View Poll Results: Who's the team to beat in the East next year when all is said and done?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavs

    6 8.11%
  • Magic

    16 21.62%
  • Hawks

    0 0%
  • Celtics

    6 8.11%
  • Heat

    8 10.81%
  • Bucks

    0 0%
  • Bobcats

    0 0%
  • Bulls

    26 35.14%
  • Raptors

    2 2.70%
  • Knicks

    5 6.76%
  • Nets

    3 4.05%
  • Other

    2 2.70%
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 275
  1. #1
    Rookie CycloneBBallMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    589
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Give your honest opinion.

    Here's mine...

    LeBron James - NYK
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - NYK
    Amare Stoudemire - MIA
    Joe Johnson - MIA
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - CHI
    David Lee - PHX
    Rudy Gay - CHI
    Shaquille O誰eal - NJN



  2. #2
    Rookie
    Points: 13,783, Level: 35
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    405
    Points
    13,783
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    LeBron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - LAL
    Amare Stoudemire - CHI
    Joe Johnson - who cares
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - MIA
    David Lee - who cares
    Rudy Gay - who cares
    Shaquille O誰eal - who cares



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 186,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,537
    Points
    186,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 480
    Given: 222

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBBallMan View Post
    Give your honest opinion.

    Here's mine...

    LeBron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - MIA
    Amare Stoudemire - ?? PNX
    Joe Johnson - CHI
    Dirk Nowitzki -
    Carlos Boozer -
    David Lee -
    Rudy Gay -
    Shaquille O誰eal - NOT a top 10 free agent IMO
    Dont really have any insight on anyone past the first 5, but I think Lebron is going to stay, but he might go to CHI. I dont think he will go anywhere else without Bosh or another high profile FA. No two guards will join the same team, they all want to be THE Man and dont want to share the ball, no matter what they say. MIA has the most cap room so they are definitely signing two FAs IMO. Also, remember players staying with their original team make more money.


    Last edited by Rhoadhoused; 06-01-2010 at 05:55 PM.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 186,768, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,537
    Points
    186,768
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 480
    Given: 222

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinCyclone View Post
    LeBron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - LAL
    Amare Stoudemire - CHI
    Joe Johnson - who cares
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - MIA
    David Lee - who cares
    Rudy Gay - who cares
    Shaquille O誰eal - who cares
    IIRC Lakers have no cap room to make any major moves. Other than that solid picks



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 89,920, Level: 93
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CylentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Posts
    3,401
    Points
    89,920
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    David Lee is one of the most underrated players in the league. He averaged 20 pts and 11 boards a game this year and he's a very good passer. Also, he's 27 and doesn't have a history of injuries.

    Bosh, Stoudemire and Boozer are going to be the most coveted big men, but when you look at productivity, health and overall ability, Lee isn't far off and is going to cost significantly less to sign than the other three. If a team doesn't have the cap space to pair up Lebron/D-Wade with Bosh/Stoudemire/Johnson/Dirk, David Lee would make an excellent compliment to a team that already has a good core group.


    "Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

    -Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 356,200, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,951
    Points
    356,200
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 43

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    LeBron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - CHI
    Chris Bosh - NYK
    Amare Stoudemire - MIA
    Joe Johnson - MIA
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - CHI
    David Lee - PHX
    Rudy Gay - ORL
    Shaquille O’Neal - NJN


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  7. #7
    Rookie CycloneBBallMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    589
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    David Lee is one of the most underrated players in the league. He averaged 20 pts and 11 boards a game this year and he's a very good passer. Also, he's 27 and doesn't have a history of injuries.

    Bosh, Stoudemire and Boozer are going to be the most coveted big men, but when you look at productivity, health and overall ability, Lee isn't far off and is going to cost significantly less to sign than the other three. If a team doesn't have the cap space to pair up Lebron/D-Wade with Bosh/Stoudemire/Johnson/Dirk, David Lee would make an excellent compliment to a team that already has a good core group.
    I think Lee's O.K. but how much did these stats have to do with the team surrounding him?



  8. #8
    Rookie CycloneBBallMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    589
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    LeBron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - CHI
    Chris Bosh - NYK
    Amare Stoudemire - MIA
    Joe Johnson - MIA
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - CHI
    David Lee - PHX
    Rudy Gay - ORL
    Shaquille O誰eal - NJN
    You must've missed this on SportsCenter
    Dwyane Wade questions how Bulls treat retired stars - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

    Basically, you guys went from a .01% chance of getting him to a 0% chance. The Chicago fans comments about this aren't helping at all either.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 89,920, Level: 93
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,330
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CylentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Posts
    3,401
    Points
    89,920
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 5

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBBallMan View Post
    I think Lee's O.K. but how much did these stats have to do with the team surrounding him?
    Well obviously in D'Antoni's system, there's going to be an inflation of statistics, but Lee has gotten better each year and he's yet to play with a great player. He doesn't have the one-on-one game that Bosh has, but he'd be a helluva threat if he wound up in Phoenix (provided Amare leaves) or if you put him with D-Wade or Lebron. I'm not saying that Lee is as skilled as Bosh, Amare or Boozer, but he can put up similar numbers and he's a much better passer and you can sign him for around 3-7 million less.


    "Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

    -Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 38,507, Level: 60
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,898
    Points
    38,507
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 4

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBBallMan View Post
    Give your honest opinion.

    Here's mine...

    LeBron James - NYK
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - NYK
    Amare Stoudemire - MIA
    Joe Johnson - MIA
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - CHI
    David Lee - PHX
    Rudy Gay - CHI
    Shaquille O誰eal - NJN
    Haha. LMAO. You make fun of Bulls fans for thinking they have a chance with Wade or Lebron ( which they do ) and then predict the Heat will get Wade, Amare, and Joe Johnson. All are max-level FA and only a handful of teams can sign two of them... much less three. The deal with Wade and Chicago and keeping players was way overblown. Which good players have the Bulls had to keep? Curry, Brand, Chandler??? None were superstars in the NBA.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 356,200, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,951
    Points
    356,200
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 43

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneBBallMan View Post
    You must've missed this on SportsCenter
    Dwyane Wade questions how Bulls treat retired stars - NBA News - FOX Sports on MSN

    Basically, you guys went from a .01% chance of getting him to a 0% chance. The Chicago fans comments about this aren't helping at all either.
    Maybe think before you type. First, I'm not a Bulls fan. Second, you expect them to get Johnson, Bosh and Wade? Please. He won't be in Miami. I could see Orlando, which would be his best option as far as winning, but not Miami.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 62,350, Level: 77
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    azn4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    3,089
    Points
    62,350
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Maybe think before you type. First, I'm not a Bulls fan. Second, you expect them to get Johnson, Bosh and Wade? Please. He won't be in Miami. I could see Orlando, which would be his best option as far as winning, but not Miami.
    Before he ups and corrects you. He thinks Johnson, Amare, and DWade.. Not sure how that happens unless Johnson or Amare signs for the midlevel.



  13. #13
    Rookie CycloneBBallMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    589
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by azn4cy View Post
    Before he ups and corrects you. He thinks Johnson, Amare, and DWade.. Not sure how that happens unless Johnson or Amare signs for the midlevel.
    Will Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson lead the Heat to glory? - Peninsula is Mightier

    Players take paycuts all the time to form championship teams (latest example- boston). Either way, Heat can sign amare and wade to max and still afford JJ, raja bell and a surrounding cast.

    Chalmers/Arroyo
    Wade/Bell
    Johnson/Wright
    Amare/JA
    Haywood/Alabi
    --------------------------
    = 2010-11 Champions

    Estimates:

    Chalmers 850k
    Arroyo Vet Min
    Wade 16 Mil (max)
    Bell Vet Min (lives in MIA, best friends with arroyo, his wife and arroyos wife also best friends, said he would absolutely love to come here and wouldn't mind paycut esp. on this championship team)
    Johnson 12 Mil (get's paid 14 mil on last contract)
    Wright 4 Mil
    Amare 17 Mil (max, said he plans to join "secret" meeting between, so far, wade lbj and johnson)
    Anthony 1 Mil
    Haywood 6 Mil
    Alabi Rookie Contract

    These numbers can be tweaked in so many ways (amare 16 mil then johnson up to 13, etc etc etc). It is all reasonable and very realistic. We can trade beasley, cook and 1st round draft pick if need be to get JJ in a sign-and trade.


    Last edited by CycloneBBallMan; 06-01-2010 at 06:59 PM.

  14. #14
    Walk On
    Points: 6,719, Level: 24
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    194
    Points
    6,719
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    I'm not saying that Lee is as skilled as Bosh, Amare or Boozer, but he can put up similar numbers and he's a much better passer and you can sign him for around 3-7 million less.
    And he's one of the 10 worst defenders in the league. I have yet to read a report from an NBA scout that likes this guy as a key piece for any team with aspirations of the playoffs.

    My random guesses:

    LeBron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - LAKERS
    Amare Stoudemire - PHX
    Joe Johnson - NYK (getting way more then he deserves)
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Carlos Boozer - CHI
    David Lee - NYK
    Rudy Gay - UTAH
    Shaquille O誰eal - MIA



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 43,503, Level: 64
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cydar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,144
    Points
    43,503
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 178
    Given: 251

    Re: Where will the Top 10 NBA Free Agents land this summer?

    I went with ESPN's NBA Free Agent Slot Machine:
    Lebron James - CLE
    Dwyane Wade - MIA
    Chris Bosh - Lakers
    Amare Stoudamire - MIA
    Dirk Nowitzki - DAL
    Joe Johnson - ATL
    Carlos Boozer - WASH
    David Lee - OKC

    NBA Free Agent Slot Machine - ESPN



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM