Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 791,806, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,181
    Points
    791,806
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 199

    Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Just got a text message from Matt Perrault, who evidentially spoke with Grant Gibbs. Grant says that he will be visiting Iowa State on Wednesday of this week. Just passing along the word.

    For those who don't know, Gibbs is a former Linn-Mar standout that went to Gonzaga out of high school. He is transferring away from the Zags and Iowa State is a potential landing spot. I've heard that Creighton and UNI are the other front runners.



  2. #2
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Good info C-Dub....thanks.



  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    408
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Rivals members can read the whole story that I did with Grant tonight:

    Creighton Bluejays basketball: TheBluejayCafe.com - Creighton basketball

    For those of you who aren't: Here's a quote about Iowa State:

    "I think with Coach Hoiberg there and staff, they have quickly made steps in the right direction.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 358,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,999
    Points
    358,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 53

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Just got a text message from Matt Perrault, who evidentially spoke with Grant Gibbs. Grant says that he will be visiting Iowa State on Wednesday of this week. Just passing along the word.

    For those who don't know, Gibbs is a former Linn-Mar standout that went to Gonzaga out of high school. He is transferring away from the Zags and Iowa State is a potential landing spot. I've heard that Creighton and UNI are the other front runners.
    When I was a mere intern, I worked with a guy who used that word in normal vocabulary. He had a plethora of combo words that he thought were actual words.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    If he visits here with Hoiberg then we have an amazing chance of grabing him


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 358,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,999
    Points
    358,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 53

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportstalkmatt View Post
    Rivals members can read the whole story that I did with Grant tonight:

    Creighton Bluejays basketball: TheBluejayCafe.com - Creighton basketball

    For those of you who aren't: Here's a quote about Iowa State:

    "I think with Coach Hoiberg there and staff, they have quickly made steps in the right direction.

    Oh sure, use CF to plug your own stuff.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  7. #7
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportstalkmatt View Post
    Rivals members can read the whole story that I did with Grant tonight:

    Creighton Bluejays basketball: TheBluejayCafe.com - Creighton basketball

    For those of you who aren't: Here's a quote about Iowa State:

    "I think with Coach Hoiberg there and staff, they have quickly made steps in the right direction.
    Not a member. Matt, has he already visited Creighton??



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 65,584, Level: 79
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 866
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    mustangcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bloomfield
    Posts
    3,131
    Points
    65,584
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 39

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    I'm kind of torn...I remember just about being as devastated at losing any recruit when Grant went to the Zags as any recruit this side of HB. But now I'm kind of wondering if another transfer is really what we should be doing. On one hand he's got a ton of talent but was never really able to either show it or prove it with the Zags. It didn't seem like fans on the Zag message boards were to bent out of shape at losing the guy. Kind of wonder if he is not another Scotty C.? Don't get me wrong I love Scotty C but I'm not sure we need another one.

    As always, I'm sure Fred and TJ are locked into what the right thing to do is...



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    408
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    Not a member. Matt, has he already visited Creighton??
    Yes, that's why I talked to him. I'm not trying to plug my stuff. No Cyclone fan is going to want to be a member of my site. Chris mentioned it and I know some of you are members of Cyclonereport....if you are - you can read the article I wrote on Grant tonight.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 13,532, Level: 35
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    La Fox, IL
    Posts
    1,207
    Points
    13,532
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    It seems like with these transfers that FH is building for the next season, and not so much this coming season. Either way, I think that this freshmen class coming in and the next one is crucial for FH's tenure as the basketball coach.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,030, Level: 97
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 1,020
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,790
    Points
    98,030
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 217
    Given: 15

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Gibbs decision will be interesting....will he choose the school that is the most successful (UNI), the school with the coach he likes (McDermott), or the school where he grew up following (Iowa State)?

    I thought for a while now that it will be UNI....we'll see.



  12. #12
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportstalkmatt View Post
    Yes, that's why I talked to him. I'm not trying to plug my stuff. No Cyclone fan is going to want to be a member of my site. Chris mentioned it and I know some of you are members of Cyclonereport....if you are - you can read the article I wrote on Grant tonight.
    Lots of people on here bag on you quite a bit but, I really like listening to you and Kenny most of the time.....FWIW. You're a helluva lot better than Murph and Andy...........I like listening to people with opinions rather than stupid BS about nothing.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 729,783, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,410
    Points
    729,783
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,274
    Given: 631

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    I'm kind of torn...I remember just about being as devastated at losing any recruit when Grant went to the Zags as any recruit this side of HB. But now I'm kind of wondering if another transfer is really what we should be doing. On one hand he's got a ton of talent but was never really able to either show it or prove it with the Zags. It didn't seem like fans on the Zag message boards were to bent out of shape at losing the guy. Kind of wonder if he is not another Scotty C.? Don't get me wrong I love Scotty C but I'm not sure we need another one.

    As always, I'm sure Fred and TJ are locked into what the right thing to do is...
    I think transfers accelerate the turnaround a bit, and D1 transfers are preferable to juco if you can get them, though you can play juco's right away.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 358,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,999
    Points
    358,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 367
    Given: 53

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by mustangcy View Post
    I'm kind of torn...I remember just about being as devastated at losing any recruit when Grant went to the Zags as any recruit this side of HB. But now I'm kind of wondering if another transfer is really what we should be doing. On one hand he's got a ton of talent but was never really able to either show it or prove it with the Zags. It didn't seem like fans on the Zag message boards were to bent out of shape at losing the guy. Kind of wonder if he is not another Scotty C.? Don't get me wrong I love Scotty C but I'm not sure we need another one.

    As always, I'm sure Fred and TJ are locked into what the right thing to do is...
    Healthy Scotty was pretty impressive this year.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 188,344, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kingcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Menlo, Iowa
    Posts
    17,501
    Points
    188,344
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 114

    Re: Grant Gibbs to visit Iowa State

    Quote Originally Posted by SCNCY View Post
    It seems like with these transfers that FH is building for the next season, and not so much this coming season. Either way, I think that this freshmen class coming in and the next one is crucial for FH's tenure as the basketball coach.
    It is getting a little late to find good players for next season. Getting transfers isnt all bad. The are practice bodies and are in the system for a year so they know they know what is going on.


    The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM