Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Big XII will remain.

Consider our sources for all the hoopla about the Big 12 falling apart.

Miller & Deace bleed Big 10, Jon Miller always wants to paint the worst picture possible for ISU fans to glorify the Black & Gold.
    Meanwhile in the afternoon, you've got a guy who hates Jamie Pollard. He throws Pollard under the bus any chance he gets, he bashes the Hoiberg hire, paints a doom & gloom message all the time. Now he's ranting about joining the Mountain West. Too support his push, he pulls all kind of stories out of you know where…..Ku/K-State & CU to the Pac 10.
    It's not going to happen.

The big 10 might lure Mizzou away, but Mizzou is really no loss to the Big 12. We'll still have a hold on the Missouri market with K-State/KU & us bordering the state. The big 12 will be able to find another team to replace them if needed. Think a Mountain West/Conference USA/Big East Team.

IMO, if the Big 10 takes Nebraska, then we should be able to win the North each & every year. So I'm okay with Nebraska leaving as it's a win/win for ISU, if they stay then it gives us something to strive for. Texas isn't going anywhere, but if they did, then the Big 12 would welcome TCU or someone else to keep the South intact. The Big 12 is and alway will be a BCS conference & ISU should remain unless we choose to leave which would be stupid.

The sad part of it is all the weak minded ISU fans who buy the fear mongering being pushed on radio & then tell it too reporters at the DM Rag who write it down like it's the bible & publish it. ISU Fans are too darn fickle & needs to grow a pair & not believe the media who strive to ramp up their ratings by constantly painting gloom & doom. ISU is not a mid major.

Last edited by gondozors; 05-18-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Re: Big XII will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by gondozors View Post

Miller & Deace bleed Big 10, Jon Miller always wants to paint the worst picture possible for ISU fans to glorify the Black & Gold.
    Meanwhile in the afternoon, you've got a guy who hates Jamie Pollard. He throws Pollard under the bus any chance he gets, he bashes the Hoiberg hire, paints a doom & gloom message all the time. Now he's ranting about joining the Mountain West. Too support his push, he pulls all kind of stories out of you know where…..Ku/K-State & CU to the Pac 10.

The big 10 might lure Mizzou away, but Mizzou is really no loss to the Big 12. We'll still have a hold on the Missouri market with K-State/KU & us bordering the state. The big 12 will be able to find another team to replace them if needed. Think a Mountain West/Conference USA/Big East Team.

IMO, if the Big 10 takes Nebraska, then we should be able to win the North each & every year. So I'm okay with Nebraska leaving as it's a win/win for ISU, if they stay then it gives us something to strive for. Texas isn't going anywhere, but if they did, then the Big 12 would welcome TCU or someone else to keep the South intact. The Big 12 is and alway will be a BCS conference & ISU should remain unless we choose to leave which would be stupid.

The sad part of it is all the weak minded ISU fans who buy the fear mongering being pushed on radio & then tell it too reporters at the DM Rag who write it down like it's the bible & publish it. ISU Fans are too darn fickle & needs to grow a pair & not believe a bunch of windbags who constantly paint glood & doom.
    Anyone who thinks the Big 12 is going away is either an idiot or has an agenda. There is no proof to the conference falling apart even if a team or 2 leaves. Everything that is out right now is just rumor, and people need to remember that. Iowa State is not going to be left out in the cold and have to go to some non bcs conference. People need to take a deep breath and just relax and let the facts come out.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,472
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by gondozors View Post

The sad part of it is all the weak minded ISU fans who buy the fear mongering being pushed on radio & then tell it too reporters at the DM Rag who write it down like it's the bible & publish it. ISU Fans are too darn fickle & needs to grow a pair & not believe the media who strive to ramp up their ratings by constantly painting gloom & doom. ISU is not a mid major.
    And you could not find a suitable thread out of the 100 expansion threads for this jewel of a thought because....

"Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

"The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 123

i thought you had to have some kind of new link to start a new expansion thread.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,226
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 109

I am in agreement with what has been stated above. I honestly don't see Nebraska going, and only a slight chance that Missour goes. (Nebraska doesn't fit the academic mold for the B10....in actuality..ISU is really the only choice for them.....which most sports writers fail to comprehend.) If that happens...that won't be that big of a deal for the Big 12....our conference would find a suitable replacement for MO.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 41

I hope a viable Big 12 becomes from this because right now are there any satisfied schools in the conference outside of Texas?

Rookie
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 1

Matt Perualt seems really out of touch on this subject as relating to the Big 12. Listening to him try to spit up complete BS as fact is enough for me to turn the channel. Every single time I turn the channel there to see if it is clear to listen just takes a few seconds to hear him try to belittle ISU. He will never admit it but everyone out side of him can see he has an obvios agenda against ISU.

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I don't really know what is going to happen but with all this conference realignment talk Dan Beebe better be doing something to preserve the financial future of this conference because as it stands right now all the power is with Texas and Oklahoma, the TV deal sucks, and teams like Mizzou and Colorado are going to get poached by conferences that can offer more financially. I'd go to the Big 10 in a heartbeat if they offered because ISU would gain a lot financially by the move and still remain in a good BCS conference. Right now the Big 12 is setup to benefit the schools that already have the biggest budgets while a lot of the teams in the north get the short end of the stick with the revenue sharing.

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Thank God, this thread just saved the Big 12 by exposing Jon Miller and Deace for what they truly are. Amazing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cystate22 View Post
    Anyone who thinks the Big 12 is going away is either an idiot or has an agenda. There is no proof to the conference falling apart even if a team or 2 leaves. Everything that is out right now is just rumor, and people need to remember that. Iowa State is not going to be left out in the cold and have to go to some non bcs conference. People need to take a deep breath and just relax and let the facts come out.
    I agree that ISU fans are often to fickle, but what I don't like is if both Missou and Nebraska leave, do I truly want ISU to even be a part of the Big 12 anymore. I can almost gurantee that the schools that are chosen to replace those schools will be southern schools, probably from Texas, or maybe a Utah. IF, I know it is a big IF, that is the case I'm sorry but I'm just not that excited about our situation. Kansas and K-state would really be the only "Rivals" we have that would be in reasonable driving distance for fans to go see. I just don't see how anyone can say that would be a good situation for ISU. But as stated, it is based on a lot of IF's.

No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference. ~Tommy Lasorda

Addict
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 1

No one knows anything. Making assumptions in either direction is bad.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 981
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsCy View Post
    And you could not find a suitable thread out of the 100 expansion threads for this jewel of a thought because....
    because everyone wants their own expansion thread

Hooray for Metaphors!

Prospect
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingCY View Post
    I am in agreement with what has been stated above. I honestly don't see Nebraska going, and only a slight chance that Missour goes. (Nebraska doesn't fit the academic mold for the B10....in actuality..ISU is really the only choice for them.....which most sports writers fail to comprehend.) If that happens...that won't be that big of a deal for the Big 12....our conference would find a suitable replacement for MO.
    If all you're looking at is research $$$, then ISU makes perfect sense.

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Right now all of this Nebraska/Missouri talk is conjecture and posturing by them. Nebraska has been the whiney kid forever. They didn't want to expand, voted against raising the academic standards. The simple fact of the matter is that in the last few years of the Big 8, only Colorado was near their level in football and they were on the decline. They had to figure OU wouldn't stay down forever. I don't think they like the fact that they aren't the biggest dog on the block anymore which is why I don't think they'd be happy in the Big 10. After a few years of the conference championship game being in Indy, I'm sure Tom would start whining to have it in Kansas City.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 498
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    I don't really know what is going to happen but with all this conference realignment talk Dan Beebe better be doing something to preserve the financial future of this conference because as it stands right now all the power is with Texas and Oklahoma, the TV deal sucks, and teams like Mizzou and Colorado are going to get poached by conferences that can offer more financially. I'd go to the Big 10 in a heartbeat if they offered because ISU would gain a lot financially by the move and still remain in a good BCS conference. Right now the Big 12 is setup to benefit the schools that already have the biggest budgets while a lot of the teams in the north get the short end of the stick with the revenue sharing.
    See, this to me is not a reason good enough to go. Yup, more money--but more competition too. A 16 team conference would eat it's young. We're just not that good yet, and moving to the B10 could very well stunt our growth with more losses. I personally want to see Mizzou and Nebraska go B10 and then the B12 add teams like Louisville, BYU, Utah, etc. That automatically makes us more competitive. Wins will cure money problems. Money won't cure win problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDMiller View Post

Dosry, You know what? I think I'll agree with you :)

Quote Originally Posted by bos
    You sir are a legend.