Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Marty and Miller

I am never afraid to state when I am clearly in the wrong.

Prior to their return to DSM radio a month back...no one was more verbally outspoken against these two than I....even had a couple of back and forth's with Miller on this website.

I couldn't have been more wrong. Their daily discussions and guest have been more than fair to ISU and it's fans..in fact, the shows have been terrific in my opinion. Does Marty get a little wacky and yell a lot?.....sure. Does Miller come across as pessimistic at times?...sometimes. But the one quality they both have in spades is the ability to entertain.

I stand corrected...and KXNO has gained a listener.

now let me get back to Rosario...

Last edited by monkeybrow; 08-03-2006 at 08:09 AM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208
    I agree for the most part. Marty still annoys the hell out of me and likes to take digs at the Cyclone fans - mostly those of us on the message boards. The only negative think I can say about Miller was that thread he started just before he and Marty took over the afternoon slot. It was a "peace" thread but he didn't treat it that way at all. Since then though, nothing negative has been posted from him. I appreciate that!

As a whole, the program has exceeded my expectations.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I agree, I had not listened to any of the new lineup on KXNO prior to their debuts, but I wasn't expecting much from what i had heard on this site and others. but I was an immeadiate listener to The Jon Miler show. It took a little longer for me to get used to M&M but I comend them for being fair. I listen and will continue to do so.

God Bless America

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,395
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 97
    I also agree that they have been better then originally expected. The only thing that really turns me off at times is when Marty starts his whiny yelling either at a caller or in some attempt to justify his argument. When he does that, it gives me the same feeling as fingernails scratching a chalkboard.
    Other then that, they have been fair......

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    The only negative think I can say about Miller was that thread he started just before he and Marty took over the afternoon slot. It was a "peace" thread but he didn't treat it that way at all. Since then though, nothing negative has been posted from him. I appreciate that!
    It may have just come across as being rude too. That happens all the time to me on instant messenger with friends because you can't hear the tone of their voice. Just the other day I was talking with a girl and she asked "hey, have you talked to Mary recently?" and I asked, "why?" as in why, what's wrong or what happened? because it sounded like something bad happened. And she said, "whoa! freak out". thinking I was being snappy with her like it's none of her business or something. Eitherway... this is both an example of misunderstanding what someone says on the internet and an example of why I will never understand women.

Back to the orriginal post... that's really cool to hear that they have taken us seriously and want ISU fans as listeners!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    I have very scarcely listened to any KXNO since Deace left, and I made it a point to listen to Deace as much as a possible. I hear WHO mostly now, as I've followed Deace over.

I flip to KXNO sometimes during commercials on WHO (because they are terribly long) and they just can't keep my attention. Jon Miller's "Bob Ross" voice lulls me to sleep, and if I wanted to hear people yelling about national sports, I would listen to Kornheiser and Wilbon on ESPN. It's good to hear that they are doing a good job covering both teams, it's just too bad they aren't compelling enough to keep me as a listener.

Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    The Pollard interview was the first time that I listened to Marty & Miller since I normally listen to Deace. After the job they did Wend., I may listen to their audio stream more often.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    [quote=BryceC;8593]I have very scarcely listened to any KXNO since Deace left, and I made it a point to listen to Deace as much as a possible. I hear WHO mostly now, as I've followed Deace over.

I flip to KXNO sometimes during commercials on WHO (because they are terribly long) and they just can't keep my attention. Jon Miller's "Bob Ross" voice lulls me to sleep, and if I wanted to hear people yelling about national sports, I would listen to Kornheiser and Wilbon on ESPN. It's good to hear that they are doing a good job covering both teams, it's just too bad they aren't compelling enough to keep me as a listener.[/quote]

I really was partial to Deace during his KXNO tenure...now it is very tedious to listen to him on the "blowtorch"....every single conversastion has to come back to the lord almighty (not that there's anything wrong with that) too much as far as my taste run...he is entertaining however....never boring.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Does Marty really have to say "how 'bout that?" after every interview question?? I may be the only one but that is really annoying to me. Also, the fact that Marty in on the east coast and Miller is here in DM causes them to talk over each other quite often. This is also annoying. I don't really hate these guys but they can't hold Deace's jock strap on their best day. The only reason I have listened is because there is no local sports competition during that time slot. If there was I most likely wouldn't.

Rookie
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I assumed that they were both in Des Moines. I won't despute that they deffinatly don't come across as good as other host, especially Deace. That does not take away from the excellent interview they gave to JP.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Addict
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 943
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Personally, I would never want to hold Deace's jock strap. I don't want to even be in the same building as his jock strap.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,395
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 97
    Quote Originally Posted by jperickson23 View Post
    Does Marty really have to say "how 'bout that?" after every interview question?? I may be the only one but that is really annoying to me. Also, the fact that Marty in on the east coast and Miller is here in DM causes them to talk over each other quite often. This is also annoying. I don't really hate these guys but they can't hold Deace's jock strap on their best day. The only reason I have listened is because there is no local sports competition during that time slot. If there was I most likely wouldn't.
    I have to agree with you that them not being in the same room affects the quality of their show. There has been a couple times in the past couple shows where they talk over each other, both stop to let the other speak, then talk over each other causing some awkward moments. It never affected my opinion too much but I can definitely see how it could frustrate a listener now and then......

This is the first time I have heard them, since before Sep 05 I was out of range for KXNO, but I have definitely been pleased with their show for the most part since I was expecting a lot worse hearing all the opinions of them on their past shows before replacing Deace. I definitely enjoyed Deace a lot more doing sports talk instead of Political stuff, but I guess that floats his boat so good for him.;)