Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 68

New Tiger Ad...

"Did you learn anything?"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIYejgkqd0o]YouTube - Tiger's Late Dad in New Nike Ad[/ame]

"That's as loud as I've heard a basketball arena in my life!" - Reid Gettys 12/13/2013

"Knowledge is good." - Emil Faber

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 723
    Given: 484

Re: New Tiger Ad...

Well, Nike has a history with this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA]YouTube - Nike Air commercial Charles Barkley[/ame]

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 24

creeps me out!

Plus I do not think he did learn anything, except that "crap I got caught"

2009 FLHR - Vivid Black

I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 94

I actually liked the Ad, for some reason i think all this commotion is going to fuel tiger... I know he made mistakes, and shouldn't have done this... but all that being said, i think that tiger will win the Masters.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 377
    Given: 54

Quote Originally Posted by redrocker View Post
    creeps me out!

Well, I don't know if he did or not, but from what I have seen he is a different guys whether it is acting or not, I don't know. I watched his Monday presser and he was completely different. He seems more peaceful and lower strung. From what I have read and heard he is different with both fellow players and the galleries. Whether this is PR or not, I don't know, but I have to think it is not. I think he has changed. This weekend will tell the truth. I still think he will be just as focused, however he will show a lighter side.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,995
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 56

I'm still on the "Who cares? I don't" seat on this one. I still think the guy took waay too much crap for this. No matter what his image. With all the violence, drug abuse and performance enhancing drugs being used by pro athletes today, the fact this guy slept around with a bunch of women, really shouldn't be anyone's business but his families. Get away from the family man, great father and husband look and there really isn't anything there. His only real mistake was getting married. He never should have done that. I'm sure growing up, knowing nothing but golf, when the women started flocking, he lost control. I can't see too many red blooded American men being any different. It's just too bad he didn't see that he wasn't ready to get married.

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 1,547

Clonefan - you said a mouthfull.

+1

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 70

Yup, I learned to delete all text messages... better yet not to send any at all. I learned to never admit anything... I also learned that I need to have my own lab to make my own HGH so that i dont have to be associated with anyone outside my own basement. I also learned that turning down around 10 beautiful, slutty women a day, when my wife is gone is imposible... Dad you already know all this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 532
    Given: 477

Quote Originally Posted by Rolling Clones View Post
    It would have been better if at the end Tiger said, "Yeah, Dad. I learned that banging other women was OK by watching you.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,210
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 137

I bet his drives at Augusta are monsterous

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 1,547

The other morning I caught the Today Show interview of two "experts" commenting on Tiger's Augusta press conference.

The guy said that he thought that Tiger had done enough, he appeared honestly contrite and apologized, let him go on and get on with his golf career.

The woman on the other hand said that she didn't see Tiger show any emotional remorse for what he had done and didn't explain how this had affected him or his family. Later she went on to say that she thought he was pimping out his family by saying that it was really hard for him to miss his son's first birthday. All I could think was first you say he didn't and should have, then you said he did and he shouldn't have.

It is apparent that Tiger is not going to please some people. He should stop trying to please everyone and concentrate on golf and his family. Everyone else can either choose to watch or not, like him or not, follow him or not. He is not going to be able to change that.

"There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    It would have been better if at the end Tiger said, "Yeah, Dad. I learned that banging other women was OK by watching you.
    Can't understand why they thought using an out-of-context audio clip of his father who was a well-known womanizer and *** to the women in his life would be a good thing.
    It's like "Hey, I ****ed up. Lets use my dead old man to make people feel bad for me."

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

Addict
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 126

Quote Originally Posted by redrocker View Post
    creeps me out!

Creeps me out too. Using your dead father as part of your image marketing campaign - wow.

Rookie
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 588
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Oh my goodness! I was listening to Miller and Deace this am and got this heads up on the latest Bulletin Board material in tiger's quest to regain his previous image and start all over with the slate clean. Sorry tiger, I have cleaned many a slate chalk board in me childhood and this puppy will not come clean. The reason? Because you tiger will NOT come clean by being sincere and open and remorseful. BTW, I will not capitalize your last name ever again because you don't deserve a capital on your name.

To think that you were NOT aware of this ad is beyond belief. How could you allow nike (notice no capital letter on them either) to run a ad of your dead father? DO you think for a moment your Father would of approved of this ad? I would of imagined he would have had a lot to say to you......PRIVATELY! You are a multimillionaire with a 2 cent conscience. You are in my opinion a issue of mind over matter. I DO mind and you don't matter. You could of done so much with your talent and life yet you do so little starting with those who care about you.

nike, you continue to stretch your mindset to the leading point of disaster. You are now on record as not believing in "family values!" You have no morals as a corporation. I will refrain from purchasing any of your apparel and will go with my arse hanging out if need be. There are other choices out there and I unlike you feel morals and family values should trump the desire to try and save your golden child.

Last edited by iowaboy; 04-08-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 723
    Given: 484

Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    The other morning I caught the Today Show interview of two "experts" commenting on Tiger's Augusta press conference.

The guy said that he thought that Tiger had done enough, he appeared honestly contrite and apologized, let him go on and get on with his golf career.

The woman on the other hand said that she didn't see Tiger show any emotional remorse for what he had done and didn't explain how this had affected him or his family. Later she went on to say that she thought he was pimping out his family by saying that it was really hard for him to miss his son's first birthday. All I could think was first you say he didn't and should have, then you said he did and he shouldn't have.

It is apparent that Tiger is not going to please some people. He should stop trying to please everyone and concentrate on golf and his family. Everyone else can either choose to watch or not, like him or not, follow him or not. He is not going to be able to change that.
    This. It's the absolute best advice Tiger could ever take. Tiger just needs to take care of the business of winning on the golf course and the rest will take care of itself. The most vocal people about this whole "scandal" are those that either didn't like Tiger in the first place and now have all the ammunition that they could ever need, or have a superiority complex that blinds them to the fact that they're just as humanly flawed as Tiger is (granted, not many people cheat on their spouse with 12 different partners, however, everyone has done stuff in their life that makes their judgment of Tiger absolutely hypocritical).

I still don't understand how this whole mess is anyone else's business other than Tiger's and his family's. I mean, if Tiger were nobody more than the guy that lives down the street that you weren't close to at all and cheated on his wife with 12 or more different women, would you even think twice about it at all? If you're worried about the kind of role model that Tiger Woods is to your children, then perhaps more of your focus should be the kind of role model you yourself are to your children and why it is that your children would feel the need to use Tiger as their role model instead of you. Or if you're ****** that you purchased all of these products because Tiger endorsed them and now you have to change your shopping patterns because you now refuse to purchase anything Tiger endorsed, whether he currently does so or not, well, who's **** fault is that that you fell for probably the most powerful marketing strategy there is - get a celebrity to endorse the product and the suckers will line up to buy it.

Perhaps if we stopped treating celebrities like gods we wouldn't be so friggin' disappointed with them being so deeply flawed all the time...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.