Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

Poor Washington...

How mad would you be if you were a University of Washington fan. Two of their commits switched to Kentucky. It is a shame that guys like Calipari aren't booted by the NCAA.

Kentucky adds No. 9 player Terrence Jones to recruiting class - ESPN

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 399

Re: Poor Washington...

Quote Originally Posted by mt85 View Post
    How mad would you be if you were a University of Washington fan. Two of their commits switched to Kentucky. It is a shame that guys like Calipari aren't booted by the NCAA.

Kentucky adds No. 9 player Terrence Jones to recruiting class - ESPN
    Cal has a seat reserved in hell. I hope Kentucky is ranked #1 all year and loses in round 2 of the tournament.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

you have to like that recruiting class that he has though.

Numbers 3, 6, 13, 21 and 33

Plus a 6'11'' Juco Center.

Man he knows (whether its right or wrong) how to reload a team. people may not like him, but there would be dancing in the streets if ISU had that class coming in.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post

Man he knows (whether its right or wrong) how to reload a team. people may not like him, but there would be dancing in the streets if ISU had that class coming in.
    IF ISU hired John Calipari, I would no longer be a fan. There is a huge difference between suspicion and fact. He has left two schools with punishment for violation and continues to coach. I think the NCAA has dropped the ball on this and really needs to take a look at why someone who was involved with illegal activities while at two different schools is still able to coach.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

The best class money could buy.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    IF ISU hired John Calipari, I would no longer be a fan. There is a huge difference between suspicion and fact. He has left two schools with punishment for violation and continues to coach. I think the NCAA has dropped the ball on this and really needs to take a look at why someone who was involved with illegal activities while at two different schools is still able to coach.

Has he been convicted of anything??? so far through both schools (UMASS and Memphis) the investigations haven't found anything that would cause him to be punished. They have done thorough investigations (I don't know why either of those schools would get preferential treatment) and haven't given him any sanctions.

Or as a society have we gone to a guilty until you go away type attitude.

And yes, they can apply sanctions to a coach even if he isn't at the school. Ask Kelvin Sampson.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 296

Cal is what makes college basketball look bad.

We ran his offense the last four years: dribble-drive motion offense, except for the drive and the motion/emotion.

Last edited by Wesley; 05-20-2010 at 08:15 AM.
    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68

Has he been convicted of anything??? so far through both schools (UMASS and Memphis) the investigations haven't found anything that would cause him to be punished. They have done thorough investigations (I don't know why either of those schools would get preferential treatment) and haven't given him any sanctions.

Or as a society have we gone to a guilty until you go away type attitude.

And yes, they can apply sanctions to a coach even if he isn't at the school. Ask Kelvin Sampson.
    It's really hard to convict any college coach. Since the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power, there is no incentive to talk to them. Unless a coach really pisses a player off you will never hear about a player taking money. I think the easiest way to prove it is to look at the cars that these players drive around. If they show up in a Kia hatchback then they are probably on the up and up. If they show up in a nice new Escalade, then it's pretty easy to make that assumption. A couple of years ago ESPN did a story on an Arkansas RB's car that was all tricked out with Razorback stuff. spinning rims, chrome, etc. What they never asked in the story was how he was able to afford it. Unless someone comes to the NCAA with evidence they really can't do anything about it.

And to say that Caliparri has never been convicted is true, his assistants have. Since he brought those assistants in, isn't that still his fault?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    And to say that Caliparri has never been convicted is true, his assistants have. Since he brought those assistants in, isn't that still his fault?
    Plausible deniability fits here unfortunately.

Recruit
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

And when this class bolts early for the NBA next year, he'll have insurance already. He already has commitments from the #1 AND #2 players in the 2011 class (according to Rivals).

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

For all of you who hate Coach Cal and what he does, do you also consider the kids who he is recruiting. His top two commitments (Jones and Brandon Knight) are not completely committed to the school.

Both of them only signed financial aid agreements not letters of intent. This is basically as solid as a weak verbal commitment. These kids can switch schools at any point between now and when they enroll at UK. To me thats pretty shady. They will say that they are doing it to protect their interests, but what ever happened to a kid being committed to the school?

I think that the kids that make you think Coach Cal is doing something shady had people around them well before Cal came along that made them shady. There is nothing worse in basketball recruiting than AAU coaches in my opinion.

Either way, if Cal leaves UK to go coach Lebron, you can guarantee that Jones will not be going there. He will go somewhere else that will pamper him and allow him to not go to any classes. Every program does it if they have a chance at one of the best players.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

For all of you who hate Coach Cal and what he does, do you also consider the kids who he is recruiting. His top two commitments (Jones and Brandon Knight) are not completely committed to the school.

Both of them only signed financial aid agreements not letters of intent. This is basically as solid as a weak verbal commitment. These kids can switch schools at any point between now and when they enroll at UK. To me thats pretty shady. They will say that they are doing it to protect their interests, but what ever happened to a kid being committed to the school?

I think that the kids that make you think Coach Cal is doing something shady had people around them well before Cal came along that made them shady. There is nothing worse in basketball recruiting than AAU coaches in my opinion.

Either way, if Cal leaves UK to go coach Lebron, you can guarantee that Jones will not be going there. He will go somewhere else that will pamper him and allow him to not go to any classes. Every program does it if they have a chance at one of the best players.
    His top recruit is Katner. A big center who will dominate for them and was also a decommit from Washington.

Cal's a cheater. Plain and simple. Colin Cowherd said it best on the radio. Athletes that use steroids and are caught, always come out and say they didn't do it. Some naive fans buy into that. Has there ever been a time where a year later we found out the report was wrong? No. So the fans that believe the player are 0 and 26,000. Same goes for people that think coaches like John Calipari aren't cheating. Has there ever been a time where something sketchy hasn't come out to show you he is?

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Cal has a seat reserved in hell. I hope Kentucky is ranked #1 all year and loses in round 2 of the tournament.
    Yes, lose to us!

Go Clones!!
    Gig 'em Aggies!!
    Saw 'em off!!

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    His top recruit is Katner. A big center who will dominate for them and was also a decommit from Washington.

Cal's a cheater. Plain and simple. Colin Cowherd said it best on the radio. Athletes that use steroids and are caught, always come out and say they didn't do it. Some naive fans buy into that. Has there ever been a time where a year later we found out the report was wrong? No. So the fans that believe the player are 0 and 26,000. Same goes for people that think coaches like John Calipari aren't cheating. Has there ever been a time where something sketchy hasn't come out to show you he is?
    I agree that he is sketchy, but I am trying to be an opposing viewpoint here.

I think that most top recruits are surrounded by shady people already. Whether there is a cousin who is already talking to agents or otherwise, recruiting is a dirty business. Seeing almost everyone in the business is dirty I tend to go on a premise of unless they have been caught and had sanctions against them they are still "clean".

Coach Cal is shady I will admit that. But what about Tim Floyd. Would you say that he is shady as well? He had a player get paid to come to USC. It may not have been him doing it, but by most peoples standards that makes him a dirty coach.

How about the guy who a lot of people wanted to come here to coach Gillispie. A lot of people where convinced that someone at UK had tampered with Wes Johnson yet most people wanted him here. So whether or not it was him who did it, would Billy be a dirty coach?

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I agree that he is sketchy, but I am trying to be an opposing viewpoint here.

I think that most top recruits are surrounded by shady people already. Whether there is a cousin who is already talking to agents or otherwise, recruiting is a dirty business. Seeing almost everyone in the business is dirty I tend to go on a premise of unless they have been caught and had sanctions against them they are still "clean".

Coach Cal is shady I will admit that. But what about Tim Floyd. Would you say that he is shady as well? He had a player get paid to come to USC. It may not have been him doing it, but by most peoples standards that makes him a dirty coach.

How about the guy who a lot of people wanted to come here to coach Gillispie. A lot of people where convinced that someone at UK had tampered with Wes Johnson yet most people wanted him here. So whether or not it was him who did it, would Billy be a dirty coach?
    Tim Floyd has always been shady.

By the way your avatar makes me laugh every time you post