Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 16,265, Level: 38
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    768
    Points
    16,265
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

    McD Upset About Commercial?

    So maybe Greg was upset b/c he wasn't in the new Applebees Children and Families of Iowa commercial. Or maybe not, but I found it very weird that they had Rhoads and Fennelly but no McD especially since sitting in the background were assistants from each sport including Eric Crawford. How many schools do you know would promote something using coaches and leave out the mens bball coach but use the women's coach and the football coach? Very telling of how things are looked at over in the AD. I'm guessing they knew McD isn't looked upon very well by the fans right now and so asked him to not make an appearance in that commercial.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 88,889, Level: 92
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    gogagig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,471
    Points
    88,889
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 244

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    Quote Originally Posted by clone4lyfe View Post
    So maybe Greg was upset b/c he wasn't in the new Applebees Children and Families of Iowa commercial. Or maybe not, but I found it very weird that they had Rhoads and Fennelly but no McD especially since sitting in the background were assistants from each sport including Eric Crawford. How many schools do you know would promote something using coaches and leave out the mens bball coach but use the women's coach and the football coach? Very telling of how things are looked at over in the AD. I'm guessing they knew McD isn't looked upon very well by the fans right now and so asked him to not make an appearance in that commercial.
    Yeah, that must be it



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 421,182, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,923
    Points
    421,182
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,175
    Given: 819

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    Things were tense. The stress level has gone down since Sunday. When the video was shot, McD may have been recruiting in Omaha at the time.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 144,260, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,400
    Points
    144,260
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 1

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    I think they did multiple takes. He was definitely part of it.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 503,961, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    34,244
    Points
    503,961
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,706
    Given: 1,185

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Things were tense. The stress level has gone down since Sunday. When the video was shot, McD may have been recruiting in Omaha at the time.
    For which school...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.


  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 31,523, Level: 54
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    cyman1189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,659
    Points
    31,523
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    .... grrrrr

    I was suppose to be in that commercial but they kept moving the shoot time back so I had to NOT do it because of class. I wasnt too mad about it but that was b4 i knew CPR was in the commercial!!! coulda been my first chance to meet him personally!!!!! darn darn darn darn darnit



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 16,265, Level: 38
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    768
    Points
    16,265
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 4

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    Maybe I should have put this in there... It was a joke ladies and gents.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 104,125, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    vmbplayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    3,499
    Points
    104,125
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 43

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    When it was filmed Bill Fennely tweeted about shooting the commercial with Rhoads and McD. Nothing to see here, just coincidental.


    "Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

  9. #9
    cyclONEnation
    Points: 219,424, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    C.John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,521
    Points
    219,424
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 83

    Re: McD Upset About Commercial?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    I think they did multiple takes. He was definitely part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    When it was filmed Bill Fennely tweeted about shooting the commercial with Rhoads and McD. Nothing to see here, just coincidental.
    These ^^^^



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNews
  • Iowa State @ TCU
  • March 7, 2015
  • 07:30 PM