Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 14,737, Level: 36
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Polk County
    Posts
    1,137
    Points
    14,737
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

    Does anyone know ????

    when the new kids usually show up and if the pick up games in the practice center are open to the public? I seemed to remember that Poppens and Schroll showed up shortly after their graduations last summer.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 34,304, Level: 57
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,146
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    fccy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Forest City
    Posts
    3,419
    Points
    34,304
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 262

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    when the new kids usually show up and if the pick up games in the practice center are open to the public? I seemed to remember that Poppens and Schroll showed up shortly after their graduations last summer.
    Generally, the new kids show up for orientation/summer session that starts in early June.

    The practice facility is not open to the public, IIRC. However, with a big enough donation to the athletic dept, you might be able to ask for a tour.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 78,442, Level: 87
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,407
    Points
    78,442
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 18

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    when the new kids usually show up and if the pick up games in the practice center are open to the public? I seemed to remember that Poppens and Schroll showed up shortly after their graduations last summer.
    They will be coming to a city near you. You can watch for about $60.




  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 14,737, Level: 36
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Polk County
    Posts
    1,137
    Points
    14,737
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by fccy View Post
    Generally, the new kids show up for orientation/summer session that starts in early June.

    The practice facility is not open to the public, IIRC. However, with a big enough donation to the athletic dept, you might be able to ask for a tour.
    Thanks... I will wait for updates from the inner circle.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 14,737, Level: 36
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Polk County
    Posts
    1,137
    Points
    14,737
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    They will be coming to a city near you. You can watch for about $60.

    ya right... they have to be in their 40's by now.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 78,442, Level: 87
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,407
    Points
    78,442
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 18

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by 907CY View Post
    ya right... they have to be in their 40's by now.

    Who knows, they are lame either way.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 25,212, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BenEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Lincoln, Ne
    Posts
    1,827
    Points
    25,212
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by fccy View Post
    The practice facility is not open to the public, IIRC. However, with a big enough donation to the athletic dept, you might be able to ask for a tour.
    I don't know about generalities, but, on Monday of the NCAA tournament, my bride and I, big fans, but not big donors, showed up at the Sukup Basketball Complex and got a tour. There were no WBB players present, I think they had practiced at Hilton and Greenbay was scheduled to practice later in the day on the men's side. My sense is that the athletic department is more open than some think.


    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 42,229, Level: 63
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    42,229
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    I don't know about generalities, but, on Monday of the NCAA tournament, my bride and I, big fans, but not big donors, showed up at the Sukup Basketball Complex and got a tour. There were no WBB players present, I think they had practiced at Hilton and Greenbay was scheduled to practice later in the day on the men's side. My sense is that the athletic department is more open than some think.
    Tornado Man can probably answer this question best. I know he has watched some practices. I would probably PM him.



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 3,482, Level: 17
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    170
    Points
    3,482
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Does anyone know ????

    At the monthly coach's talk, BF often says just call his secretary if you would like to come to practice. But he says that during the season, so I'm not sure how it works during the off-season. But she is the place to start.

    Seems like a good idea to have a monthly open practice/pick-up that is announced and people bring a donation for the food bank or something...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM