I-80 rest area worker shot and killed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 120,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,084
    Points
    120,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 247

    I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    The suspect, pictured below, is said to have become angry because the attendant told him he'd have to put his cigarette out...





    1 Arrested In I-80 Rest Area Homicide - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 38,418, Level: 60
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    38,418
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    What an idiot.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 283,682, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,800
    Points
    283,682
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 47

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Is it really necessary to post his picture?



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 72,622, Level: 83
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Posts
    4,616
    Points
    72,622
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 307

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    How are people like that able to just be out and about?


    Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

    -acgclone

  5. #5
    st8
    Guest

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    put him down. seriously, at times like this Texas seems to have the right idea as far as justice being served goes.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 560,667, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,530
    Points
    560,667
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 200

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    put him down. seriously, at times like this Texas seems to have the right idea as far as justice being served goes.
    Except the judicial process in Texas is just a dog and pony show.

    On topic: This type of stuff is just sad and no reason for it to happen. Two lives wasted over nothing.


    Last edited by ISUAgronomist; 05-30-2010 at 08:56 PM.


  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 30,435, Level: 53
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,537
    Points
    30,435
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    The suspect, pictured below, is said to have become angry because the attendant told him he'd have to put his cigarette out...





    1 Arrested In I-80 Rest Area Homicide - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

    How do you know the guy got shot over a cigarette dispute? not in your article. not saying you are wrong, but just hard to belief. but then again, i am never surprised any more.......


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  8. #8
    st8
    Guest

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Except the judicial process in Texas is just a dog and pony show.
    look, I'm not looking to debate judiciary process, I'm just saying that someone like this who's willing to wrecklessly take the life of another person for absolutely no reason deserves to die. they're a waste of life.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 560,667, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    ISUAgronomist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in Iowa!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    21,530
    Points
    560,667
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 200

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    look, I'm not looking to debate judiciary process, I'm just saying that someone like this who's willing to wrecklessly take the life of another person for absolutely no reason deserves to die. they're a waste of life.
    Not try to debate either. Sorry if it came off that way. Life in prison without perole would fit as well.




  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 120,163, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,084
    Points
    120,163
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 247

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    How do you know the guy got shot over a cigarette dispute? not in your article. not saying you are wrong, but just hard to belief. but then again, i am never surprised any more.......
    From one of the comments on kcci.com:


    So far I know its about Jeff asked him to put out his cig when he was in the restroom. He had just texted his wife and was telling her about this man . Then he didnt text his wife back and she got worried less than 1/2 later the police showed up at her door. I bet the person that shot him was on drugs, or was hauling drugs or had a warrent out for his arrest. My husband is so upset today



    May. 30, 2010 2:37pm CDT | from ourtaxpayersmoney



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 34,001, Level: 56
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TruClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eldridge, IA
    Posts
    1,488
    Points
    34,001
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 180

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    Except the judicial process in Texas is just a dog and pony show.

    On topic: This type of stuff is just sad and no reason for it to happen. Two lives wasted over nothing.
    Yeah, I am sure the shooter was a fine, upstanding citizen. One life very much wasted, another taken off the streets, possibly saving future lives.



  12. #12
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 608,001, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,979
    Points
    608,001
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,818
    Given: 171

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    come on guys, leave the death penalty stuff out, please.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 18,408, Level: 41
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    261
    Points
    18,408
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    come on guys, leave the death penalty stuff out, please.

    WHY



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,154, Level: 90
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,396
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,628
    Points
    84,154
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 5

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    WHY
    Because he is a global moderator and will throw it in the cave. Even if it is part and parcel to this discussion, no party has been mentioned, etc. He will still toss it because he can.



  15. #15
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 266,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,418
    Points
    266,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 133

    Re: I-80 rest area worker shot and killed

    Quote Originally Posted by yoteforever View Post
    WHY
    Quote Originally Posted by cyeah View Post
    Because he is a global moderator and will throw it in the cave. Even if it is part and parcel to this discussion, no party has been mentioned, etc. He will still toss it because he can.
    Site rules are site rules. You can discus it in the cave if you want to, but not on the main board. End of Discussion.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM