Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,592
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 94

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 101,345, Level: 99
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,705
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    HiltonMagic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,186
    Points
    101,345
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 41

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Awesome. Should become policy. You step foot on a field or court and BAM! you get Tasered.


    Don't confuse hope for a plan.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 442,293, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,928
    Points
    442,293
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 25

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Seems pretty easy to be, don't be a ******* at the game, don't get tased.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 483,189, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,457
    Points
    483,189
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 619

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Good - the clown deserved it.

    I know some are going to say "wow, what kind of excessive force did you really need to perform on someone trespassing on an athletic field?' To which I say:


    • About 30-60 seconds later the guy walked off the field under his own power, didn't he?
    • Cowherd talked about this on his show today and said that statistics show that only .06% of people that get tazed end up dying - in other words, 99.4% of people that get tazed are perfectly fine
    • Every single police officer must be tazed before they earn the right to wield a tazer, so it's not like any police officer wielding a tazer doesn't know what kind of pain they are inflicting
    • Would you rather the perp get beat to a pulp with a nightstick? Or shot? Or pepper-sprayed? Each one of those methods has just as good of a chance of causing death as the tazer, and all of the effects of those weapons last much longer than getting hit with a tazer

    Seriously - people only watch enough of the videos to see people hit the deck immediately and "convulse" after being tazed - at that point they've made up their mind that getting tazed is cruel and unusual. What they don't see is the person that was tazed getting up and walking away in cuffs under their own power 30 seconds later, and they don't think that the alternatives - getting shot, clubbed, or sprayed - would be significantly worse.

    Bottom line - don't want to get tazed? Then don't do something that's going to get you tazed - like being a dumb **** and trespassing at a Major League venue...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 36,763, Level: 59
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,087
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    helechopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,891
    Points
    36,763
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 91

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    What that kid did is idiotic, yes, but I think they should take an old-school stance on this and chase folks that rush the field down, not taser them.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 413,958, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,757
    Points
    413,958
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 600
    Given: 302

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Loved it!


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 26,618, Level: 50
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 932
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,125
    Points
    26,618
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 76

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Absolutely loved it ! This kid was dumb enough to break the rule and he deserved it.
    I want a replay !



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 24,900, Level: 48
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 650
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    881
    Points
    24,900
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    • Cowherd talked about this on his show today and said that statistics show that only .06% of people that get tazed end up dying - in other words, 99.4% of people that get tazed are perfectly fine
    • Every single police officer must be tazed before they earn the right to wield a tazer, so it's not like any police officer wielding a tazer doesn't know what kind of pain they are inflicting
    Those two stats can't possibly be right. We're not killing 6 out of every 1000 cops just to prove something is safe.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 413,958, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,757
    Points
    413,958
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 600
    Given: 302

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Quote Originally Posted by synapticwave View Post
    Those two stats can't possibly be right. We're not killing 6 out of every 1000 cops just to prove something is safe.
    Well, just because .06% of people die from getting tased, doesn't mean its going to include any police at all. The ones dying probably have some type of heart condition, unknown to police.

    Your statement is like saying 60% of Iowan's are Hawk fans, which doesn't mean 60% of people from Ames are Hawk fans.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 165,383, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,086
    Points
    165,383
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 82

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    They could allow sniper teams to be present at these events. That'd be fun.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 218,915, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,373
    Points
    218,915
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 354

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    THey should come out with a reality TV showed called Tased. I would watch everytime it would come on. Just people getting tased for different reasons. Watching people get tased is probably one of my favorite things.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,569, Level: 68
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    enisthemenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Runnells, IA
    Posts
    3,558
    Points
    48,569
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 122

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Quote Originally Posted by helechopper View Post
    What that kid did is idiotic, yes, but I think they should take an old-school stance on this and chase folks that rush the field down, not taser them.
    Rome had a police officer on his show today who pointed out something very interesting not many think about with this approach.

    What happens if the guy who ultimately tased this dbag somehow ends up in a position where he is not in control while the two fall down? If you see the replay, the guy who did the tasing had a weapon belt on, including a baton (steel rod used for blount force), a knife and a gun.

    You give the idiot an opportunity for access to a weapon he did not come on to the field with, which depending on the guys state of mind could be an absolutely horrible situation.

    Dumb **** got exactly what he deserved. This should happen in every case when a stupid mother ****** comes on to the field.



  13. #13
    Pro LeSchmick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,022
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    Good - the clown deserved it.

    I know some are going to say "wow, what kind of excessive force did you really need to perform on someone trespassing on an athletic field?' To which I say:


    • About 30-60 seconds later the guy walked off the field under his own power, didn't he?
    • Cowherd talked about this on his show today and said that statistics show that only .06% of people that get tazed end up dying - in other words, 99.4% of people that get tazed are perfectly fine
    • Every single police officer must be tazed before they earn the right to wield a tazer, so it's not like any police officer wielding a tazer doesn't know what kind of pain they are inflicting
    • Would you rather the perp get beat to a pulp with a nightstick? Or shot? Or pepper-sprayed? Each one of those methods has just as good of a chance of causing death as the tazer, and all of the effects of those weapons last much longer than getting hit with a tazer
    Seriously - people only watch enough of the videos to see people hit the deck immediately and "convulse" after being tazed - at that point they've made up their mind that getting tazed is cruel and unusual. What they don't see is the person that was tazed getting up and walking away in cuffs under their own power 30 seconds later, and they don't think that the alternatives - getting shot, clubbed, or sprayed - would be significantly worse.

    Bottom line - don't want to get tazed? Then don't do something that's going to get you tazed - like being a dumb **** and trespassing at a Major League venue...
    For the sake of argument and debate, I'm going to throw out some counter arguments to your bulets:

    The guy could walk off the field in handcuffs in 1-5 seconds w/o being tased.

    Not dying from being tased does not mean you're perfectly fine. False logic.

    Your third argument is quite frankly irrelevant IMO.

    How about the alternative of a good old fashioned take down by the cops and dragging his *** to his feet and escorting him off the field? Besides, its not like the tasing him got him off the field faster than not using a taser. He was still out there running around for a good thirty seconds before they got him.

    Those are some things to chew on. I'm not trying to stir the pot, I just like debate and you layed it out nicely for me.


    @LeSchmick

    XBox Live: Le Schmick

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 213,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,832
    Points
    213,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 665
    Given: 378

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Kid has some moves. I think its funny that fat lazy cop couldn't catch the drunk kid so he had to whip out his tazer. Has to be a blow to the ego, they have several security people out there and they still can't catch this kid, so they have to resort to the easy way out and zap him. If any of the cops were badasses at all they would have just tackled him.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 213,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,832
    Points
    213,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 665
    Given: 378

    Re: Teen Phillies Fan Tasered

    Quote Originally Posted by helechopper View Post
    What that kid did is idiotic, yes, but I think they should take an old-school stance on this and chase folks that rush the field down, not taser them.
    Exactly, cmon cop, be a man and tackle the drunk kid.

    Tazering somebody in the back while they run from you is the lazy way out and not sporting at all. There is an unwritten rule that still applies to tazers... never shoot a man in the back.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM