Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Medders update...kinda..

found this on wnba.com about trash talking, and this is what medders said about it

WNBA.com: The Art of Talking Trash

"I couldn't get away with it in college. (My) coach wouldn't have it. But I did it in high school a couple of times, but I always got in trouble. For me, it's always about playing the game now."

and then i found this blog on the fever site..and one part of it really caught me off guard...

FEVER: Straight From The Messenger

The rookies are here! The rookies are here!

Fever rookies arrived in Indianapolis today and the Fever season is now officially upon us! Alison Bales arrived by car from her parents' home in Dayton, Ohio, and second-round pick Lyndsey Medders arrived by car after a two-day trip from Ames, Iowa. Third-round pick Ashley Key arrived by plane, Wednesday evening. All three will attend the WNBA's Rookie Orientation in Chicago (Thursday through Saturday), alongside Indiana's fourth rookie, Jessica Dickson, acquired late last week in a post-draft trade with Sacramento. All four will attend a Fever team meeting on Sunday morning, followed by the first official practice of 2007!
    Bales and Medders were introduced to a mid-afternoon reception of approximately 40 Pacers Sports & Entertainment employees, fielding questions while becoming familiar with their new summer home. The duo spent the early evening hours fielding more questions from local print, radio and TV media, and after Bales left on an early flight for Chicago, Medders took in the sights of the Pacers' final home game - accompanied by travel companion and boyfriend Billy Fennelly.
    While taking questions during the afternoon reception, Medders called herself a "pass-first point guard" who likes to dish to her teammates for open shots, nodding to Bales to indicate her intention to feed the 6-7 rookie center with passes into the post. When asked of favorite moments from her storied career at Duke, Bales cited one highlight as an appearance in the 2006 NCAA championship game and then stated, "I just like winning!" Enough said.

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 9

Re: Medders update...kinda..

nice finds! Hopefully trying out for the team goes well for her!

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    found this on wnba.com about trash talking, and this is what medders said about it

and then i found this blog on the fever site..and one part of it really caught me off guard...

FEVER: Straight From The Messenger

Medders took in the sights of the Pacers' final home game - accompanied by travel companion and boyfriend Billy Fennelly.
    I assume that the part that caught you off-guard was the section that I highlighted. Billy Fennelly is Coach Bill Fennelly's son. I did a double-take myself when I read this, then remembered that Coach Fennelly has a college-aged son. I double-checked Coach Fennelly's bio at Cyclones.com, and it confirms that his son's name is Billy.

LINK

So everything is on the up-and-up. No reason to get worried about Coach Fennelly's job security.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

i know that he has a son named billy, but billy also calls all the defensive sets during the games

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    i know that he has a son named billy, but billy also calls all the defensive sets during the games
    He's not officially on the coaching staff, though. Is there anything about Billy's apparent relationship with Lyndsey that makes you uneasy for some reason?

Addict
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by BvK1126 View Post
    He's not officially on the coaching staff, though. Is there anything about Billy's apparent relationship with Lyndsey that makes you uneasy for some reason?
    It's a little inappropriate IMO. Billy sits on the bench and does contribute in similar ways as a coach would. I've also heard Billy on the pregame show breaking stuff down. I wouldn't say it's a big deal by any means, but a little irresponsible. There are like 12,000 girls at ISU, pick another one.

Starter
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Drive4cy View Post
    It's a little inappropriate IMO. Billy sits on the bench and does contribute in similar ways as a coach would. I've also heard Billy on the pregame show breaking stuff down. I wouldn't say it's a big deal by any means, but a little irresponsible. There are like 12,000 girls at ISU, pick another one.
    Fair enough. Obviously it's not a problem now, with Medders in the WNBA.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

There are like 12,000 girls at ISU, pick another one.
    I'm not really sure that's a fair argument to try and make. That's like me walking up to anyone and saying "There're millions of women in the world, ditch your girlfriend/wife and find another one because I say so. I find this one offensive/inappropriate."

"Seven minutes to glory."

Walk On
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    I'm not really sure that's a fair argument to try and make. That's like me walking up to anyone and saying "There're millions of women in the world, ditch your girlfriend/wife and find another one because I say so. I find this one offensive/inappropriate."
    I would say it is more than that when you consider what happened at LSU. Most people agree that coaches should not have "significant others" relationships with their players, don't they? But maybe this started after Medders' career was over?

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUguy View Post
    But maybe this started after Medders' career was over?
    Doubt it since that was about a month ago. Also, if this is an actual boyfriend/girlfriend relationship I have mad props for the women's basketball program. The coaches and players would have known and everyone kept their mouth shut to avoid any distractions or problems from it. There were obvioulsy no problems from it and therefore I don't have an issue with it. He is not on the coaching staff... no issues there.