Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Jerry Jones accidently reveals draft board

Saw this on another website. Thought id post it here. Its a list of the Cowboys draft board when he accidently left to much access from reporters. Im a packers fan so for me its just interesting to see how teams make their boards.

Bob's Blog - Live from Lewisville: Cowboys Final Draft Board

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

Re: Jerry Jones accidently reveals draft board

I had read elsewhere the reason the Packers took Mike Neal (DT / DE Purdue) in Round 2 was their fear the Cowboys would take him if they didn't. This list has Mike Neal as the Cowboys final player worthy of a third rounder. The Packers took Neal in the second and then burned their fourth rounder to move up in the third and select safety Morgan Burnett. Since the day of the draft, I've maintained they should have selected Burnett in the second, Neal in the third and saved their fourth round selection. Incidentally, the player I wanted with that pick was taken by the Cowboys, namely CB Akwasi Owusu Ansah of IUP. Crap, now we're probably looking at another year of Jarrett Bush on the roster...

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Hey Ted Thompson, relax, all is well.

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4

I am also a Packer fan and after reading about Neal the day he was picked was perplexed why the Packers stretched. But good to see the Packer's other picks (Bryan and Morgan) being rated by another team higher than actually picked.

Personally I think the Packers have a good base of young players, thus plenty of depth, and needed top notch starting caliber players that can have quick impact. I would rather select 3-4 total players in a draft (given the Packers current depth and youth) and get the right ones versus getting 7-8 of which few ever contribute.

I wanted to see the Packers trade up after getting Bryan (great pick) and try to get Dez after he had fallen. Dez could have sat behind Driver for one year and then become a monster along side Jennings with Driver and Jones as the 3-4 WR's. The Packers might not have gotten much else, but adding a player like Dez would have solidified the WR position for the remainder of Rodger's career... best in the NFL. Could have also done something similar and gotten a top notch defensive back or another O-Lineman.

Not saying my approach is right... I am not GM. Just my wish.

All-Star
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by iccyfan View Post
    I had read elsewhere the reason the Packers took Mike Neal (DT / DE Purdue) in Round 2 was their fear the Cowboys would take him if they didn't. This list has Mike Neal as the Cowboys final player worthy of a third rounder. The Packers took Neal in the second and then burned their fourth rounder to move up in the third and select safety Morgan Burnett. Since the day of the draft, I've maintained they should have selected Burnett in the second, Neal in the third and saved their fourth round selection. Incidentally, the player I wanted with that pick was taken by the Cowboys, namely CB Akwasi Owusu Ansah of IUP. Crap, now we're probably looking at another year of Jarrett Bush on the roster...
    I agree we should have taken Burnett in the second and Neal in the third. I would have taken Brian Jackson of Oklahoma in the fourth round insteak of Owusu.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 24

IMHO, this writing on the wall for Cullen Jenkins because he's down to his last year on a contract and im guessing Robo-Ted will not resign him especially because it "will cost a lot of $$$" and he'll end up trading him for an allotment of lower round picks .....