Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Starter Wingback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    758
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Three Big 12 Players Named Lindsy's Pre-Season All Americans

    Lindsy has come out with it's pre-season All America team and three Big 12 players appear on the first team. Von Miller of Texas, and Jared Crick and Prince Amukamara, both of Nebraska are first teamers.

    Three Big 12 players named All-Americans - Big 12 Blog - ESPN



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 51,023, Level: 69
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,023
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Three Big 12 Players Named Lindsy's Pre-Season All Americans

    I'll give you Von Miller.

    But I want to see what happens when Crick and Prince play without Suh. Sure the combination of the two of them make for a good defense, but both benefited greatly from having Suh on the field.



  3. #3
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Three Big 12 Players Named Lindsy's Pre-Season All Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    I'll give you Von Miller.

    But I want to see what happens when Crick and Prince play without Suh. Sure the combination of the two of them make for a good defense, but both benefited greatly from having Suh on the field.
    I love how everyone thinks Nebraskas defense is now going to drop off so far without Suh. Yes, Suh was an amazing player, but it's not like he was their entire defense. I know Iowa State fans like to make fun of Pelini, but the fact is the guy is an amazing defensive coach. His track record speaks for itself, and I'm not just talking about last year at Nebraska.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 51,023, Level: 69
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,833
    Points
    51,023
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Three Big 12 Players Named Lindsy's Pre-Season All Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by MrReality View Post
    I love how everyone thinks Nebraskas defense is now going to drop off so far without Suh. Yes, Suh was an amazing player, but it's not like he was their entire defense. I know Iowa State fans like to make fun of Pelini, but the fact is the guy is an amazing defensive coach. His track record speaks for itself, and I'm not just talking about last year at Nebraska.

    I don't think that it will fall off, but as a defensive linemen who played directly next to Suh, his numbers are going to be a little skewed. Suh constantly got double teams which allowed Crick (who is very good) to get into the backfield quite often.

    The defensive back benefited quite a bit from the pass rush.

    I think that Nebraska will be great, but I don't know if those two players are first team all americans just yet.



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    395
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Three Big 12 Players Named Lindsy's Pre-Season All Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    I don't think that it will fall off, but as a defensive linemen who played directly next to Suh, his numbers are going to be a little skewed. Suh constantly got double teams which allowed Crick (who is very good) to get into the backfield quite often.

    The defensive back benefited quite a bit from the pass rush.

    I think that Nebraska will be great, but I don't know if those two players are first team all americans just yet.
    I sort of agree with you about Crick. I actually think Nebraskas pass rush will improve off the edge this year. Barry Turner was a disappointment after a very good freshman season. Cameron Meredith was a RSFr last season, and was getting more and more PT away from Turner as the year went on. He should be an improvement over Turner on the edge, plus Jason Ankrah will provide some good depth there. Ankrah, a 4 star recruit, was a freshman who redshirted last season, but instead of practicing with the scout team, he spent all year practicing with the 1s and 2s. That hardly ever happens with kids who are redshirting. Plus, Pierre Allen will be starting for his 3rd year. He was very banged up last year. Ankrah probably would have played to spell him towards the end of the season if the coaches hadn't already committed to redshirting him.

    Amukamara is a flat out stud. He is definitely worthy of being a 1st team AA. All draft predictions I have seen for 2011 have him going in the 1st round.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 30,393, Level: 53
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,536
    Points
    30,393
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: Three Big 12 Players Named Lindsy's Pre-Season All Americans

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocyz View Post
    I'll give you Von Miller.

    But I want to see what happens when Crick and Prince play without Suh. Sure the combination of the two of them make for a good defense, but both benefited greatly from having Suh on the field.
    maybe its just the opposite. who knows how much suh benefited from the others on the line. i'm guessing quite a bit.


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM