Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Asst Coach - GMac & JP ??

I live in wester AZ. When you live in a desert, it doesn't matter how much water is in the glass, you are just happy there is something to drink.

OK, when JP & GMac met at the end of the season, could one of the decisions made was there had to be a shake up of GMac's staff? The current staff was not getting it done. Now, loosing D-Rob was a hit from the recruiting stand point, but I don't know how the relationship was between him and Mac and maybe that had something to do with him leaving. Maybe Mac told the Asst. Coaches they would be gone and instead of firing them, let them save face & find new jobs on their own. If that is the case, Gmac made a very bad decision. This is a business and in business people get fired.

I guess my point in all this, is a month ago, JP might have know there would be a shake up in the staff and he is not surprised about the current events.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 563
    Given: 306

Re: Asst Coach - GMac & JP ??

It is possible... but it is less likely given the timing of the situation. If Gmac/JP knew of DRob leaving for some time, I really don't think they would have let the news break a few days before Nat'l Signing Day. They would have either let him go as soon as possible so they could hire a new assistant with connections to recruits, or announced him leaving after NSD so as not to impact the decisions of any of our recruits.

If they did know this ahead of time they really mismanaged the timing of the leaking of his departure. Personally I'm not too bummed about losing the assistant coach, but the timing could not have been any worse.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHavasu View Post
    I live in wester AZ. When you live in a desert, it doesn't matter how much water is in the glass, you are just happy there is something to drink.

OK, when JP & GMac met at the end of the season, could one of the decisions made was there had to be a shake up of GMac's staff? The current staff was not getting it done. Now, loosing D-Rob was a hit from the recruiting stand point, but I don't know how the relationship was between him and Mac and maybe that had something to do with him leaving. Maybe Mac told the Asst. Coaches they would be gone and instead of firing them, let them save face & find new jobs on their own. If that is the case, Gmac made a very bad decision. This is a business and in business people get fired.

I guess my point in all this, is a month ago, JP might have know there would be a shake up in the staff and he is not surprised about the current events.
    Could have been...but if that was the case they should have cut everybody loose ASAP or waited to cut them loose until after the LOI signing period was completed and "the hay was in the barn".

Having your top recruiting assistant bugging out a week before the signing period starts is not a good thing.

At this point I am hard-pressed to see how this is some sort of finely tuned master plan that is being executed here.

I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 32

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHavasu View Post
    Maybe Mac told the Asst. Coaches they would be gone and instead of firing them, let them save face & find new jobs on their own. If that is the case, Gmac made a very bad decision. This is a business and in business people get fired.

Maybe, but highly doubt it. It would reek of massive incompetence to decide to get rid of some assistants, but then "be a nice guy" and let them leave on their own to save face. Schools mainly make changes at the end of the season which starts the dominoes of coaching changes. To have our assistants be lame ducks while other schools are putting their new staffs in place is quite stupid.

ISU MBB is a business, one that is failing, and the time for "letting them save face" is long past.

Then again, we are talking ISU MBB, so even stupid is possible.