Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISU vs. NU vs. OU Basketball

Out of Iowa State, Nebraska, and Oklahoma, who is in the worst shape for the next 2, 3, 4 years? We have good fan support but are losing players and coaches left and right (although the last couple days have brought good news).

Nebraska has lost two assistant coaches this season, a couple players, and the little fan support there is there does not support Doc Sadler.

And OU has had so many problems I'm not even going to get into it.

We are still sitting better than those two schools, aren't we?

"I am so proud... I am so proud to be your football coach!" -- Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Re: ISU vs. NU vs. OU Basketball

Because we were able to keep the remains of the team in tact and bring in the recruiting class that was already assembled I think that we will be better off.

Freddy will bring in assistants that will help him grow as a coach. Ejim and McKnight are a very solid base to build on for the future, Phillips gives us a stop gap in 2011 after DG graduates to get another point guard and Railey has the potential to be a big 12 player.

The key will be getting a highly rated Point guard in next year that can learn the system his freshmen year and take over his sophomore year. In fact, I would like to see us bring in 2 pgs next year along with oliver and the best available shooting guard.

Pro
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by CardinalAndGold View Post
    Out of Iowa State, Nebraska, and Oklahoma, who is in the worst shape for the next 2, 3, 4 years? We have good fan support but are losing players and coaches left and right (although the last couple days have brought good news).

Nebraska has lost two assistant coaches this season, a couple players, and the little fan support there is there does not support Doc Sadler.

And OU has had so many problems I'm not even going to get into it.

We are still sitting better than those two schools, aren't we?
    If I was going to view this with neutral eyes, I would score it like this.

-OU has major issues and they've lost their best players and now there's questions surrounding Capel's recruitment tactics, but Capel can still pull in some studs.

-NU has been just as big of a revolving door as ISU has, and their incoming talent isn't too spectacular. I think Sadler is a good coach, but these guys are going to be perenial cellar dwellers for the immediate future.

-ISU has a coach with zero experience and a team full of role players (if I were an outsider, this would be my take). Decent recruits coming in, but HUGE hole at PG after DG leaves.

I'd say Nebraska is in the worst shape, and then an argument can be made that ISU and OU are in similar situations, and none can make a legit claim to be going in the right direction quickly (despite the enthusiasm injected into our program in the past few days).

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 39

OU is in the best shape. Then us. Then Nebraska.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.