Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Wes Eikmeier update

Gotta love this kid's attitude and work ethic.

"I've been shooting every day and I'm in the weight room four times a week," he said. "I'm hitting (the weights) pretty hard because I'm trying to add some extra pounds and get bigger."
    fremonttribune.com, Fremont, Nebraska's Community Newspaper

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 283

Re: Wes Eikmeier update

He better be. He is now competing with Lucca Staiger who is now in the top 75 according to a few recruiting services. Also if Gibbs comes in he will be competing with Gibbs, Boozer, and a few others. I like that they have to compete now for there jobs. We used to be so shallow at a position you just inherited it.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I hope and pray that this young kids has not gotten himself mixed up with steroids. If he's bulking up the natural way, then I'm all for it! Does anyone know who the trainer he's working with is?

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Here is another article on Eikmeier:

Omaha.com Sports Section

"I need to add weight. That's the biggest thing," said Eikmeier, who carries 165 to 170 pounds on his 6-foot-3 frame. "I've been concentrating on 3-point shooting and my shooting in general, too. I want to just focus on improving and representing the state of Nebraska well."
    Last I'd heard he was in the 150 pound range so it's nice to see he is making progress gaining some size.

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by HeebeAchebe View Post
    I hope and pray that this young kids has not gotten himself mixed up with steroids. If he's bulking up the natural way, then I'm all for it! Does anyone know who the trainer he's working with is?
    Please tell me you're joking

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 18

lol... why would you assume he's on steroids?

Thumbs Up

Is there anything about his character to suggest he would get involved in something like this? I don't know, that comment just seemed to come out of left field.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

I just get a little worried when I hear that young kids are so worried about bulking up. I'm glad he talked about still working on his game though. I think this kid will be a stud.

Thumbs Up

It's very sad that in today's society when someone says they are "lifting weights to get bigger and add some pounds," that steroid use even enters the mind. I know it didn't enter mine when I read his quote. I think it's safe to assume his doing it the old fashioned way. Not everyone is a punk-*** cheater like Barry Bonds.

Prospect Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Good point Jperickson23, I guess I did jump the gun a little. I've been fooled in the past so I think I'm just a little bit more testy than most. Steroids is bad.

Rookie
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

From everything I've read and heard, Wes is an upstanding kid with a solid character. He'd be the absolute last kid I was suspect of doing something like that.

As a side note, I was about his size (150 lbs) in high school my senior year. The summer before college I started really hit the weights hard (no supplements or anything like that) and by the time I left for school I was up to 170 lbs. So what I'm saying is the kind of weight he's gained is not uncommon nor would suggest anything suspicious.

Starter
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I wouldn't mind one of our power forwards or centers "bulking" up like Fizer did when he was here. Fizer was a man playing with boys. He had to have been the strongest at his position in the nation. I remember when he was drafted they were saying that he was the most physically ready player in the draft.

Legend
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

I have known quite a few upstanding kids with great character to look to steroids to get an edge, most of the time it is the tweener guys looking to get to that next level, walk on to scholorship, bench to starter, college to pro. Not saying the kid is on them, because I highly doubt it, but you never know... There have been alot of articles lately about how prevelent steroids are in High School sports, especially in the midwest.

For every Barry Bonds out there there is a Tom Farmer. Farmer is a farm kid from Illinois that was playing in the Dodgers organization, never a great player, but good enough to get to AAA. With younger guys coming up, knowing the pressure was on, he looked to steroids and got caught... You never here of the guys like that because nobody cares. When I got back to school after a summer of minor league ball you would be shocked by the number of people that asked me if I knew how to get a hold of some juice...

I guess the point to my little ramble is you just never know anymore...

Legend
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 283

I hope he is on steroids. That would mean he is serious about playing at Iowa State. Might give him an attitude also.

Sarcasme

Addict
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,329
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 52

Quote Originally Posted by rd4isu View Post
    As a side note, I was about his size (150 lbs) in high school my senior year. The summer before college I started really hit the weights hard (no supplements or anything like that) and by the time I left for school I was up to 170 lbs. So what I'm saying is the kind of weight he's gained is not uncommon nor would suggest anything suspicious.
    Yeah, what ever happened to putting on weight the old fashioned way? I had no problems building my frame from 6'3/150 my senior year to 6'3 200 before I finished college. I had a rigorous plan of eating fattening foods, pounding pop/energy drinks, and inactivity. My body is my temple and I would never harm it with steroids

I had a funny story from high school on the subject of weight gain. A kid a year below me wanted to bulk up and took Creatine. Unfortunately, he thought that you just took it and it made you ripped without realizing that you had to work out too. He ended up rail thin with a fat face and it took him the better part of a year to get rid of his face fat. After seeing (and making fun of) him I decided I would never use any of that kind of stuff myself. As it turns out, 5 squares a day of pizza, pop, and chips does about the same thing more gradually anyway...who knew?

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43