Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Reading The Tea Leafs for ISU: Welcome to the MAC

If/when UT, A&M, Tech, OU, OSU, and CU leave for the expanded Pac 10 the future of ISU athletics looks very dim.

Mizzou to an expanded Big 10 is a 100% lock. NU to the Big 10 will be a lock if/when the 6 above leave for the Pac.

That leaves ISU, KU, KSU, and Baylor holding the bag. From there I think Baylor is dead in the water.

I 'HOPE' ISU, KU, and KSU stick together and join an expanded Mtn West, but there is a BIG BIG problem. The Mtn West currently has 9 teams and they will be adding Boise St in the next month making it 10. If they only expand to 12 they will take KU and KSU as a package deal leaving ISU out to dry...

That would leave ISU to join either the WAC or the MAC...

Long story short.... in two years ISU will be a member of the MAC and everything we love will be dead and buried.. RIP Iowa State!

st8

Re: Reading The Tea Leafs for ISU: Welcome to the MAC

but what if the Canadian football league invites us in? we haven't heard much from them yet and that's just their style; lay in the weeds and then at the last minute make their move. I've been thinking aboot it and it would be great!

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by AustinCyclone View Post
    If/when UT, A&M, Tech, OU, OSU, and CU leave for the expanded Pac 10 the future of ISU athletics looks very dim.

Mizzou to an expanded Big 10 is a 100% lock. NU to the Big 10 will be a lock if/when the 6 above leave for the Pac.

That leaves ISU, KU, KSU, and Baylor holding the bag. From there I think Baylor is dead in the water.

I 'HOPE' ISU, KU, and KSU stick together and join an expanded Mtn West, but there is a BIG BIG problem. The Mtn West currently has 9 teams and they will be adding Boise St in the next month making it 10. If they only expand to 12 they will take KU and KSU as a package deal leaving ISU out to dry...

Long story short.... in two years ISU will be a member of the MAC and everything we love will be dead and buried.. RIP Iowa State!
    Overreaction anyone? No way does ISU end up in the MAC. I guess mark me up as one who doesn't think ISU will turn out to bad after all is said and done.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 140
    Given: 107

Does this mean we do not need to bowl in the south end?

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,604
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

SO, you don't think that the MWC would go up to 12 or 16? Or, you don't think that if ISU, KU, KSU and Baylor invited Houston, TCU, Utah, BYU, they wouldn't join? I think that you're going a little overboard digging that hole.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 5

ISU won't end up in the MAC. ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor, and Boise create a 14 team MWC, which gets AQ Status, and maybe can push for 5 Super Conferences, instead of 4. Why does there have to be 4?

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Rookie
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

give him an inch and he will take a mile!

"Freddie knows the game," Bird said. "I'm sure he picked up a lot of stuff over the years from different people. College is different from the NBA, but I'm sure he'll do a great job."

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 5

This is a joke right? The MWC would grab ISU in a heartbeat.

“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Just last night I believe M&M were discussing the possibility of the Big 10 only going ND, Rutgers and NU. Mizzou being left at the altar.

(Might not have the schools right, but the point was Mizzou getting left out)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4

Yeah, that is a problem, everyone thinks the Mountain West wants ISU. I still think this is way down the road and not likely anyway. But there is no certainty the MWC would take ISU if they had 12.

That said, people act like ISU is this rinky dink school. ISU is a huge school, with a lot of dollars (maybe not relative to Texas, but still a large school), I think there will be a home somewhere.

Rookie
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    SO, you don't think that the MWC would go up to 12 or 16? Or, you don't think that if ISU, KU, KSU and Baylor invited Houston, TCU, Utah, BYU, they wouldn't join? I think that you're going a little overboard digging that hole.
    I hope your right as an inclusion in expanded MWC would be much better than the MAC, but in this scenario the existing teams in the MWC would carry more weight than the remaining 4 from the Big 12. I think if the MWC goes to 16 we would be in. If not...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMac View Post
    Just last night I believe M&M were discussing the possibility of the Big 10 only going ND, Rutgers and NU. Mizzou being left at the altar.

(Might not have the schools right, but the point was Mizzou getting left out)
    I still think Nebraska isn't going anywhere, they don't offer the B12 anything.

Legend
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    ISU won't end up in the MAC. ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor, and Boise create a 14 team MWC, which gets AQ Status, and maybe can push for 5 Super Conferences, instead of 4. Why does there have to be 4?

This, but it won't be the MWC, it will be the Big XII still. They will probably also add Houston and Rice to make 16 teams.

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

1. leaves
    2. Just because those teams may be invited, it doesn't mean they will accept (Don't buy into the Deace, Miller, Perrault hype yet). Everything will likely hinge on UT.
    3. Baylor is not DITW. They will likely pair up with TCU, and there is still SMU, and Houston
    4. If these super conferences do happen, and ISU is left, there will be several others in the same boat. They may not be current BCS schools, but they are good schools like Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, etc...
    5. I would hope no one loves ISU only because of the conference they play in....

Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 9

Heres my thing. I think if the Pac 10 went to 16, the Big Ten would follow suit. I think that gives us some sort of chance.

I also agree with Al. If that conference is developed, it's an AQ conference.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.