Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 6

Infant Cheerleading Outfit

So the wife and I have our first child (a girl) coming in about a month or so. We've managed to purchase several Iowa State shirts, a pair of Iowa State socks, an Iowa State diaper bag, ect. but the one thing missing from the collection is a cheerleading outfit.

I have done a little looking online and have only found such an outfit in the one year old range. The wife would love to deck her out in a cheerleading outfit for the first tailgate of the year, and I told her I would turn to the Cyclone Fanatics to see if anyone knows where to get one. It would need to be in the 0-3 month range.

Thanks in advance.

Pro
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 9

Re: Infant Cheerleading Outfit

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    So the wife and I have our first child (a girl) coming in about a month or so. We've managed to purchase several Iowa State shirts, a pair of Iowa State socks, an Iowa State diaper bag, ect. but the one thing missing from the collection is a cheerleading outfit.

I have done a little looking online and have only found such an outfit in the one year old range. The wife would love to deck her out in a cheerleading outfit for the first tailgate of the year, and I told her I would turn to the Cyclone Fanatics to see if anyone knows where to get one. It would need to be in the 0-3 month range.

Thanks in advance.
    Big FYI for you: You absolutely cannot go by the age size labels for the actual age of the child. Most babies quickly outgrow baby sizes, especially the smaller ones like you mentioned. I would recommend getting nothing (and asking relatives for nothing) in the 0-3 month size. The 6-9 month would be better, and bigger sizes are even better yet because they will fit her longer. that's probably why you don't find small sizes online. For baby stuff, cost per wearing can be pretty high because they grow so fast.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ms3r4ISU View Post
    Big FYI for you: You absolutely cannot go by the age size labels for the actual age of the child. Most babies quickly outgrow baby sizes, especially the smaller ones like you mentioned. I would recommend getting nothing (and asking relatives for nothing) in the 0-3 month size. The 6-9 month would be better, and bigger sizes are even better yet because they will fit her longer. that's probably why you don't find small sizes online. For baby stuff, cost per wearing can be pretty high because they grow so fast.
    Yah, we've heard as much...but that hasn't stopped us from accumulating quite th wardrobe of clothes she will probably never wear.

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,546
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8

Agreed. I'd buy a 3-6m or 6-9m outfit, even if it's a bit big for her. Then she can also wear it for basketball!

Could you call the bookstore and see if you could order one over the phone? Or Von Maur?

My kids were chunks - they wore 0-3m clothes for, oh, maybe one week. Seriously.

Addict
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 568

I saw a little cheerleader outfit in the window at The Stadium Store in the kaleidoscope downtown. It looked more like a 1yo outfit, but they might have more.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Agreed. I'd buy a 3-6m or 6-9m outfit, even if it's a bit big for her. Then she can also wear it for basketball!

Could you call the bookstore and see if you could order one over the phone? Or Von Maur?

My kids were chunks - they wore 0-3m clothes for, oh, maybe one week. Seriously.
    Well from the sounds of it the new game-plan is to sell off all of her NB and 0-3 month clothes, which leaves alot of room in the budget for basketball season tickets and a cheerleader outfit or two.

Thanks for the advice!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 60

Well from the sounds of it the new game-plan is to sell off all of her NB and 0-3 month clothes, which leaves alot of room in the budget for basketball season tickets and a cheerleader outfit or two.

Thanks for the advice!
    A little pricey at $33, but here's one:

https://www.nmnathletics.com/sellnew...0&ITMCATID=643

EDIT: it does appear the one in the link is only 2T and bigger though.

Someone bought this for our oldest daughter's 1st b-day, she wore it for Halloween.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shaylen_3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	7397  

Last edited by CarolinaCy; 05-26-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,243
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 12

Problem solved
    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...-cigs-day.html

Pro
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 9

We just went the sweat suit route. Good thing because she didn't grow up to be a cheerleader and would have shot us if we'd have put her in such a thing when she couldn't fight back.

Starter
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 976
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

Thanks in advance.

Like my granddaughter?

"To run this drill, Everyone line up in a circle, pair up in rows of three, alphabetically"

All-Star
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

This is from Dogtown University. This has the new logo, better than the one at Cy's Locker Room. Also, 10% off for Cyclone Club Members.

Dogtown University || Kidswear

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 624
    Given: 2,529

I think there's a place over in West Des Moines called Suite Dreams (I want to say it's out by Homemakers, but I'm not sure): LINK They've got both Hawk and Cyclone gear - not sure about cheerleader outfits, but I know they have a lot of other stuff.

Congrats!

M 7/09

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 44

Thanks in advance.
    Don't know where you're at, but the Strawberry Patch at the No. Grand Mall in Ames always has a good selection, usually at pretty resonable prices. Also don't know if they have online service.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!!