Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 786,139, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,034
    Points
    786,139
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 714
    Given: 187

    CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Fanatics,

    I posted this on our front page last Sunday but it kind of got lost in the shuffle with the menís basketball situation that took place over the last week. Iím super-pumped about a new project that I am working on with Jon Miller of HawkeyeNation.com.

    CLICK HERE to view a video breakdown of spring practice for the Clones and the Hawks. It includes video from both schools spring games, commentary and a whole lot more.



  2. #2
    Recruit
    Points: 4,970, Level: 20
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    115
    Points
    4,970
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    I really enjoyed this. One thing glossed over regarding Iowa is they had 5-6 players drafted last week. Do they really have the pipeline to just replace these players and not miss a beat? Not saying they won't be really good, but that's a lot of NFL caliber players to lose. It's similar concept to Nebraska having a better D even though they lose Suh and Asante.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 20,142, Level: 43
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cmhawks99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bourbonnais, Il
    Posts
    1,240
    Points
    20,142
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole7 View Post
    I really enjoyed this. One thing glossed over regarding Iowa is they had 5-6 players drafted last week. Do they really have the pipeline to just replace these players and not miss a beat? Not saying they won't be really good, but that's a lot of NFL caliber players to lose. It's similar concept to Nebraska having a better D even though they lose Suh and Asante.

    This is a good question, that is worth asking. First let me say I don't post on Iowa sites so my only involvement with Iowa people is reading and posting on Marc Morehouses blog. I said over and over again last year that Iowa's depth and talent was better than it has ever been. The key to the season would be attitude, effort and focus. I said there and over here that although losing King and Kroul was significant they could be replaced. I said the same about Greene.

    This season will be more of the same. Even in 2006 and 2007 Iowa had talent, but the falling out was horrendous chemistry and attitudes (that could be seen off the field) coupled with sporadic to terrible QB play and to a lesser degree bad WR play.

    Next year, like this past one we will be capable of beating OR losing to anyone. Home or away. Maybe most all teams are like that anymore I suppose.

    The good thing about Iowa now though is they may have even more kids drafted next year. The following will have good to great shots at being drafted..........

    D. Johnson-Koulianos
    Adrian Clayborn
    Christian Ballard
    Karl Klug
    Jeremiha Hunter
    Brett Greenwood
    Ricky Stanzi
    Jeff Tarpinian
    Allen Reisner

    That doesn't count the Binns, Sash's, Hyde's, Prater's, McNutt's Riley Reiffs or other guys that history has taught us Iowa doesn't even have playing yet that might eventually be drafted.

    It will all come down to how they prepare and come into the season. If they are fat and lazy they'll struggle to win 7 games. If they are hungry the sky is the limit.

    Chad


    Last edited by cmhawks99; 05-02-2010 at 12:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,687, Level: 72
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,416
    Points
    54,687
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 50

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    I don't like to bag on Iowa, because I think that they can be very good, but the NC talk just seems out of line at this point. Yes, they did win 11 games last year, but they could have lost several of those games, including needing to block two last minute FGs against a very average UNI team. Their defense will be tough, but they have a lot of offensive things to figure out before they can talk about NC games.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 74,478, Level: 84
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    6,615
    Points
    74,478
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 19

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    chris and jon look like good buddies



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 84,011, Level: 90
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,539
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,773
    Points
    84,011
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 137

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Very nice feature. GLad we dont have to have Mediacom like the ol' crappy tv show with Deace. I hope come August you guys can do it weekly.


    #BEATIOWA

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 176,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,737
    Points
    176,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhawks99 View Post
    This is a good question, that is worth asking. First let me say I don't post on Iowa sites so my only involvement with Iowa people is reading and posting on Marc Morehouses blog. I said over and over again last year that Iowa's depth and talent was better than it has ever been. The key to the season would be attitude, effort and focus. I said there and over here that although losing King and Kroul was significant they could be replaced. I said the same about Greene.

    This season will be more of the same. Even in 2006 and 2007 Iowa had talent, but the falling out was horrendous chemistry and attitudes (that could be seen off the field) coupled with sporadic to terrible QB play and to a lesser degree bad WR play.

    Next year, like this past one we will be capable of beating OR losing to anyone. Home or away. Maybe most all teams are like that anymore I suppose.

    The good thing about Iowa now though is they may have even more kids drafted next year. The following will have good to great shots at being drafted..........

    D. Johnson-Koulianos
    Adrian Clayborn
    Christian Ballard
    Karl Klug
    Jeremiha Hunter
    Brett Greenwood
    Ricky Stanzi
    Jeff Tarpinian
    Allen Reisner

    That doesn't count the Binns, Sash's, Hyde's, Prater's, McNutt's Riley Reiffs or other guys that history has taught us Iowa doesn't even have playing yet that might eventually be drafted.

    It will all come down to how they prepare and come into the season. If they are fat and lazy they'll struggle to win 7 games. If they are hungry the sky is the limit.

    Chad
    What? Binns, Sash, Prater, McNutt and Reiff all started for Iowa last year. It always amazes me how little most Iowa fans know about their own team? Crazy.

    And Iowa fans know next to nothing about college football outside of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Two huge Iowa fans I work with couldn't tell me who ISU's starting QB and RB are.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 125,468, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,697
    Points
    125,468
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 66

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhawks99 View Post
    This is a good question, that is worth asking. First let me say I don't post on Iowa sites so my only involvement with Iowa people is reading and posting on Marc Morehouses blog. I said over and over again last year that Iowa's depth and talent was better than it has ever been. The key to the season would be attitude, effort and focus. I said there and over here that although losing King and Kroul was significant they could be replaced. I said the same about Greene.

    This season will be more of the same. Even in 2006 and 2007 Iowa had talent, but the falling out was horrendous chemistry and attitudes (that could be seen off the field) coupled with sporadic to terrible QB play and to a lesser degree bad WR play.

    Next year, like this past one we will be capable of beating OR losing to anyone. Home or away. Maybe most all teams are like that anymore I suppose.

    The good thing about Iowa now though is they may have even more kids drafted next year. The following will have good to great shots at being drafted..........

    D. Johnson-Koulianos
    Adrian Clayborn
    Christian Ballard
    Karl Klug
    Jeremiha Hunter
    Brett Greenwood
    Ricky Stanzi
    Jeff Tarpinian
    Allen Reisner

    That doesn't count the Binns, Sash's, Hyde's, Prater's, McNutt's Riley Reiffs or other guys that history has taught us Iowa doesn't even have playing yet that might eventually be drafted.

    It will all come down to how they prepare and come into the season. If they are fat and lazy they'll struggle to win 7 games. If they are hungry the sky is the limit.

    Chad
    Stanzi, no, Reisner may not even start this year, Ballard, umm King was not even drafted Kroul wasn't either, Jeff Tarpinian has not hardly played, thats a bold statement. Probably three guys from this team that that will be drafted.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 9,756, Level: 29
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    467
    Points
    9,756
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by guacamole7 View Post
    I really enjoyed this. One thing glossed over regarding Iowa is they had 5-6 players drafted last week. Do they really have the pipeline to just replace these players and not miss a beat? Not saying they won't be really good, but that's a lot of NFL caliber players to lose. It's similar concept to Nebraska having a better D even though they lose Suh and Asante.
    Usually they do not, but I think this year is a little different in that regard. The reason is they arent throwing freshman into the fire, they are throwing in guys who have played decent minutes or guys that have been in the program for 3 or 4 years. Mix that in with the amount of returning starters and I think that will equal a pretty good football team. Now in 2011?? That very well could be a complete rebuild.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 176,873, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,737
    Points
    176,873
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Out of curiousity, where did Chris Williams and Jon Miller graduate college from?

    If I had to guess, I'd say Chris graduated from ISU and Jon graduated from somewhere other than Iowa?



  11. #11
    Publisher
    Points: 786,139, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,034
    Points
    786,139
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 714
    Given: 187

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Out of curiousity, where did Chris Williams and Jon Miller graduate college from?

    If I had to guess, I'd say Chris graduated from ISU and Jon graduated from somewhere other than Iowa?
    I went to Iowa State. I believe Jon went to Southern Illinois but I'm not 100 percent positive on that.



  12. #12
    Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    267
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    What? Binns, Sash, Prater, McNutt and Reiff all started for Iowa last year. It always amazes me how little most Iowa fans know about their own team? Crazy.

    And Iowa fans know next to nothing about college football outside of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Two huge Iowa fans I work with couldn't tell me who ISU's starting QB and RB are.
    He never said Binns, Sash, Prater, McNutt, and Reiff didn't start. Those players won't be SRs this season. Therefore, unless they declare early, the won't be drafted. The people he listed is who he thinks could get drafted this next year.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 114,293, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,958
    Points
    114,293
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 54

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    So was Jon gonna let you talk at all? Seemed like whenever you started talking about ISU, he needed to interject with something about why that could be a weakness for ISU. Overall, it was a pretty decent breakdown of both teams though.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 20,142, Level: 43
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cmhawks99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bourbonnais, Il
    Posts
    1,240
    Points
    20,142
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    What? Binns, Sash, Prater, McNutt and Reiff all started for Iowa last year. It always amazes me how little most Iowa fans know about their own team? Crazy.

    And Iowa fans know next to nothing about college football outside of the Iowa Hawkeyes. Two huge Iowa fans I work with couldn't tell me who ISU's starting QB and RB are.

    Boy did you make your self look silly........................Go back and read it again. I realize I ran that sentence on, but I mentioned THOSE guys that have started or played a ton (Hyde didn't start by the way, but they think he is a stud) and then histroy says "others" will be very, very good as well.

    Now as for your statement about Iowa fans, although there is SOME truth to it, you can add most ISU fans to the list as well. I chuckle often at what both fan bases really know about college football.

    Chad


    Last edited by cmhawks99; 05-02-2010 at 08:08 PM.

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 20,142, Level: 43
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cmhawks99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bourbonnais, Il
    Posts
    1,240
    Points
    20,142
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: CY-HAWK TALK - Spring Football Video Recap

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones6785 View Post
    He never said Binns, Sash, Prater, McNutt, and Reiff didn't start. Those players won't be SRs this season. Therefore, unless they declare early, the won't be drafted. The people he listed is who he thinks could get drafted this next year.
    Thank-you..............I probably could have worded it better.

    Chad



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM