Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Publisher
    Points: 792,204, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,190
    Points
    792,204
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 199

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Here's a fresh take on the expansion controversy. I don't think this guy's idea will ever happen but it still makes you think a little bit. Not the same regurgitated junk you can read anywhere.

    UCFSports.com - Big 12 should look to UCF, USF



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 253,918, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,664
    Points
    253,918
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 0

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Oh Reka, thank you for reminding me why I will never subscribe to the Rag.




  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,245, Level: 73
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,546
    Points
    56,245
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 69

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Wow, the guys at the Register really don't want to let this hiring thing die. As far as I am concerned, what JP did was fine. After all, this is not a socialist state is it? Do we have to follow every procedure exactly as written out, apply all of the requirements for the hiring process to every situation just for the sake of maintaining the bureaucracy? JP and the president knew who they wanted to hire, and the did it. It was their decision and they will live with the results on the court, the same as they would have to live with the hire they would have gotten in a long, drawn out and expensive national coaching search. At this point in time, this is what worked best for ISU.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 729,870, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,432
    Points
    729,870
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,288
    Given: 631

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCloned View Post
    Wow, the guys at the Register really don't want to let this hiring thing die. As far as I am concerned, what JP did was fine. After all, this is not a socialist state is it? Do we have to follow every procedure exactly as written out, apply all of the requirements for the hiring process to every situation just for the sake of maintaining the bureaucracy? JP and the president knew who they wanted to hire, and the did it. It was their decision and they will live with the results on the court, the same as they would have to live with the hire they would have gotten in a long, drawn out and expensive national coaching search. At this point in time, this is what worked best for ISU.
    It's the journalistic version of peer pressure. There's no legal basis for requiring such things, but they try to embarrass everyone into bending to their will.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 406,104, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,145
    Points
    406,104
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 133

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    With all the layoffs at the Rag, its amazing Basu still has a job. Most worthless writer at that paper.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,934, Level: 76
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,882
    Points
    60,934
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 4

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Here's a fresh take on the expansion controversy. I don't think this guy's idea will ever happen but it still makes you think a little bit. Not the same regurgitated junk you can read anywhere.

    UCFSports.com - Big 12 should look to UCF, USF
    This is actually sort of interesting.



  8. #8
    Publisher
    Points: 792,204, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,190
    Points
    792,204
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 790
    Given: 199

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Quote Originally Posted by cyatheart View Post
    This is actually sort of interesting.
    I agree. Props to that writer for taking a fresh stance on the topic. Like I said, I doubt this happens but it certainly gives a guy something to think about.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 101,661, Level: 99
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,389
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    khaal53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,455
    Points
    101,661
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 0

    Re: 5-5 Cyclone/Big 12 Links

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. Props to that writer for taking a fresh stance on the topic. Like I said, I doubt this happens but it certainly gives a guy something to think about.
    He definitely makes a compelling case. My thought on it though is that the B12 would still maximize it's TV deals by taking just one of them and then poaching another school from a completely different market. He breaks down those schools now between the Orlando and Tampa markets, but if they elevate like they should by joining the B12 I would think having either of them would get you both markets.

    The geography thing still bothers me a little bit, but he makes valid points to dispute that.




    I'm on Twitter: @khaal53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM