Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 4,323, Level: 19
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    36
    Points
    4,323
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Here is how it is going down....

    TJ will handle recruiting, Grayer - recruiting Illinois?Michigan and player relations, 2 new assistants X's and O's and Freddy will manage the game and lead, similar to an NBA coaching staff... Any thoughts??? Hell in 1993 we had only one offensive play.. the Wheel and we ran the ***** out of it!!!



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 164,943, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    10,994
    Points
    164,943
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 306

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Is this THE Morgan Wheat?


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  3. #3
    Prospect
    Points: 4,323, Level: 19
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    36
    Points
    4,323
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Is this THE Morgan Wheat?
    unfortunately yes.....



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 68,243, Level: 81
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,507
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Points
    68,243
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by mowheat View Post
    TJ will handle recruiting, Grayer - recruiting Illinois?Michigan and player relations, 2 new assistants X's and O's and Freddy will manage the game and lead, similar to an NBA coaching staff... Any thoughts??? Hell in 1993 we had only one offensive play.. the Wheel and we ran the ***** out of it!!!
    I do hope one of the assistants is a grizzled vet with tons of HC experience -- mentor for Freddy.

    I CAN FINALLY AGREE!! "The program is headed in the right direction. There are a lot of good things going on."



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 717,794, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,684
    Points
    717,794
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 462
    Given: 239

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by mowheat View Post
    unfortunately yes.....
    Awesome

    I like your thoughts, and hope that is the way it happens. Sounds like a great plan to me.



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Points: 4,323, Level: 19
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    36
    Points
    4,323
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneWarning View Post
    I do hope one of the assistants is a grizzled vet with tons of HC experience -- mentor for Freddy.

    I CAN FINALLY AGREE!! "The program is headed in the right direction. There are a lot of good things going on."
    2 more good assistants and it will at least give us the oppurtunity to make it work!!



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 40,171, Level: 61
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tec71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,128
    Points
    40,171
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 1

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by mowheat View Post
    unfortunately yes.....
    We could use a littel Mo Wheat toughness on the team.


    Hope is not a method. Soon is not a time.

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 28,175, Level: 51
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    1,844
    Points
    28,175
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by tec71 View Post
    We could use a littel Mo Wheat toughness on the team.
    Got that right.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 18,429, Level: 41
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    438
    Points
    18,429
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Mo Wheat.....so sweet!

    What are your thoughts on the hire? I know you weren't too enamoured with the last staff (or at least the results).

    I thought it was crazy at first but after time to think about it, and listening to the press conference, I'm all in. Assistants will be key and I really like the idea of exploiting the weaknesses in the other team. And going again and again to what is working until they stop it (very NBAish).



  10. #10
    Starter Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    johnsonjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    878
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by mowheat View Post
    TJ will handle recruiting, Grayer - recruiting Illinois?Michigan and player relations, 2 new assistants X's and O's and Freddy will manage the game and lead, similar to an NBA coaching staff... Any thoughts??? Hell in 1993 we had only one offensive play.. the Wheel and we ran the ***** out of it!!!
    Do we know if Grayer is an assistant or Dir of BBall Ops? If the latter, I don't think he can recruit off campus. Maybe someone else can clarify that.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 28,175, Level: 51
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    1,844
    Points
    28,175
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonjj View Post
    Do we know if Grayer is an assistant or Dir of BBall Ops? If the latter, I don't think he can recruit off campus. Maybe someone else can clarify that.
    No idea on his official title but from going by the comments made by Fred at the presser Grayer will most definately be involved with recruiting, specifically the Detroit area.


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

  12. #12
    Prospect
    Points: 4,323, Level: 19
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    36
    Points
    4,323
    Level
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diggy View Post
    Mo Wheat.....so sweet!

    What are your thoughts on the hire? I know you weren't too enamoured with the last staff (or at least the results).

    I thought it was crazy at first but after time to think about it, and listening to the press conference, I'm all in. Assistants will be key and I really like the idea of exploiting the weaknesses in the other team. And going again and again to what is working until they stop it (very NBAish).
    Obviously i think its a tough deal for Freddy coming in but he is going about it the right way for not having HC experience. If he just can manage game situations and actually play the right people(substitution patterns), keep the game simple and relate to the players, he will have a chance to succeed, especially if he gets another couple good assistants. I liked Mac personally but he was sooooo the wrong choice before for this program.Not sure what JP was thinking. Im torn a little on this hire but I played with Freddy and I fully support my clones so climb aboard and see where this wild ride is going to take us!!!! He will have as good a player perspective as you can get and that experience is invaluable. oooo weee....



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,177, Level: 95
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,144
    Points
    94,177
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Don't kid yourself, Fred will be actively involved in the xs and os. He will be involved in ALL aspects of coaching, and when the game is on the line, HE will make the decisions, not a gathering of 5 coaches during a timeout. Take that to the bank.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 26,946, Level: 50
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cloned4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,541
    Points
    26,946
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Quote Originally Posted by mowheat View Post
    Obviously i think its a tough deal for Freddy coming in but he is going about it the right way for not having HC experience. If he just can manage game situations and actually play the right people(substitution patterns), keep the game simple and relate to the players, he will have a chance to succeed, especially if he gets another couple good assistants. I liked Mac personally but he was sooooo the wrong choice before for this program.Not sure what JP was thinking. Im torn a little on this hire but I played with Freddy and I fully support my clones so climb aboard and see where this wild ride is going to take us!!!! He will have as good a player perspective as you can get and that experience is invaluable. oooo weee....
    Awesome perspective from Mo Wheat- Great to see you posting on here!

    I agree - if he can surround himself with the right staff, this just might turn out AWESOME! Go Cyclones - I'm excited as I've been in a long, long, long time :)

    FREDDY IS THE MAN!



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 81,552, Level: 88
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Winterset Metroplex
    Posts
    2,489
    Points
    81,552
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Here is how it is going down....

    Morgan Wheat is down with Coach Hoiberg! That doesn't suck. Now, if we can get Brian Heger & Jacy Holloway to give us a thumbs up, I'll be officially riding on the Hoiberg bandwagon.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM