Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 8

Non-AQ Revenue Sharing

Here's an article on ESPN's blog about how all the non automatic qualifying conferences share the money from BCS games. Is it just me or is this crazy? I'm all for money being distributed for the greater good of one conference, but if Boise gets $20M for going to a BCS game but only sees a portion of it. Anyway, not a huge issue I just thought it was interesting with all the conference expansion and revenue sharing talk going on.

BCS responds to Hatch, revenue sharing - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN

Pro
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 7

Re: Non-AQ Revenue Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJames View Post
    Here's an article on ESPN's blog about how all the non automatic qualifying conferences share the money from BCS games. Is it just me or is this crazy? I'm all for money being distributed for the greater good of one conference, but if Boise gets $20M for going to a BCS game but only sees a portion of it. Anyway, not a huge issue I just thought it was interesting with all the conference expansion and revenue sharing talk going on.

BCS responds to Hatch, revenue sharing - College Football Nation Blog - ESPN
    If you think this is unfair, then you have to be completely against the Big Ten plan and even the Big 12's current form of sharing. Texas brings in the majority of the money for our conference, yet the lesser accomplished schools like ISU still get a big cut of it.

Starter
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 8

Re: Non-AQ Revenue Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by iowast8fan View Post
    If you think this is unfair, then you have to be completely against the Big Ten plan and even the Big 12's current form of sharing. Texas brings in the majority of the money for our conference, yet the lesser accomplished schools like ISU still get a big cut of it.
    I am not against revenue sharing for A conference. However, sharing revenue between multiple conferences is completely different. If Boise State makes a BCS bowl game why should Louisiana-Lafayette get more money?