Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 33,829, Level: 56
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,489
    Points
    33,829
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 28

    The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    A long time ago in a far away depressing galaxy, the ISU FB program was betrayed by Auburn, an agent and an alleged coach.

    I said at that time revenge would be to get Tuberville in a trade. ISU got someone better in an ex-ISU assistant coach and Iowa native who's PROUD to be an ISU head coach.

    Many said revenge would be a bowl game against Auburn.

    We find out this year and next which Auburn swapped coach and staff is the best when ISU plays Texas Tech.

    Both Tuberville and Rhoads are defense minded. Tuberville is known for stout defenses and lackluster offenses and comes to a team not known for stout defense but explosive offense. Tech probably has better overall talent to start with, so it will be an uphill battle for ISU, but I've got to think if an ISU win over Auburn is revenge, than this is a prelude or an opening act at least.

    I look for an intense, hard hitting game on par with the Iowa-ISU game. And hell yes, I look forward to a victory by ISU. Are you kidding me?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 32,130, Level: 55
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 920
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowast8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,110
    Points
    32,130
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 14

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    A long time ago in a far away depressing galaxy, the ISU FB program was betrayed by Auburn, an agent and an alleged coach.

    I said at that time revenge would be to get Tuberville in a trade. ISU got someone better in an ex-ISU assistant coach and Iowa native who's PROUD to be an ISU head coach.

    Many said revenge would be a bowl game against Auburn.

    We find out this year and next which Auburn swapped coach and staff is the best when ISU plays Texas Tech.

    Both Tuberville and Rhoads are defense minded. Tuberville is known for stout defenses and lackluster offenses and comes to a team not known for stout defense but explosive offense. Tech probably has better overall talent to start with, so it will be an uphill battle for ISU, but I've got to think if an ISU win over Auburn is revenge, than this is a prelude or an opening act at least.

    I look for an intense, hard hitting game on par with the Iowa-ISU game. And hell yes, I look forward to a victory by ISU. Are you kidding me?
    Is who kidding you? You are the OP. Are you kidding yourself? I'm confused...



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 20,141, Level: 43
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    1,073
    Points
    20,141
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    10 pts for randomness.

    20 pts for excitement.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 32,130, Level: 55
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 920
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowast8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,110
    Points
    32,130
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 14

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    30 point penalty for wtf?



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 20,312, Level: 43
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Crete, NE
    Posts
    1,397
    Points
    20,312
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    It should be a good game. That would be a real nice win for ISU.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 33,829, Level: 56
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,489
    Points
    33,829
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 28

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by iowast8fan View Post
    Is who kidding you? You are the OP. Are you kidding yourself? I'm confused...
    It's a NYC standard form of communication when you expect others to disagree with your POV, you add "Are you kidding me?" at the end.

    As in:
    You didn't know that? Are you kidding me? What's the matter with you? Hey, are you from around here or what?



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 33,829, Level: 56
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,489
    Points
    33,829
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 28

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by iowast8fan View Post
    30 point penalty for wtf?
    Are you kidding me? Yeah, I'm talking to you!



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 265,181, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    13,948
    Points
    265,181
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 119

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    It's a NYC standard form of communication when you expect others to disagree with your POV, you add "Are you kidding me?" at the end.

    As in:
    You didn't know that? Are you kidding me? What's the matter with you? Hey, are you from around here or what?
    ...but you're from Texas?



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 32,130, Level: 55
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 920
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowast8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,110
    Points
    32,130
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 14

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    It's a NYC standard form of communication when you expect others to disagree with your POV, you add "Are you kidding me?" at the end.

    As in:
    You didn't know that? Are you kidding me? What's the matter with you? Hey, are you from around here or what?
    NEW YORK CITY?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSxnieYctVM]YouTube - This Stuff's Made In New York City!!! Pace Thick & Chunky[/ame]



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 33,829, Level: 56
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,489
    Points
    33,829
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 28

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    ...but you're from Texas?
    How could I be from Texas? I live in Texas, but I get around, ya know?

    What's the matter with you?



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 105,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    oldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,152
    Points
    105,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 408

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    ...but you're from Texas?
    I hear it's now a global community.


    "Just remember, what you choose to do with each day is very important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it" -ET

    "I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff in my life, but there is a definite learning curve." -CE

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 265,181, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    13,948
    Points
    265,181
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 119

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    How could I be from Texas? I live in Texas, but I get around, ya know?

    What's the matter with you?
    My mother didn't love me enough...



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,089, Level: 60
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 961
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cloneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    4,116
    Points
    38,089
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 10

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Could you explain the title part to me? What is the controversy? I would call it intriguing.


    Step 1: Cut a hole in the box.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 355,637, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,851
    Points
    355,637
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 277
    Given: 37

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Someones been in the sauce


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 33,829, Level: 56
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ShopTalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,489
    Points
    33,829
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 28

    Re: The REAL 2010 FB Controversy

    Quote Originally Posted by iowast8fan View Post
    That crap is made in El Paso. NYC has REAL illegal Mexicans making salsa up there when you can find them, but Texas has the best Mexican and Tex-Mex in the states, the above corporate crap excluded.

    You know nothing, nothing I tell you!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM