Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 3

Iowa Game

get me your opinions. i think we have a good chance at iowa this year.

their defense lost some guys. our O-Line should be in good form by then to take their D-Line out of the game. Our offense is clicking and its only April. They dont have much of a running game due to wegher being a sophomore who still needs more experience and hampton coming off that injury. i think our secondary is experienced and physical enough to take advantage of a seriously overrated Stanzi, who is VERY VERY mistake-prone.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 25

Re: Iowa Game

Not good. Let's be honest, we haven't scored a touchdown against Iowa while I've been in college, and I'm going to be a senior. I'll be in Iowa ****** cheering my *** off, but I just don't see us with any sort of "good chance" to win.

Legend
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,123
    Given: 2,217

The game is in Kinnick so I am doubtful that this squad will pull it off. But, hey, they won in Lincoln last year...

I will continue to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 957
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 6

Our chances are very slim they are going to be better than they were last year. Their NC hopes will hinge on how the Big Ten does overall

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

As long as Arnaud is on then we have a chance..Iowa cant cover a spread offense with their life depended on it

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 87
    Given: 38

Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post

their defense lost some guys. our O-Line should be in good form by then to take their D-Line out of the game. Our offense is clicking and its only April. They dont have much of a running game due to wegher being a sophomore who still needs more experience and hampton coming off that injury. i think our secondary is experienced and physical enough to take advantage of a seriously overrated Stanzi, who is VERY VERY mistake-prone.
    Their defense will almost always be good. Parker has got his system in place and he is a heck of a coach.

Their running game may be down a little due to losses on the OL, but I think it is wishful thinking to say they don't have much of a running game.

Stanzi should be better, as should Arnaud. I am pretty sure it was Arnaud that was VERY VERY mistake-prone last year in the Iowa game, so again, kind of wishful thinking that Stanzi will struggle, but we won't.

I expect it to be a much better (closer) game than last year, but Iowa is talented and at home. A win would be a major upset.

Addict
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,017
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116

I don't think we have much of a chance this year. Their defense will be good and I don't think that we'll be able to score enough points to overcome our defensive issues. Our linebackers are going to be very young and assuming Iowa's RB's get healthy they will control the ball. If Stanzi starts throwing the ball to our guys then maybe we'll have a chance, but I just don't see it. Perhaps in 2011 when they lose a lot of their defense.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    As long as Arnaud is on then we have a chance..Iowa cant cover a spread offense with their life depended on it
    BS they can't. They have no issues with us. They don't have issues with Illinois. To beat Iowa, you have to be able to move the ball and not get greedy. They'll give you 5 yard passes, but they aren't going to give you a 45 yard pass. If you settle for short stuff, you can move it, because you aren't going to just run it down their throats. Additionally, unlike last year, we HAVE to figure out how to stop the run. We ran through them on the ground, but couldn't stop them from moving the ball at will, and we gave up as soon as it was 21-3.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

Turnovers. Gotta create them and not make them.

Speechless
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Stanzi will pick apart our defense too. He's absolutely awful under pressure, but we get exactly none without sending extra guys. Make him run around and think about getting hit and he folds like a lawn chair. Give him time to sit back and look around and he'll kill us.

All-Star
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 60

Pass me whatever you're smoking buddy. They're D-Line is probably going to be one of the best in the nation. If our O-line takes their D-line out of the game that would make our O-line the best in the country. I don't see that happening. They bring back a defense probably better than any we have seen in the past including last year. Our only chance is if they decide to start playing Stanziball.

Yeah TOAST!!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 76

Seriously?? You give the rest of us logical fans a bad name.

Do we have a chance? YES. There is always a chance for an upset.

Do I think that it will happen? NO. And I am usually sipping the kool-aid pretty hard for this rivalry but this year with their D even the best teams will have trouble moving the ball on them. I think that it will be closer than last year as AA will not turn the ball over an hopefully A-Rob will bea able to at least keep them honest but in the end our D will not stop their O often enought and theirs will stop ours more often.

This equals another 365 days of d-bag fans talkin smack.

“It’s beyond pride. It’s a restored trust. There’s a confidence again, a passion that teeters on swagger. More than anything, (Iowa State head coach Paul Rhoads) has restored the Iowa State “it” factor, the steadfast belief that it is great to be a Cyclone...the man’s enthusiasm is genuine to the core...”
    – columnist Sean Keeler, Des Moines Register

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 123

If we can avoid turnovers, we have a chance. We have to hang on to the ball, and finish drives. We're not going to win another 15-13 game. Our O-line will have to man up against a very good defensive line, and give A-Rob and AA running lanes and time to throw. We then have to get pressure on Stanzi and force him to make mistakes. Stanzi is very mistake prone while pressured, but not as much so when he has all day to throw the ball. While Iowa's receivers are good, our secondary should be able to make some plays, and not get burned.

If we limit turnovers, and actually get a couple touchdowns, we can do it. Arnaud has to pull his head out of his arse, and I think if he plays well, which I believe he can, who knows what will happen. If he throws more than 2 picks, we're toast.

IMO, the thing that could keep us in this game is if Iowa's o-line is not very cohesive as a unit.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 360

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    If we can avoid turnovers, we have a chance. We have to hang on to the ball, and finish drives. We're not going to win another 15-13 game. Our O-line will have to man up against a very good defensive line, and give A-Rob and AA running lanes and time to throw. We then have to get pressure on Stanzi and force him to make mistakes. Stanzi is very mistake prone while pressured, but not as much so when he has all day to throw the ball. While Iowa's receivers are good, our secondary should be able to make some plays, and not get burned.

If we limit turnovers, and actually get a couple touchdowns, we can do it. Arnaud has to pull his head out of his arse, and I think if he plays well, which I believe he can, who knows what will happen. If he throws more than 2 picks, we're toast.

Can't wait for THH and DJK15 to attack this post, despite it being one of the more cautious posts in the thread...
    I'm sure THH is cooking up something good.

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 299
    Given: 82

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post

Can't wait for THH and DJK15 to attack this post, despite it being one of the more cautious posts in the thread...
    Not THH or DJK15, but you're stoopid. D-U-M...dum.