Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 174

If the rumors are true

This thread is based on if the rumors are true. Which when it comes to ISU BB they usually are.

Did even the biggest Mac haters see this big of mess coming? From day one on the job? After the season? I cannot believe all this could ever happen a BB program. With so many players leaving over the year, why no hint of why they are leaving? How can no one in the athletic dept really know what is going on with the BB program? Why didnt they see this mess coming? Mac has done a good job of controling the info about his BB team and has done a good job of getting a nice contract, but other than that he hasnt done much else good at ISU. I still feel he is a good coach and he has shown that he can bring some talent to Ames, but getting that talent to do what he coaches has been a huge issues. Him not connecting with players is his down fall. The only players he seems to connect with are players that are from the state of Iowa. I will always be a Mac fan and support him wherever he coaches next, but it is clear it is not working at ISU.

A change needs to be made now. He will be a lame duck coach that will not get a top flight asst he needs. He will not get top JUCOs like he needs. He will be a sitting duck. He will not get the top players to look at ISU in the 2011 class. If you bring in a new coach now you can take your time, because most jobs are filled. You will also give that coach a change to mold the team the way he wants to for the future. Next year will be a mess no matter what, you may as well give a new guy a head start on the future. Making a change will also save Mac the embarrassment of a wreck of a season.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 332
    Given: 161

Re: If the rumors are true

I still pray for a mutual agreement for him to leave that saves the A.Dept some money.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 121

Quote Originally Posted by isuaggie View Post
    I still pray for a mutual agreement for him to leave that saves the A.Dept some money.
    Keep praying.

It would be the honorable thing to do to resign, but coaches aren't built like that. They believe they can win no matter what the situation is, no matter how much the deck seems to be stacked against them. He wouldn't want to be known as the guy who quit because he didn't think he could get it done. He'd have a tough time getting another job.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 174

Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Keep praying.

It would be the honorable thing to do to resign, but coaches aren't built like that. They believe they can win no matter what the situation is, no matter how much the deck seems to be stacked against them. He wouldn't want to be known as the guy who quit because he didn't think he could get it done. He'd have a tough time getting another job.
    Because winning 5 games will help him with getting a new job.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 121

Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    Because winning 5 games will help him with getting a new job.
    Yeah, even coaches with crappy records can still get other jobs after getting fired. But if you show yourself as a quitter, I'd imagine it'd get tougher to find another head coaching gig.

Starter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Yeah, even coaches with crappy records can still get other jobs after getting fired. But if you show yourself as a quitter, I'd imagine it'd get tougher to find another head coaching gig.
    Just ask Floyd.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bfross View Post
    Just ask Floyd.
    Floyd was and still is a very good coach. One of the better ones around.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 998
    Given: 1,835

This thread is based on if the rumors are true. Which when it comes to ISU BB they usually are.
    What rumors?

That Robinson has left and Colvin is considering leaving?

Or other rumors?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 642
    Given: 312

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    What rumors?

That Robinson has left and Colvin is considering leaving?

Or other rumors?
    Some more mass player defection rumors, similar to those that were out there a few weeks ago. Will it happen? Who knows, i wont be surprised by anything at this point.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

Keep praying.

That's BS for anyone to say that. Nobody would resign and leave that much money on the table. NOBODY! I don't blame Mac one bit for hanging on.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 642
    Given: 312

Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    That's BS for anyone to say that. Nobody would resign and leave that much money on the table. NOBODY! I don't blame Mac one bit for hanging on.
    I wouldnt expect him to resign unconditionally, but negotiated resignations (with a severance) arent unheard of. If we could get out for only a million instead of 2, thatd be a huge improvement.

Addict
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 292

Quote Originally Posted by acrozier22 View Post
    come on you forget he(Mac) is the one leading this program and doing it with integrity.

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Pro
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151

Did even the biggest Mac haters see this big of mess coming? From day one on the job? After the season? I cannot believe all this could ever happen a BB program. With so many players leaving over the year, why no hint of why they are leaving? How can no one in the athletic dept really know what is going on with the BB program? Why didnt they see this mess coming? Mac has done a good job of controling the info about his BB team and has done a good job of getting a nice contract, but other than that he hasnt done much else good at ISU. I still feel he is a good coach and he has shown that he can bring some talent to Ames, but getting that talent to do what he coaches has been a huge issues. Him not connecting with players is his down fall. The only players he seems to connect with are players that are from the state of Iowa. I will always be a Mac fan and support him wherever he coaches next, but it is clear it is not working at ISU.

A change needs to be made now. He will be a lame duck coach that will not get a top flight asst he needs. He will not get top JUCOs like he needs. He will be a sitting duck. He will not get the top players to look at ISU in the 2011 class. If you bring in a new coach now you can take your time, because most jobs are filled. You will also give that coach a change to mold the team the way he wants to for the future. Next year will be a mess no matter what, you may as well give a new guy a head start on the future. Making a change will also save Mac the embarrassment of a wreck of a season.
    I'm not convinced about the "not connecting" charge. Other players have lauded him - Booz, and CB come to mind. Petey thought enough of him to want to learn from him. If you extend your argument to the assistants I may have more to believe in but I can't buy the "GMac doesn't relate" comment. Doesn't fit any other place he's been and has never been overtly stated by any of the departing players.

Walk On
    Thumbs Up

You are a 18-22 yr old kid who would like to continue playing something you love to play and try to salvage a college education; have people who are suppose to believe in leading you, and you don't believe in them; its time to leave. Face paint only lasts so long.

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,987
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

"Face paint only lasts so long."

Nice line.