Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Can a dog be heroic?

A worthless cat couldn't have done this.

Tiny terrier saved kids from pit bulls - CNN.com

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 478
    Given: 320

Re: Can a dog be heroic?

My cat could.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,432
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 73

When we lived in Mason City, the next door neighbor of our first house had 2 pit bulls that I found out after he moved away that he was fighting them somewhere. Those dogs barked and would dig under our fence and would be sitting in our back yard on their chain. I told the owner either he had better find a way to control the stupid dogs or I'd give the sumbitch lead poisoning old fashion style. He took them somewhere else but as a result, my oldest daughter is scaired to death of dogs. We moved shortly after as well.

I told anyone who was quiet enough to listen that any pit bull or Rotweiller dogs should be terminated permanently because of that situation, but have tamed only slightly now since someone told me that both breeds are some of the calmest and loyal dogs around unless they are treated in a way that makes them aggressive. I'm not sure if that is 100% correct, but I will guaranasstee you noone within 3 houses of me will have one of those dogs without a huge fence with no digging out allowed.

Sorry for the rant...:Crunk:

Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I was living in Bakersfield CA which is kind of the pit bull capital of the world and looking to by a used car from an Okie. Dude had the car in his garage. Had to go through the back yard to get to the garage or go back around the house to get to the garage. He had a pit bull in his back yard and told me "your wife will be fine walking this way but you better go around the house." That's what I did.

A couple days later their was a story on the news about a pit bull attacking a mailman. Had video of this monster pitbull hanging by his teeth from the dude's arm. Wouldn't let go.

Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

My parents used to have some drug-dealers as neighbors. They kept their 3 pitbulls, 1 dalmation and 1 cocker spaniel either in the back yard or in their meth lab in their basement. The dogs barked constantly because they could when they were outside, and occationally came out of the yard to roam around the neighborhood looking for something to attack. A pitbull from the same litter belonging to one of the drug dealer's friends a few blocks away got out once and tried to maul a little kid. Luckily the humane society is nice enough to do just about nothing about the pitbulls in their town.