Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 42

NCAA Wrestling 2010

Who on here would buy/support a college wrestling game? I have always thought it could be a great game and a lot of fun. However, I have heard numerous critics against the making of such a game.

1. Not enough consumers.

2. Too complex of a sport. Too many controls and body positions for the controller.

I don't buy into either of those supposedly glaring issues. For one, wrestling, despite not being a world wide craze, is very popular in Iowa, new york, ohio, oklahoma, illinois, minnesota, california.. etc. Wrestling is also popular worldwide.

I would also say it rivals popularity of tennis, golf, UFC, college baseball, track and field, etc. and all of those sports have at least one game made.

The controls could be done very easily. I can easily go into detail as how I would lay out the controller scheme if yall are interested. If they can make UFC controls and 250 different stunt combinations for a dirt bike game-- they will have no problem making 100 wrestling moves-- or even 25-50 is all they really need for game #1.

I just wish there was a game like this out there. There has to be as much demand for a game like this than just another action/adventure game every single computer programmer makes while in training. There are literally hundreds of those games out there- but no wrestling games whatsoever.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

Re: NCAA Wrestling 2010

I have to imagine if college baseball games like MVP Baseball had so much trouble selling, college wrestling would bomb.

Legend
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 796

I could see something like a 360Arcade game, but not sure a major publisher would go after a full release.

Addict
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158

I don't think that the controls would ever work well enough to make it fun. Even with the Wii I think it would be too complex to really seem at all realistic.

Addict
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,033
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 250
    Given: 42

there are 9 buttons on a ps3/360 controller. say there's 81 two-button combinations.

That means 81 possible moves for on the feet. 81 possible moves for on top and 81 on bottom. That does not mean they need to utilize them all. Nor does it mean you have to use them all if they are all programed into the game.

Im curious if anyone on here likes to play the UFC games? I know quite a few people who play them and love them. The wrestling game could be incredibly similar.

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    I have to imagine if college baseball games like MVP Baseball had so much trouble selling, college wrestling would bomb.
    Here is your answer.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,210
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    there are 9 buttons on a ps3/360 controller. say there's 81 two-button combinations.

That means 81 possible moves for on the feet. 81 possible moves for on top and 81 on bottom. That does not mean they need to utilize them all. Nor does it mean you have to use them all if they are all programed into the game.

Im curious if anyone on here likes to play the UFC games? I know quite a few people who play them and love them. The wrestling game could be incredibly similar.

UFC Unleashed 2009 is a great game. I don't play a lot of video games but I am hooked to that one. You could make wrestling work, but there is no way it is going to sell. I would buy it.

I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post

actually that would be 36 2-button combinations 8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Quote Originally Posted by jahfg View Post
    UFC Unleashed 2009 is a great game. I don't play a lot of video games but I am hooked to that one. You could make wrestling work, but there is no way it is going to sell. I would buy it.
    I think the big difference in UFC n wrestling is there really isn't any stand up in wrestling which I think is a big part of the UFC game
    not saying I wouldn't buy but would prob hurt the game

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    I think the big difference in UFC n wrestling is there really isn't any stand up in wrestling which I think is a big part of the UFC game
    not saying I wouldn't buy but would prob hurt the game
    Wrestling has a huge stand up game, stand up is the biggest part of wrestling, also i think an ncaa wrestling game would be awesome or even a world freestyle wrestling game with big name american wrestlers, that would sell greatly worldwide especially in places like russia and eastern europe where wrestling is a huge sport and for some one to say there is no demand for a game like this would have to be crazy the only problem is finding a game system that is commonly used overseas (idk whether people there use xboxes and ps3s?)

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 4

Huge problem with this idea is that there are no stars with mass appeal. Madden, NCAA Football, UFC, etc., they all have ultra megastars that have huge appeal to kids and grown ups alike. People love being able to take control of players like Manning, Brady, Peterson, Silva, Hendo, Lesnar, etc. Even with college football, you can upload the real names of the players even though the games don't come on the game, because those college players have thousands of fans. Nobody knows college wrestlers outside a fraction of people in the midwest, rust belt, and east coast. A huge part of the success of sports games is the stars they feature and a college wrestling would lack that in a big, big way.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The huge problem with this idea is that we can't even have a college basketball game, why would we end up getting college wrestling when basketball is a lot more popular?

Dear Lord, please let there be a 2K college hoops game sometime soon.