Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,114
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

Kentucky Basketball: Bigger than the NCAA?

Geez i can't believe the NCAA is just standing by and not investigating Calipari and Kentucky...Im hoping that UK's admins are as smart as michigan football where they just invite the NCAA to see if they are doing anything wrong.....If the NCAA could almost give Kelvin Sampson a show cause for his repeat offenses with recruiting....John Calipari has decimated every program he's been to...UMass, Memphis, and coming soon, KENTUCKY....Right now he's making a mockery of the term student-athlete, while the ncaa stands and does nothing about it....the NCAA is just at fault for this as anyone for not doing anything about the problem....

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,256
    Given: 112

Re: Kentucky Basketball: Bigger than the NCAA?

Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    Geez i can't believe the NCAA is just standing by and not investigating Calipari and Kentucky...Im hoping that UK's admins are as smart as michigan football where they just invite the NCAA to see if they are doing anything wrong.....If the NCAA could almost give Kelvin Sampson a show cause for his repeat offenses with recruiting....John Calipari has decimated every program he's been to...UMass, Memphis, and coming soon, KENTUCKY....Right now he's making a mockery of the term student-athlete, while the ncaa stands and does nothing about it....the NCAA is just at fault for this as anyone for not doing anything about the problem....
    I guess I don't follow it too closely. What are the allegations at Kentucky? Is there reason to believe he has committed violations?

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Wow, what did he do this time to **** you off?

And if you could go ahead and provide me some proof that he has actually cheat that would be great.

I don't know if he is clean or not, but how is it his fault if a mom hires an agent for her son?

How is it his fault if a player gets someone elses scores?

Just curious...

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,114
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    Wow, what did he do this time to **** you off?

And if you could go ahead and provide me some proof that he has actually cheat that would be great.

I don't know if he is clean or not, but how is it his fault if a mom hires an agent for her son?

How is it his fault if a player gets someone elses scores?

Just curious...
    Umass: Final Four was taken away due to the illegal recruiting of Marcus Camby, then Marcus Camby also accepted money from agents while he was a student athlete at UMass....

Memphis: The banners of the Conference USA Champion and Final Four Banners are prohibited by NCAA after their appeal was turned down.....

Right now i'm just saying that Kentucky seems just as suspicious as those 2 programs were and how he "coincidentally" scoots out of town as investigators start snooping around to set up his "semi-pro team at an institution of higher learning....

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,256
    Given: 112

Umass: Final Four was taken away due to the illegal recruiting of Marcus Camby, then Marcus Camby also accepted money from agents while he was a student athlete at UMass....

Memphis: The banners of the Conference USA Champion and Final Four Banners are prohibited by NCAA after their appeal was turned down.....

Right now i'm just saying that Kentucky seems just as suspicious as those 2 programs were and how he "coincidentally" scoots out of town as investigators start snooping around to set up his "semi-pro team at an institution of higher learning....
    specifically what is so suspicious? I'm not disagreeing with you, but the NCAA isn't going to investigate Kentucky simply on a hunch, or even based on Calipari's past. There has to be some appearance of impropriety. Where is that?

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Addict
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 307
    Given: 124

If something were to have happened at Kentucky, with their past sanctions, would they get the Dealth Penalty?

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Based on every article that I can find about the situation, UMASS was penalized because Camby accepted $28,000 from an agent. With that said, the NCAA also ruled that there was nothing that UMASS should've known.

An asterisk can't ruin UMass' Final Four dream | Sporting News, The | Find Articles at BNET

UMASS does not get to claim those wins for the same basic reasons that Lucca didn't get to play and that USC may have to forfeit some wins because of reggie bush. It is illegal to play with players who have been payed. Those wins have to be forfeited.

I'm sorry, I don't like cheaters but I still don't see what Calipari did wrong in that situation.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364
    Given: 48

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    Based on every article that I can find about the situation, UMASS was penalized because Camby accepted $28,000 from an agent. With that said, the NCAA also ruled that there was nothing that UMASS should've known.

An asterisk can't ruin UMass' Final Four dream | Sporting News, The | Find Articles at BNET

UMASS does not get to claim those wins for the same basic reasons that Lucca didn't get to play and that USC may have to forfeit some wins because of reggie bush. It is illegal to play with players who have been payed. Those wins have to be forfeited.

I'm sorry, I don't like cheaters but I still don't see what Calipari did wrong in that situation.
    I completely understand your point, but I disagree. No, they can't control everything but ultimately, it falls on them. It is their job to make sure everything is on the up and up.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I completely understand your point, but I disagree. No, they can't control everything but ultimately, it falls on them. It is their job to make sure everything is on the up and up.
    Yes, but here is the thing about the OP's argument. He is saying that calipari is directly cheating. I'm just saying that he has not been actually proven as a cheater.

If you are saying that it falls on the program to make sure that things are on the up and up, then why don't people get ****** off at the Athletic Departments of UMASS and Memphis. Its their responsibility to make sure that their programs are complying.

Addict
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90

What's the NCAA supposed to do? They have no subpoena rights. They can't get bank records to see if these kids are getting money. The only way anyone gets caught is if someone talks to the NCAA. In a town like Lexington, no one is going to do that. The only way that I can see this happening is if one of these players is seen driving a way too expensive vehicle around town (see USC). It may look pretty obvious to the public that things are going on, but getting proof is a different story. This is why usually when you see recruiting violations, it's typically based on illegal contact that is easier to gather information on. No coach is going to pay players from the athletic budget, that's what boosters and slush funds are for.