Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 14

Anyone happen to catch?

I know it's a long shot b/c who would listen to that drivel, but I was in the car and happened to catch the last minute or so of Hoiberg on Two Guys Named Jim (which was without the Jim who doesn't think coaches will want him to succeed).

Anyway, I am assuming that there was nothing we haven't heard before, but you always hope there is a good nugget or two. I don't think they podcast their episodes much, but maybe someone who is on Hawkeye Nation can ask Jon to put tonight's show on there.

And I know he is a living legend and all, but it might just be time for Zabel to hang up the towel. The poor guy doesn't seem to know when he is on the air and loses his train of thought a lot (at least in the couple of minutes I was listening.)

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Re: Anyone happen to catch?

I, too, missed the majority of the interview. I was surprised to hear Fred's voice and it caught my attention so I listened a bit closer to the conversation. He was talking about where Le Bron may end up, and that is all of the conversation I heard.
    I then realized that Chuck Reed was on in place of Walden, and then wondered if that was why Fred was on tonight?

Was there anything new?

Thank you.
    GO CYCLONES

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,713
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    I, too, missed the majority of the interview. I was surprised to hear Fred's voice and it caught my attention so I listened a bit closer to the conversation. He was talking about where Le Bron may end up, and that is all of the conversation I heard.
    I then realized that Chuck Reed was on in place of Walden, and then wondered if that was why Fred was on tonight?

Was there anything new?

Thank you.
    GO CYCLONES

I didn't catch much more than you did, but he did talk about there is a great couple of classes coming up in Iowa and how he can tell those recruits that staying home to play can work out really well for someone and that you don't have to go to Kansas or North Carolina to make the pros.

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post

Was there anything new?

Thank you.
    GO CYCLONES
    I check the basketball news everyday hoping to catch something. I am anxious to hear about the last assistant to complete the coaching staff and if we get any more commits or transfers. Did he say anything about those two subjects?

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 992
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

I never listen to that show anymore.

Zabo's a homer who's out of touch.

Waldon has a chip on his shoulder yet from his days at ISU, and he' isn't that sharp a tack anyway.

That's gotta be the worst 2 hours of talk radio all week except maybe for Dr. Ruth...

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 50

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    I know it's a long shot b/c who would listen to that drivel, but I was in the car and happened to catch the last minute or so of Hoiberg on Two Guys Named Jim (which was without the Jim who doesn't think coaches will want him to succeed).

Anyway, I am assuming that there was nothing we haven't heard before, but you always hope there is a good nugget or two. I don't think they podcast their episodes much, but maybe someone who is on Hawkeye Nation can ask Jon to put tonight's show on there.

And I know he is a living legend and all, but it might just be time for Zabel to hang up the towel. The poor guy doesn't seem to know when he is on the air and loses his train of thought a lot (at least in the couple of minutes I was listening.)
    I caught the segment - as others have said, Fred was talking about his recruiting acumen in hopefully keeping the top players in the state, and said "when you're winning, there no place better than playing in this town."
    He responded to a question by Reed about what his biggest fear was by saying that if he didn't think he could do the job, or if he had any concerns about his health, he wouldn't have taken the job. He added that he's always been motivated by fear in the NBA, as every year there were rookies trying to beat him out. He also said that if it weren't for the pacemaker, he might still be playing in the NBA, as in his last year he lead the league in 3 pt. %.
    You're right about Zabel. Good god, hang it up already. Fred signed off by expressing his condolences to Johnny Orr and family on the death of his daughter due to ALS, and I think Zabel thought he was talking about Romie...

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    I caught the segment - as others have said, Fred was talking about his recruiting acumen in hopefully keeping the top players in the state, and said "when you're winning, there no place better than playing in this town."
    He responded to a question by Reed about what his biggest fear was by saying that if he didn't think he could do the job, or if he had any concerns about his health, he wouldn't have taken the job. He added that he's always been motivated by fear in the NBA, as every year there were rookies trying to beat him out. He also said that if it weren't for the pacemaker, he might still be playing in the NBA, as in his last year he lead the league in 3 pt. %.
    You're right about Zabel. Good god, hang it up already. Fred signed off by expressing his condolences to Johnny Orr and family on the death of his daughter due to ALS, and I think Zabel thought he was talking about Romie...
    Thank you Tornado Man and others. I wish I had heard the segment in it's entirety.
    I did hear Fred say before he left, that he wanted to be sure and express his condolences to the Orr family.

GO CYCLONES

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    J.R.R. Tolkien

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by JVAR View Post
    I check the basketball news everyday hoping to catch something. I am anxious to hear about the last assistant to complete the coaching staff and if we get any more commits or transfers. Did he say anything about those two subjects?
    Fred stated that he has a few coaches in mind for the last coaches job. He also stated that the next big recruiting time is July and that he hopes to have a full staff by then. He implied that the coach will be on staff in the next 3 to 4 weeks.