Speaking of LSU
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Speaking of LSU

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 19,518, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    965
    Points
    19,518
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Speaking of LSU

    In addition to Hamilton, LSU will also sign 4 guys in the Rivals Top 150 (71, 93, 144 & 148).

    Nice job Trent Johnson



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 271,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,684
    Points
    271,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 958

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloner97 View Post
    In addition to Hamilton, LSU will also sign 4 guys in the Rivals Top 150 (71, 93, 144 & 148).

    Nice job Trent Johnson
    Conversely.... ISU will be losing pretty much anyone that can put the ball in the basket and they will be replaced by..... more then likely walkon's from an open gym session at a local high school. Ouch.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,090, Level: 90
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,460
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,626
    Points
    84,090
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 5

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    If LSU is not in the tourny next year Johnson is likely gone.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 119,826, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,182
    Points
    119,826
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by cyeah View Post
    If LSU is not in the tourny next year Johnson is likely gone.
    Yep...he kind of got a pass on this past season but LSU has expectations and those expectations include having a winning team that makes postseason play.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 87,455, Level: 92
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,895
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,354
    Points
    87,455
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 28

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenum1 View Post
    Yep...he kind of got a pass on this past season but LSU has expectations and those expectations include having a winning team that makes postseason play.
    Why does ISU no longer have those expectations??



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 271,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,684
    Points
    271,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 958

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    Why does ISU no longer have those expectations??
    I assume that is a rhetorical question.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 119,826, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,182
    Points
    119,826
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    Why does ISU no longer have those expectations??
    Some of us do, my friend. However, it is troubling how many ISU fans seem to have dramatically lowered their expectations for MBB over the past few years.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  8. #8
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by cyeah View Post
    If LSU is not in the tourny next year Johnson is likely gone.
    Major Fail.

    Johnson is far from gone. Do you not realize he won SEC Coach of the Year in 2009.

    We lost 2 NBA players from that team - Marcus Thornton who will be 1st Tean ALL NBA Rookie as well as Garrett Temple (Spurs)

    Hard to overcome that and we did sign a top 20 class for next season. We probably won't make the tourney next year, but will definitely make it the year Hamilton is eligible.



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    ****Sorry this posted on this board, when I thought I posted to someone else

    Thanks for the bio. To clarify, I didn't mean that Hamilton alone gets us to the tourney, but it will be the year our youngin's mature and make their mark. I think Trent liked this guy for two reasons, Trent's days of the West Coast (Stanford and Nevada) and that he knows he will get a lot of PT down at LSU because we really don't have a big man yet.

    Malcolm White is an Ole Miss transfer who will start from day 1 next year who provides immediate defensive presence as well as above average offense. Really looking forward to the future after the abortion of a season we just endured.


    Last edited by HowardStern; 04-13-2010 at 01:42 PM.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 62,350, Level: 77
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 900
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    azn4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DSM
    Posts
    3,089
    Points
    62,350
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by HowardStern View Post
    Thanks for the bio. To clarify, I didn't mean that Hamilton alone gets us to the tourney, but it will be the year our youngin's mature and make their mark. I think Trent liked this guy for two reasons, Trent's days of the West Coast (Stanford and Nevada) and that he knows he will get a lot of PT down at LSU because we really don't have a big man yet.

    Malcolm White is an Ole Miss transfer who will start from day 1 next year who provides immediate defensive presence as well as above average offense. Really looking forward to the future after the abortion of a season we just endured.
    FYI. I moved my response to the correct thread. My bad on posting it here. I assumed you didn't mean Hamilton would bring you to the tourney. He was our 3rd best player and clearly we didn't make it....



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by azn4cy View Post
    FYI. I moved my response to the correct thread. My bad on posting it here. I assumed you didn't mean Hamilton would bring you to the tourney. He was our 3rd best player and clearly we didn't make it....
    That explains why I was very confused.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 271,904, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,684
    Points
    271,904
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 444
    Given: 958

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonenum1 View Post
    Some of us do, my friend. However, it is troubling how many ISU fans seem to have dramatically lowered their expectations for MBB over the past few years.
    Expectations are a product of the job done by the person in charge of a program. That being said you can understand why I have predicted that ISU will win 5 games next season in what will be universally hailed as the worst season in Iowa State history. People will not be calling for a new coach... they will be calling for the program to be dropped to save them from total humiliation.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 177,623, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,140
    Points
    177,623
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

    Re: Speaking of LSU

    What helps LSU is that they play in the poor divison of the SEC. I would be surprised if they aren't near or in the NIT next year



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM