Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 176

Meet the Coaches article from Steve Deace - good read!

Link

Loved the article - another energizing Cyclone story.

My favorite part was...
    For the first in the seven years I have covered the Cyclones, a football coach at ISU spoke openly about winning a Big 12 championship. McCarney told the crowd that playing in the Big 12 Championship Game come December 2nd is what they’re shooting for between now and kickoff against Toledo in 37 days. McCarney also said he will take the players going with him to Kansas City for the Big 12 Media Days (Bret Meyer, DeAndre Jackson, and Scott Stephenson) over to Arrowhead Stadium, which is the site of this year’s Big 12 title game, to show them what their ultimate goal is this fall.
    Finally, we're officially shooting for the Big 12 title. It's about damn time. Lets go get the sum-b*tch!

And, play either Texas, Oklahoma or Tech twice - and defeat whoever place twice - both times!

Pipe dream? Perhaps. But it's no impossibility.

When's that first game again???? :)

All-Star
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 954
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    I have been ready for Aug. 31 since New Year's Eve.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 698
    thank you Deace! I am glad you put your attendance to pen. What a great read.

Looks like all four coaches get along great! GO CYCLONES!

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Pro
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,163
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 15
    I think that is the first time that I have heard that Scales is "good to go." That is encouraging news. I'm curious as to if he is up to where he was touted to be. We could use the depth and competition at RB though.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    thank you Deace! I am glad you put your attendance to pen. What a great read.

Looks like all four coaches get along great! GO CYCLONES!

- keep.

I knew I wouldn't be able to read an article by Steve Deace without him getting a dig in somewhere. The line about people with an axe to grind with him for reasons known only by them and their therapist is where I stopped reading. Hopefully Deace has a weekly appointment with his therapist too as he has just as many issues as anyone else out there. Why else would he weigh close to 400 pounds?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    I am glad Deace wrote that. Excellent piece, and thanks for sharing it with everybody 22.

Addict
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,099
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Excellent article. I was inspired. I'm officially stating here that I'm buying a National Cyclone Club membership again this year. I've had a membership in the past but only as a way to get discount tix and parking. However, this time I'm buying it as only a way to donate and that's all. I live too far away for season tix.

It may seem like a meager amount but if all alumni would give, I'm sure it would add up quickly.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 70
    Quote Originally Posted by clonecone View Post
    I knew I wouldn't be able to read an article by Steve Deace without him getting a dig in somewhere. The line about people with an axe to grind with him for reasons known only by them and their therapist is where I stopped reading. Hopefully Deace has a weekly appointment with his therapist too as he has just as many issues as anyone else out there. Why else would he weigh close to 400 pounds?
    Please. Its the truth, some out there just want to hate and don't need a reason to do it.

On a personal level, Steve is a great, down to earth type of guy. He's not as spiteful as a lot of Hawk fans would have you believe, and I think he really does wonder why there is so much hatred for him on the message boards and such. But overall, he keeps moving up the food chain and it is definitely true that the hate has brought ratings and has helped him in moving up. I think he'd just like to have it be achieved in a more positive manner.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    I really don't want to get into a Steve Deace bashing contest, but there is a reason people think he is spiteful. I have a very good reason. I was banned on his board. I was a paying custoomer over there. It's a lifetime ban. if that's not spiteful, I don't know what is. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Redemption is part of Christian teachings, and Deace claims to be a Christian. Yet I guess he doesn't practice what he preaches. I have tried to ask about being reinstated and have been told no. And since I was banned for basically disagreeing with Deace, I have to think that he is still pulling some strings over there, despite not being part of day-to-day operations.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Steven achieves perceived "hate" due to his preachings sprinkled with intolerance on WHO...that aside...as for me...he is a clone-backer and I like him when he sticks to sports/movies on his talk show for the most part...so he offends me none.

But overall, he keeps moving up the food chain

I will let others chime in with their own jokes...

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanAldaClone View Post
    I really don't want to get into a Steve Deace bashing contest, but there is a reason people think he is spiteful. I have a very good reason. I was banned on his board. I was a paying custoomer over there. It's a lifetime ban. if that's not spiteful, I don't know what is. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Redemption is part of Christian teachings, and Deace claims to be a Christian. Yet I guess he doesn't practice what he preaches. I have tried to ask about being reinstated and have been told no. And since I was banned for basically disagreeing with Deace, I have to think that he is still pulling some strings over there, despite not being part of day-to-day operations.

well...you are most welcome here...unless you start unloading mass hate on my soon-to-be-wife rosario....then you are in for some serious facial knuckles.

Last edited by monkeybrow; 07-25-2006 at 04:36 PM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 70
    Alan, make sure you tell the whole story as to why you were banned.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    What Steve neglects to tell you all is how he was dressed for last night's occasion. He stuck out like a sore thumb. He had the brightest shirt in the room, but it wasn't cardinal or gold. It was a neon blue superman shirt with a HUGE S on his chest. He really did clash with all the cardinal and gold attire in the room. I've never seen such a big superhero unless he just ate a couple.

“Also, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I don’t want to leave any of that behind.” - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    How does one go about becoming a National Cyclone Club member? I am an Alumni Association member, but seem to have missed the sign up for the National Cyclone Club. Thanks in advance.

Recruit Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    Why don't you tell it, because I really don't know. I never have received an adequate explanation. What does "interfering with operations of the business" mean anyway? The only thing I ever interefered with is holding his feet to the fire asking where Bill Seals was, a question he kept ducking. I wasn't the only one asking it either. It was the 800-pound gorilla in the room and Deace made snide comments whenever anyone asked about it. If questions and expecting answers from someone you are paying is interference, then I'm guilty as hell.