Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Fantasy Baseball

    So I picked up Casey McGehee in week 2 as an undrafted free agent and all he's done since is............be 3rd in scoring for second basemen and 4th in scoring for third basemen while being eligible at both positions!!! Can this guy keep it up? Will he get traded if the Brewers don't start winning?

    On a side note......I drafted A.Hill(2B,TOR) in the second or third round and he sucks so far.....and R.Zimmerman(3B,WASH) who has been good when healthy but can't seem to stay on the field sometimes. Should I just drop Hill or see what happens or try to trade him?????



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,868, Level: 83
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,282
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Posts
    4,542
    Points
    71,868
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 156

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    So I picked up Casey McGehee in week 2 as an undrafted free agent and all he's done since is............be 3rd in scoring for second basemen and 4th in scoring for third basemen while being eligible at both positions!!! Can this guy keep it up? Will he get traded if the Brewers don't start winning?

    On a side note......I drafted A.Hill(2B,TOR) in the second or third round and he sucks so far.....and R.Zimmerman(3B,WASH) who has been good when healthy but can't seem to stay on the field sometimes. Should I just drop Hill or see what happens or try to trade him?????
    I got rid of Hill. I don't know how it's gonna work out, but I couldn't stand having him on my team anymore.


    Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

    -acgclone

  3. #3
    Mariner Moose
    Points: 60,219, Level: 76
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,431
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    3,307
    Points
    60,219
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 575

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    I'd hold on to both of those guys. They're bound to get their numbers up, and they'll have to go on a pretty solid tear, in both cases, to do so. Jason Bay is doing the same thing right now for my team.

    My pleasant surprises this season have been Cody Ross (OF, FL) and Freese (3B, StL).

    Also, your Aaron Hill question reminded me of my own Blue Jay conundrum: I'm trying to decide on Adam Lind. I think he could fetch some pretty good value on the trade market, but I'm not completely sold on getting rid of him, either.


    Last edited by no2cyclones; 05-24-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Adam Lind question

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    What style of fantasy baseball do you guys play? Head to head?




  5. #5
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by no2cyclones View Post
    I'd hold on to both of those guys. They're bound to get their numbers up, and they'll have to go on a pretty solid tear, in both cases, to do so. Jason Bay is doing the same thing right now for my team.

    My pleasant surprises this season have been Cody Ross (OF, FL) and Freese (3B, StL).

    Also, your Aaron Hill question reminded me of my own Blue Jay conundrum: I'm trying to decide on Adam Lind. I think he could fetch some pretty good value on the trade market, but I'm not completely sold on getting rid of him, either.
    I had Lind as well but dropped him about a week and a half ago and nobody has picked him up since......I still have him on my "scout team" but he's not really doing any better yet. I have Werth, Rios, Bay, and Garrett Jones to make up for him??!!



  6. #6
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    What style of fantasy baseball do you guys play? Head to head?
    Yes.....haven't tried Roto yet.



  7. #7
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Still 5-2 right now thanks to my pitching.......Haren,Hudson,Jimenez,Oswalt,Marmol,Saunders,Pelphrey....etc.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    Yes.....haven't tried Roto yet.
    I've played both. I prefer roto. I too landed McGehee around week 2. For the first time ever, I had the #1 overall pick, but I missed the live draft. Ended up taking Pujols when I think I should have taken Mauer to secure my catcher position. Here's what I have right now:

    C: Miguel Olivo
    1B: Albert Pujols
    2B: Casey McGehee
    3B: Chase Headley
    SS: Cristian Guzmán
    OF: Vernon Wells
    OF: Jason Heyward
    OF: Matt Holiday
    Util: Denard Span
    Util: Justin Morneau
    BN: Jacoby Ellsbury

    SP: Johan Santana
    SP: Josh Johnson
    RP: Mariano Rivera
    RP: Brian Wilson
    P: Jonathan Papelbon
    P: Jonathan Sánchez
    P: Shaun Marcum
    BN: Jon Rauch
    BN: Francisco Liriano
    BN: Stephen Strasburg




  9. #9
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    I've played both. I prefer roto. I too landed McGehee around week 2. For the first time ever, I had the #1 overall pick, but I missed the live draft. Ended up taking Pujols when I think I should have taken Mauer to secure my catcher position. Here's what I have right now:

    C: Miguel Olivo
    1B: Albert Pujols
    2B: Casey McGehee
    3B: Chase Headley
    SS: Cristian Guzmán
    OF: Vernon Wells
    OF: Jason Heyward
    OF: Matt Holiday
    Util: Denard Span
    Util: Justin Morneau
    BN: Jacoby Ellsbury

    SP: Johan Santana
    SP: Josh Johnson
    RP: Mariano Rivera
    RP: Brian Wilson
    P: Jonathan Papelbon
    P: Jonathan Sánchez
    P: Shaun Marcum
    BN: Jon Rauch
    BN: Francisco Liriano
    BN: Stephen Strasburg
    Pretty solid, I have......

    1B J.Morneau
    2B C.McGehee
    SS A.Gonzalez
    3B R.Zimmerman
    C R.Doumit
    OF J.Werth
    OF A.Rios
    OF J.Bay
    U P.Fielder

    SP D.Haren
    SP T.Hudson
    SP U.Jimenez
    SP R.Oswalt
    SP A.Sanchez
    RP C.Marmol
    RP J.Papelbon

    Bench.....
    2B A.Hill
    OF-1B G.Jones
    SP J.Cueto
    SP M.Pelphrey
    SP J.Saunders



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    My starting pitchers aren't getting wins though. Sánchez has two 1-0 losses this year followed by a 3-0 loss.




  11. #11
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    My starting pitchers aren't getting wins though. Sánchez has two 1-0 losses this year followed by a 3-0 loss.
    My league gives 3 points for a "quality start"...... 6 innings of 3 or fewer earned runs.

    Same for Oswalt though!!


    Last edited by RhoadsRage; 05-24-2010 at 11:12 PM.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    My league gives 3 points for a "quality start"...... 6 innings of 3 or fewer earned runs.
    Yeah, in roto you get the win or nada.




  13. #13
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    Yeah, in roto you get the win or nada.
    I probably wouldn't do so good in that then!!



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 121,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,696
    Points
    121,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 146

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    I probably wouldn't do so good in that then!!
    Consider this your official invitation to be part of my league next season!




  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 128,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    5,712
    Points
    128,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 87

    Re: Fantasy Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    Yes.....haven't tried Roto yet.
    Roto is the only way to go in fantasy baseball.


    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM