MLB: with 40% Latino ballplayers, should make a statement against AZ All-Star Game
    Walk On
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

with 40% Latino ballplayers, should make a statement against AZ All-Star Game

Arizona's passage of a controversial anti-immigration lawcould cost the state Major League Baseball's All-Star Game

Quote Originally Posted by Rep. José E. Serrano, D-N.Y.
    I think that when people, states, localities make decisions this monumental, they should know the full consequence of that decision. I think Major League Baseball, with 40 percent Latino ballplayers at all levels, should make a statement that it will not hold its All-Star Game in a state that discriminates against 40 percent of their people."
    Is he saying that MLB teams does not issue work visas? With as many players from central America, one would think they have programs in place to keep them here at least during the season. I find it hard to believe that 40% of players can not "prove lawful U.S. residence when asked to provide such documentation."

Last edited by bobbomo; 04-29-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    To show them how the Cyclones cheer.

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 64

Re: with 40% Latino ballplayers, should make a statement against AZ All-Star Game

One idiot after another...I love how someone from NY can comment about the boarder issues coming out of Mexico into AZ.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 240

Re: with 40% Latino ballplayers, should make a statement against AZ All-Star Game

This will absolutely hit the cave so I'll say it - I don't think anybody has a problem with central American ballplayers. They have a problem with central Americans murdering and kidnapping in Phoenix. Believe it or not they don't have to be connected. But I'd love to see a boycott because it would further invalidate the all-star game which is basically pointless anyway.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    This will absolutely hit the cave so I'll say it - I don't think anybody has a problem with central American ballplayers. They have a problem with central Americans murdering and kidnapping in Phoenix. Believe it or not they don't have to be connected. But I'd love to see a boycott because it would further invalidate the all-star game which is basically pointless anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2forISU View Post
    One idiot after another...I love how someone from NY can comment about the boarder issues coming out of Mexico into AZ.
    Replace NY with IA...

Just kidding Bryce.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ~ George Carlin

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life:
    The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves Orcs. ~ John Rogers