Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Hoiberg vs Nurse

For those that thought Nurse was a candidate and others that think Fred is not a good choice - here is my take
    1) Nurse is a Mac guy, he is well liked in the NBA-D League, a UNI guy, might have a great future but no one had "discovered" his talent until we hired him last week. Don't get me wrong, the guy was fun to watch at Wells, but its apples and oranges. May be a great coach in college and just waiting for his shot, but he should not have been considered for the head coaching job whether interim or long term.
    2) Hoiberg is a Cyclone, will sell that passion for being a Cyclone, he is a guy in the NBA that would command respect of any D League coach as a employer for the D Leagues product. He has seen player develoment, knows what talent looks like, played at the highest level and by all accounts is smart and hard working. What he lacks in game day coaching can be made up in a year that most of us thought we had no chance of success anyway. If he doesn't make up for it, I would expect a smart guy to hire someone that can help him on game day if he doesn't get that right away. He already has his money or quite a bit of it, this job is because he wants to be here not because he is looking for security for his family.

We are so much better off today than we were Saturday its not even comparable. Wathcing Mac's presser basically shows that we are so lucky to have unloaded this contract in this fasion.

Harrison Barnes - Long shot at best, but most thought Creighton was a long shot and then Hoiberg was a long shot, maybe the whole story isn't out yet - anything is possible but even with out a Barnes, this hire gives a chance to recruit the best in state talent...Minnesota Talent, and others.

This is a good day. I will hold any judgement on any W&L's until he gets his guys in place and we see the progression, this next year will be learning year for all involved and thats ok if we can get some players in that will benefit from all that was learned the previous year.
    Go Cyclones!

Rookie
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Re: Hoiberg vs Nurse

the only way barnes comes to ISU is if he requests out at UNC. You don't go calling signed recruits at other schools to see if they would be interested. It is totally unethical and would probably also result in sanctions from the NCAA. HB has made a commitment to a university, not just a coach. I tink he mad a good choice. I would have preferred he was wearing cardinal and gold, but such is life. One can only dream...... (how about a starting 5 of Brackins, Johnson, Taggert, Staiger, and Garrett?)