Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 22

Lineup thoughts

I was thinking about this yesterday, and here is what I thought might be a great starting lineup. Going off of what BF said about looking at running some 3 post lineups. I guess the PG and 3G are the only real question marks.

Mansfield - PG
    Bolte - 2G
    Schroll - 3G
    Poppens - P
    Prins - P

I actually was thinking that Schroll on the court with Pop running the floor, Prins being able to pull a post to the perimeter, would really open things up for fast break points. I also really like the idea of Schrolls speed and slashing ability at the 3. Having glimpsed some of her ability to bring the ball up the court quickly late last year, I think we could be in for some exciting play this year.

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Lineup thoughts

Not a bad line-up.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Mansfield - PG
    Bolte - 2G
    Schroll - 3G
    Poppens - P
    Prins - P
    This is pretty much what I had in mind. PG is up in the air (Mansfield is probably the favorite right now), and Bolte and Schroll may swap positions, although there's not much difference between 2G and 3G. Other than that, looks about right.

Starter
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I like the lineup, but I don't like having Schroll start. She was always such a great spark off the bench, and unless she somehow learns how to shoot real quick, I don't like the idea of having her start. I don't want to lose that energy booster off the bench, so I think we should keep her as the 6th Woman

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I was thinking about this yesterday, and here is what I thought might be a great starting lineup. Going off of what BF said about looking at running some 3 post lineups. I guess the PG and 3G are the only real question marks.

Mansfield - PG
    Bolte - 2G
    Schroll - 3G
    Poppens - P
    Prins - P

I actually was thinking that Schroll on the court with Pop running the floor, Prins being able to pull a post to the perimeter, would really open things up for fast break points. I also really like the idea of Schrolls speed and slashing ability at the 3. Having glimpsed some of her ability to bring the ball up the court quickly late last year, I think we could be in for some exciting play this year.
    PG-Schroll
    2G-Bolte
    3G-Christofferson
    P-Poppens
    P-Prins

Schroll is probably working right now on her ball handling and I have to believe she'll be better at it when the season starts. Not that she was horrible last year. But I think this is the position that suits her best.

PG is the position that scares me most and from what I saw of Mansfield, she has a long way to go to be the answer.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    PG-Schroll
    2G-Bolte
    3G-Christofferson
    P-Poppens
    P-Prins

Schroll is probably working right now on her ball handling and I have to believe she'll be better at it when the season starts. Not that she was horrible last year. But I think this is the position that suits her best.

PG is the position that scares me most and from what I saw of Mansfield, she has a long way to go to be the answer.
    How many of Mansfields games did you see? I watched only three but she did in those what a point guard should do. Get the ball to your bigs if they are open and if not drive to the hoop or take the jumper.

Starter
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

BF talked in one article about going big.

PG ?
    2G Bolte
    F Prins
    F Zimmerman
    F Poppens

We would give up some quickness and speed, but would cause huge problems for other teams on the offensive end and rebounding.

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kcdc4isu View Post
    How many of Mansfields games did you see? I watched only three but she did in those what a point guard should do. Get the ball to your bigs if they are open and if not drive to the hoop or take the jumper.
    I probably watched the same number you did. However, I thought a division 1A recruit should stand out more than she did, but she was just OK, IMO. A college point guard at this level should have been able to take over the game at times at the juco level, but I never saw any indication that she was capable of doing that. Again, that's just my opinion and I'm not an evaluator of talent by any means.

Also, I think Schroll has a leg up on Mansfield in that she has a year's experience in the system, knows what she needs to work on and has played at this level before. If she develops a more consistent outside shot, she could be a deadly PG.

Walk On
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

PG - Schroll, Mansfield
    2G - Harris,
    3G - Bolte, Christofferson
    F - Poppens, Zimmerman
    P - Prins, Zimmerman

Schroll - If I remember correctly she played minutes at the point at Nebraska when Lacey was out. If she gets anything of an outside shot, she's not coming off the court next season.

Harris - I got nothing to base this on other than hope that we are constantly bringing in better talent. That was the case with last seasons freshman, I hope it is again.

Christofferson - Again here this is hope that she is more of a wing than a typical post. From the few times I've seen her, she looks like she'll present big time matchup problems if she can play the wing.

All-Star
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 650
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I think you are counting out both Cole and Darcy way too soon. Hallie is no where near ready to play wing in the Big 12. Speed, toughness, ball handling are just three reasons why she plays the 4 or 5 for a year and gets her feet wet. Yes, she has the 3 pt shot but not the speed and control to drive yet. I think Bolte stays at the 3 and the 1 or 2 spots are up for grabs. When you have an unsettled lineup like we have next year, why start you best 6th man in Schroll. When she comes in she can play anywhere and can kick your team up a notch. Her value is in her versatility and her hustle. Remember Stuckey didn't start until her senior year. BF plays his main subs for a lot minutes. So you aren't wasting her as the first one off the bench.

My lineup:

Darci
    Cal. pure shooter
    Bolte
    Pop
    Prins

Bench: Schroll, Zim, Coles, Mans, Hallie ( and you have a fairly good team with the bench alone.)

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 22

I guess I don't understand the logic that Schroll should be a "sixth" woman. If she is one of the best 5, she should start. Our bench is going to have some great players on it to be a great six, seven, or eight player. My thoughts is if she develops her three to a consistent enough level, she may never leave the floor. Her athleticism is just tremendous, she is one of the few players we have ever had that can "break ankles," and she hit a 3 shot in the Green Bay game, so my guess is she has the green light to shoot the 3. I watched her in warm ups for two games, and while she wasn't as consistent as Bolte, she seemed to be hitting more than misses. Her rebounding will be much needed in the guard court with the loss of Stuckey as well. We saw Schroll as a back up in the 3 or 4 last year, but with HC coming in, got to think Z and HC will be the 4 and 5 back ups, maybe even to the three if Anna and Pop get closer to the 30+ minutes.

You know some have mentioned Schroll taking the point, and although I had never considered that, who knows, that might be an option too.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

You know some have mentioned Schroll taking the point, and although I had never considered that, who knows, that might be an option too.
    I'd love to see Schroll tried at point. It may or may not work, but she was awesome there at times in the Nebraska game. She looked a bit like Lindsey Wilson out there.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

any chance that we will land the 6-3 lady from ballard high school???
    hope we can land her next year and shut the amazon from baylor down again this coming fall.

doc

All-Star
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 650
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mred View Post
    I'd love to see Schroll tried at point. It may or may not work, but she was awesome there at times in the Nebraska game. She looked a bit like Lindsey Wilson out there.
    The one thing I like about Schroll being a point guard is her personality. Lacy had the presence on the floor to command the play and when needed to take over the game and will the team to win. It didn't hurt that most of her team were afraid of her either. I think Schroll has that aspect in her make up. If she makes it this year then thumbs up to that. If she doesn't and is the first player up and off the bench then that isn't bad either. When Lacy was a freshman she wasn't considered point guard material and nobody would have thought she would improved so much by her senior year. If Schroll works as hard as Lacy did there is a big possibility of her doing the same thing.

Walk On
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Here are my thoughts on the line up...

1. ?
    2. Bolte
    3. Hallie/Z
    4. Pop
    5. Prins

Yes, indeed my thoughts are who is going to be the point guard. Alison Lacey did so much last year, it is going to be hard to replace her. Possibly Schroll, but she will have to improve her game. She is a good player, and surprised me the first time I saw her play. I agree though she brings a good spark off the bench.

Bolte also got to become a leader. Without Lacey, there will be no leadership though I do not question Bolte. She will be good.

Whit kind of screwed us over when she transferred. I really thought she was going to "shine" this upcoming season. I thought she was special for being the only freshmen that stayed a couple years ago, but suit herself.

Now I really think Hallie could bring a presence to the floor once she gets use to d1 basketball. Yes, she has only played against tiny schools, but I think she will be good. Does anybody else.

The bench will be good too. Kelsey Harris, I hear is an awesome 3 pt shooter.

So whoever becomes the pg they got to be ready to step up and fill the empty space where "Aus" should of been. Going to miss her :(