Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 30

Beebe to give Neb and Mizzou ultimatum

From Huskers Illustrated - Dan Beebe was on WHB in Kansas City yesterday, and sounds like he's ready to deal with Neb and Mizzou at the Big 12 meetings next month:

Re: SIAP Dan Beebe on 810 radio now
    Yep it was Keitzman that used "ultimatum" to summarize the points. And the Big XII meetings in KC are June 1-4 if you are keeping score at home.

Here is an exerpt from the interview:

Today’s comments from Mr. Beebe on Between the Lines seem a little more aggressive and protective:

“I’ve talked directly with Jim (referring to Big X commissioner Delaney),” Mr. Beebe said. “I understand what he’s doing, where’s he’s coming from. Maybe I would do it similarly if I were in his situation, maybe I wouldn’t. But I’m going to protect our interests. We need to move forward and have a direction people need to buy into and move forward.”

Part of having schools buy-in means finding out exactly where these institutions stand on moving in or out.

“We need to come to terms with that. We’re going to head into our meetings in Kansas City and I think we need to have a very frank conversation about where we’re going and who’s going to be on the plane when we take off.” Mr. Beebe said. “I will be very direct and talk about that with our membership and want to find out. It would be a shame, given that all boats have risen with this tide that’s been created in the Big 12, for anybody to think they’re going to have a better future somewhere else.”

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Re: Beebe to give Neb and Mizzou ultimatum

He will get tough with Mizzou and Neb but not with Texas and Oklahoma...

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,882
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado man View Post
    From Huskers Illustrated - Dan Beebe was on WHB in Kansas City yesterday, and sounds like he's ready to deal with Neb and Mizzou at the Big 12 meetings next month:

Yep it was Keitzman that used "ultimatum" to summarize the points. And the Big XII meetings in KC are June 1-4 if you are keeping score at home.

Today’s comments from Mr. Beebe on Between the Lines seem a little more aggressive and protective:

“I’ve talked directly with Jim (referring to Big X commissioner Delaney),” Mr. Beebe said. “I understand what he’s doing, where’s he’s coming from. Maybe I would do it similarly if I were in his situation, maybe I wouldn’t. But I’m going to protect our interests. We need to move forward and have a direction people need to buy into and move forward.”

Part of having schools buy-in means finding out exactly where these institutions stand on moving in or out.

“We need to come to terms with that. We’re going to head into our meetings in Kansas City and I think we need to have a very frank conversation about where we’re going and who’s going to be on the plane when we take off.” Mr. Beebe said. “I will be very direct and talk about that with our membership and want to find out. It would be a shame, given that all boats have risen with this tide that’s been created in the Big 12, for anybody to think they’re going to have a better future somewhere else.”
    Wow, All boats have risen?!?! What the hell tide is he talking about - TV?!?! The only tide Beebe has been riding is on De-Nile river!

"Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

"The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

Pro
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 1

Good to see that Beebe gets tough with schools that have one foot out the door. Why wasn't this tough attitude presented with Texas, OU, and Neb when Equal Revenue sharing was brought up. Too bad this "frank conversation" should of been done 2 years ago.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsCy View Post
    Wow, All boats have risen?!?! What the hell tide is he talking about - TV?!?! The only tide Beebe has been riding is on De-Nile river!
    The Burnt Orange Tide, of course.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 15

This is why JP is not saying a word. You don't bite the hand that feeds you until you are sure there is another hand to get fed from.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 308
    Given: 20

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    This is why JP is not saying a word. You don't bite the hand that feeds you until you are sure there is another hand to get fed from.
    exactly. JP may be a lot of things, but stupid is not one of them.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Texas is like the younger sibling that gets away with everything. Jamie is doing a great job on not going loud to the public.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,231
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 34

His quotes on the revenue sharing were not good. Basically said this is what we agreed to do and that is the way it will stay. He does a nice job as the asst. AD at Texas.

All-Star
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

It would be a shame, given that all boats have risen with this tide that’s been created in the Big 12, for anybody to think they’re going to have a better future somewhere else."
    This quote right here should mark the end of Beebe's job as conference commish.

Does anyone have his e-mail address?

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2020cy View Post
    His quotes on the revenue sharing were not good. Basically said this is what we agreed to do and that is the way it will stay. He does a nice job as the asst. AD at Texas.
    It's not only Texas. It's also Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. If you can change one of their minds, then the conference will change to a revenue sharing conference. This is assuming that the other 8 members want a revenue sharing model.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

Well this pretty much shows that Mizzou and NU have been extended offers. Beebe better be busting his *** to get this tv deal done with the PAC 10 or else the Big 12 will be filling these spots with less attractive teams. At this point aside from a BYU, Utah, of Boise State who would join the Big 12, no one from a power conference.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 177

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Well this pretty much shows that Mizzou and NU have been extended offers. Beebe better be busting his *** to get this tv deal done with the PAC 10 or else the Big 12 will be filling these spots with less attractive teams. At this point aside from a BYU, Utah, of Boise State who would join the Big 12, no one from a power conference.
    How does that prove that they've been extended offers? All it shows is that they're the candidates that the media have been talking about, Beebe has been listening to the same reports that everyone else has, he's finally beginning to realize that the northern schools aren't happy with the politics of catering to the southern schools, and instead of trying to mend fences to pacify those that are unhappy, he's unwilling to admit that the southern schools are catered to and instead takes the "blackball" approach, which is the Big 12 is staying the course and you will like it.

This doesn't prove that they've been extended offers, it just proves that Beebe is finally beginning to give some credence to the media reports and he has no intention of reaching out to those of us in the north.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    How does that prove that they've been extended offers? All it shows is that they're the candidates that the media have been talking about, Beebe has been listening to the same reports that everyone else has, he's finally beginning to realize that the northern schools aren't happy with the politics of catering to the southern schools, and instead of trying to mend fences to pacify those that are unhappy, he's unwilling to admit that the southern schools are catered to and instead takes the "blackball" approach, which is the Big 12 is staying the course and you will like it.

This doesn't prove that they've been extended offers, it just proves that Beebe is finally beginning to give some credence to the media reports and he has no intention of reaching out to those of us in the north.
    My opinion who would join this conference, how arrogant can you be? The conference is falling apart in front of your face.

Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

“We need to come to terms with that. We’re going to head into our meetings in Kansas City and I think we need to have a very frank conversation about where we’re going and who’s going to be on the plane when we take off.” Mr. Beebe said. “I will be very direct and talk about that with our membership and want to find out. It would be a shame, given that all boats have risen with this tide that’s been created in the Big 12, for anybody to think they’re going to have a better future somewhere else.
    If Beebe doesn't think that every school in that conference (except Texas) would be better off in the Big 10, he's crazy. The time for damage control has long since passed, and he'd probably be better off being proactive and start looking for teams to replace those that leave.