Thread: Blake Hoffarber

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Blake Hoffarber

I was just looking through the MBB Rectruiting page and I noticed that Blake Hoffarber is on the "Moderately interested" list. You may not recognize this name, and I didnt at first either, but he is the kid who won an ESPY for his shot from is butt in the Minnesota 4A State championship to send the game to OT. I'm not sure about his game other than that shot, so I am wondering if this kid is a name because of his ESPY or because he is a legit prospect? What are our chances of getting him? Do we want him?

God Bless America

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clone33 View Post
    I was just looking through the MBB Rectruiting page and I noticed that Blake Hoffarber is on the "Moderately interested" list. You may not recognize this name, and I didnt at first either, but he is the kid who won an ESPY for his shot from is butt in the Minnesota 4A State championship to send the game to OT. I'm not sure about his game other than that shot, so I am wondering if this kid is a name because of his ESPY or because he is a legit prospect? What are our chances of getting him? Do we want him?
    At first I was thinking of that autistic kid that went ape-sh#t and drained around nine 3-pointers in 2 minutes.

Duke Kahanamoku

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I mentioned him a long time ago when McD got the job. He is a 6"5 inch shooting guard. I would take him in a second.. He shoots left handed so he is difficult to deal with. Mcd was just out in Vegas taking a look at him and some of our other recruits. He told Van that he wanted him. I think he is our backup to P'Allan if he don't want the scholly. He might also be able to jump on that Scholly and take it away from Stinnett..

Clones Rule

Addict
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Van coleman mentioned Blake during one of the summaries from Vegas I've been posting. He had a good game one of the days.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Starter
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Actually, Hoffarber has been listed on CN Scout as med. interest in ISU since May. Also, ranked as zero stars. But he has been getting more interest from other schools lately, and might be another "sleeper."

Addict
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Here is a quote from Van Coleman on Day Two of the Big Time Tourney in Vegas:

Blake Hoffarber, 6-5 wing has had 22 and 17 in his first two outings and is stroking it hitting 3-threes in the game that is playing in front of us as I write this. He is a good passer with unlimited range on his jumper. He's shown an ability to create his shot in Vegas.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

I'd Love Hoffarber

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgeezer View Post
    Actually, Hoffarber has been listed on CN Scout as med. interest in ISU since May. Also, ranked as zero stars. But he has been getting more interest from other schools lately, and might be another "sleeper."
    I'm not sure what you mean by sleeper. He may have zero stars on Scout, but that does not reflect his ability. Just look at the schools recruiting him.

This guy sounds like a great jump shooter- in the Jake Sullivan mold and since he's taller can get his shot off easier. I'd take both Stinnett and Hoffarber if it came down to it- a team can never have enough quality jump shooters.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I read

he is a taller version of a Sully type player. The big question mark is his athletic ability. Can he play D on the wing? Sounds like he has a slightly better shooting touch the Jon Leuer. Not athletic enough (yes, I know, I have NEVER seen him play) to play point is what some say, but being 6'5" if true should mean he doesn't get abused inside like Jake could be. I don't think we would take him and Stinnet, as I thought the idea was to get a combo and a PG.

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

Can Never Have Enough Guards

Quote Originally Posted by johnsonjj View Post
    I don't think we would take him and Stinnet, as I thought the idea was to get a combo and a PG.
    We need talent at this point. It seems like G-Mac did a great job this spring and it appears we could have a nice class sign this fall. However, this is a team that didn't make the NCAA Tourney last season and G-Mac needs talent.

I could easily see a 4 man recruiting class of Brackens, PG, Stinnett & Hoffarber. It seems like we are set at SF with Clark & W. Johnson. But with the popularity of 3 guard offenses we could play Stinnett & Hoffarber at the same time at the SG & SF positions, so I don't think we would take one and turn away the other.