the immense speculation and media attention given to this issue, we felt it was important for you to hear directly from us.

    We believe the Big 12 Conference is the perfect fit for Iowa State University. We are committed to our membership in the Big 12, and we are optimistic that the conference will remain intact. However, we also recognize that the long-term viability of the Big 12 Conference is not in our control - it is in the hands of just a few of our fellow member institutions.

    Iowa State and several other members of the Big 12 Conference are especially vulnerable under some of the re-alignment scenarios currently circulating, particularly one involving expansion of the Pac-10. We are doing everything in our power to represent the best interests of Iowa State in these discussions, but we also are sensitive to the huge uncertainty that has been created and recognize that the situation could evolve in directions that are not aligned with our interests.

    We understand and share your concerns about Iowa State athletics and the Big 12 Conference. We are still optimistic that the Big 12 will remain intact and continue to be one of our nation's premier athletics conferences, but we must be ready to act if that does not prove to be the case. We will keep in touch as the situation unfolds, and we appreciate your understanding.

    Go Cyclones!

    Dr. Gregory Geoffroy
    President

    Jamie Pollard
    Director of Athletics
    That doesn't sound very encouraging.


    Go Cyclones!!

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 429,765, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,564
    Points
    429,765
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,446
    Given: 799

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    I'm curious what they have in mind by 'must be ready to act'



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 79,924, Level: 87
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,269
    Points
    79,924
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 7

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I'm curious what they have in mind by 'must be ready to act'
    grab the lube and hope for the best



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 19,774, Level: 42
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    LutherClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,167
    Points
    19,774
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 9

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    That doesn't sound very encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I'm curious what they have in mind by 'must be ready to act'

    To me this said two things:

    A- We're SOL
    B- We're not going to ship off to a lower conference without fighting to get something good, but we realize this is probably a losing battle.



  8. #8
    Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    DaddyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    14,375
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    That doesn't sound very encouraging.
    Agree.

    It's easy to read too much into words, but this has alot of "not much we can do about it."

    Particularly don't think that "optimistic" is a good substitute for "confident"



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 43,889, Level: 64
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights
    Posts
    2,281
    Points
    43,889
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 427

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    That doesn't sound very encouraging.
    Agreed. Time for JP to get on the phone with Alvarez and Geoffroy to call up the Penn St. President (who's name escapes me, but I know they were colleagues at some point)



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 76,038, Level: 85
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,460
    Points
    76,038
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 229
    Given: 394

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    That doesn't sound very encouraging.
    Didn't anybody find this encouraging, or just BS ??

    We are still optimistic that the Big 12 will remain intact and continue to be one of our nation's premier conference.......


    "We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

    -ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 63,646, Level: 78
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,204
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    5,386
    Points
    63,646
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 402
    Given: 176

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    I don't like the sound of that. Especially the part about the fate of ISU is in the hands of a few (one) fellow conference member(s).



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 79,924, Level: 87
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYVADER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cornfields
    Posts
    5,269
    Points
    79,924
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 7

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    Agreed. Time for JP to get on the phone with Alvarez and Geoffroy to call up the Penn St. President (who's name escapes me, but I know they were colleagues at some point)
    it was that time 6 months ago. you think a couple of phone calls with old colleagues is going to do us any good at this.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 61,565, Level: 76
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    DRCHIRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    2,306
    Points
    61,565
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 10

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Translation- As always, Texas calls the shots and we are at its mercy.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 132,478, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cyismydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,354
    Points
    132,478
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 12

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Site has been down since the letter went out.



  15. #15
    Recruit
    Points: 6,033, Level: 22
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Diggame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    113
    Points
    6,033
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

    Re: Letter from GG and JP

    Definitely does not give me anymore confidence.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM