Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

Who were you most impressed/discouraged by at the spring game?

I will say I was the most impressed by Tiller, he was playing against the second team defense, but it does not matter who you are playing if your passes are accurate and I believe his were. He had several dropped passes, one by Money over the middle that would have went for a lot of yards. He also threw the deep ball very well and once again had a couple drops and pass that may have been ruled in-bounds if there was replay. Sedrick and Leonard Johnson, both looked impressive especially Leonard Johnson, he will be one of the best corners in the league this year, simply has a nose for the football. And of course the offensive line, they are the backbone of this team.

I was probably the most discouraged by Arnaud. He has a little ways to go, can he get there, yes, but his passes were too high and he had issues at times leading the receiver. I have never thought Tiller could challenge for #1, but Tiller was more impressive and he looks fast on his feet.

How did everyone think the DL looked? Its hard to guage, IMO, as you can't sack the QB. I thought the pressure was decent against a very good offensive line, but the run defense was not there IMO.

All in all it was good to see the guys back on the field!

Prospect
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Who were you most impressed/discouraged by at the spring game?

Arnaud looked fine. His completion % coudn't have been much off Tillers and he was playing against ones. Arnaud looked 1000% better than last spring. I have all the confidence in the world in Tiller after seeing yesterday.\ though.

Our receiving corp is improved. Howwver, you couldmake a case of Jennert being betterthan Sedrick if you wanted to based on one afternoon.

The next best thing is the OL. We have more depth there than i thought. The two's played well all day. Bodes well for the future.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,651
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

The receivers played pretty well. I hope we can throw a post route this year with some success.

The QBs played well.

The DBs played well.

The LBs have a ways to go- but Jake Knott made a lot of tackles.

Im not sure about the D-line, but CPR said there were at least 4 sacks in the first half. (mostly blitzes i think, but still)

RBs looked ok. A-rob and White are quick, the others are just slow.

I did not like the I formation. Any idea why we were running that??

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 11

Quote Originally Posted by farcyted View Post
    Arnaud looked fine. His completion % coudn't have been much off Tillers and he was playing against ones. Arnaud looked 1000% better than last spring. I have all the confidence in the world in Tiller after seeing yesterday.\ though.

Our receiving corp is improved. Howwver, you couldmake a case of Jennert being betterthan Sedrick if you wanted to based on one afternoon.

The next best thing is the OL. We have more depth there than i thought. The two's played well all day. Bodes well for the future.
    Arnaud has not played well in any of the past spring games. He usually gets it going in August. The fact that he at least looked decent this spring is encouraging.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    The receivers played pretty well. I hope we can throw a post route this year with some success.

The QBs played well.

The DBs played well.

Im not sure about the D-line, but CPR said there were at least 4 sacks in the first half. (mostly blitzes i think, but still)

I am sure this has to do with a few wrinkles Herman has discussed in adding into the offense. I can think of at least two occasions last year in which we ran a handoff to ARob/Schwatz on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, and were buried in the backfield and both times may have cost us points and against KU/KSU could have won us the game. I have always said when they run the shotgun on short yardage, its easier for Arnaud to get a yard under center than to have him 5-6 yards back and run with it or hand it off.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Wide outs played very well. That impressed me the most

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

All-Star
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    I will say I was the most impressed by Tiller, he was playing against the second team defense, but it does not matter who you are playing if your passes are accurate and I believe his were. He had several dropped passes, one by Money over the middle that would have went for a lot of yards. He also threw the deep ball very well and once again had a couple drops and pass that may have been ruled in-bounds if there was replay. Sedrick and Leonard Johnson, both looked impressive especially Leonard Johnson, he will be one of the best corners in the league this year, simply has a nose for the football. And of course the offensive line, they are the backbone of this team.

I was probably the most discouraged by Arnaud. He has a little ways to go, can he get there, yes, but his passes were too high and he had issues at times leading the receiver. I have never thought Tiller could challenge for #1, but Tiller was more impressive and he looks fast on his feet.

How did everyone think the DL looked? Its hard to guage, IMO, as you can't sack the QB. I thought the pressure was decent against a very good offensive line, but the run defense was not there IMO.

All in all it was good to see the guys back on the field!
    I've always thought that Arnaud doesn't play well in the spring game because he's too leery of getting touched. I may be way off, but when you can get "sacked" just by being touched in the spring game, it seems to throw him off, more than other QBs anyway. I think he's paying more attention to the rush and not enough to his receivers. That may not make much sense. But you can dodge oncoming tacklers. When all they have to do is touch you, you can't dodge that.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,295
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 17

I would have liked to have seen some punting since were replacing a pretty damn good punter for us. We really dont know who will get the job, would have been nice to see some of the candidates.

#BEATIOWA

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 9

Most disappointed:

O-Line...not nearly as dominant as it should have been against what could only be a an avg. at best D-Line.

Depth of the defense is horrid (no surprise)

Most impressed:

Jennert had very good hands and looked Blythe like on the TD reception that was ruled out of bounds.

Woody was much better in person that I have been giving him credit for on these boards. Love his heart and effort.

Very happy neither AA or JT threw any INTs.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

You thought Tiller looked good, but Arnaud looked bad, while Arnaud completed a higher percentage of passes, was facing a defense, and both had to face rough sack rules?

And the DL was by FAR the most disappointing thing. A huge majority of the sacks are sacks they don't make in a game because they just happened to stick their arm out while they were flying by behind the QBs.

Tiller and Arnaud both threw the ball well, but that's what happens when you have a month and a half to throw, Tiller more than Arnaud. Tiller faced exactly no pressure, and Arnaud faced it once a drive when they sent a huge blitz. The only legitimate sack coming to mind is when the corner blitz got to Arnaud.

Jennert, if we can get him to run routes hard, could be a really solid receiver in the future. Darius Darks and Money both did an excellent job yesterday running crisp routes, and I wasn't watching yesterday but Collin Franklin did last season.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    I've always thought that Arnaud doesn't play well in the spring game because he's too leery of getting touched. I may be way off, but when you can get "sacked" just by being touched in the spring game, it seems to throw him off, more than other QBs anyway. I think he's paying more attention to the rush and not enough to his receivers. That may not make much sense. But you can dodge oncoming tacklers. When all they have to do is touch you, you can't dodge that.
    Sometime in the second half when one or two defensive players brushed the QB and the play continued (no sack called), did anyone else hear Wally run out to some players at the numbers on the field and yell "Hit his f-ing *** harder next time, put him on the f-ing ground!" Few plays later Jake McDonough drilled Capello as he threw. Hilarious to hear from the far sideline, got a few people in my section laughing.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I thought Arnaud had the same issues as last year. Tiller leads the receivers better, his passes were more accurate and if he was playing with the #1 wide receivers would have had a higher completion percentage than Arnaud, Tiller got hurt by numerous dropped balls. Not saying Tiller is the starter, Arnaud is the clear leader of this team, but at times he tries too hard. Tiller lets the game come to him and if there is a faster QB in the Big 12, I would like to know his name.

All-Star
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I was impressed by the Tiller and White. The Clones are set at QB, RB, and WR for next year. The OL looked good but has a long ways to go before they face Big 12 competition.

It was good to have spring football back in action. How many attended the game?

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Tiller did look pretty quick, and White did too.

I think the DMR said approximately 10,000, that's probably a pretty good guess. I was thinking it looked like 7-10. Everyone was in the lower east side and it was pretty much full. Not shoulder-to-shoulder full, but definitely no big open areas. Good crowd, the weather definitely helped. And by the looks of the parking lot when we got back outside, there were definitely a lot of tailgaters that never went into the game.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post

The QBs played well.

The DBs played well.

I wasn't there but I think we have some players we can utilize in that formation such as Howard at TE and Woody, BB, and Bo Williams at RB. I doubt we see it much but it is a wrinkle and defenses have to plan for it a little. Time spent on that takes away from time spent on our primary.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.