MLB: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 251,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,886
    Points
    251,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,112
    Given: 927

    10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    10 things I personally would love to see this year in MLB.


    10. The Yankees missing the playoffs. How great would that be to see the highest payroll fail miserably. Sadly, they are too talented for that to happen.
    9. Steven Strasberg. I could care less about the Nats, but I can't wait to see this guy throw the ball in the big leagues.
    8. Lou Pinella melting down in April. I don't think baseball officially starts until this happens.
    7. A huge record needs to fall. Not sure if it will ever be the homerun record, but it would be great to see a big time record fall this year.
    6. A team that hasn't made the playoffs in years to emerge as a contender.
    5. A perfect game. Don't care who does it on what team, a perfect game is a work of art.
    4. The Cubs and Cardinals fighting out a neck in neck race to make the playoffs. It would be fun to watch their fans go at it as well as the midwest ties it would have.
    3. A 23 game winning pitcher. We haven't seen that since 1999 with Pedro Martinez.
    2. A midwest team in the World Series. Obviously I'd like it to be the Twins, but it would be fun to have a team in the Midwest make it to the big series.
    1. The Twins back in the playoffs! As a Twins diehard, this has to be my #1 choice! I am not liking all the expectations this year. Seems like they do better as the underdog role.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  2. #2
    st8
    Guest

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    1.1 joe morgan ceases to live



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 272,156, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,709
    Points
    272,156
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 992

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    10 things I personally would love to see this year in MLB.


    10. The Yankees missing the playoffs. How great would that be to see the highest payroll fail miserably. Sadly, they are too talented for that to happen.
    9. Steven Strasberg. I could care less about the Nats, but I can't wait to see this guy throw the ball in the big leagues.
    8. Lou Pinella melting down in April. I don't think baseball officially starts until this happens.
    7. A huge record needs to fall. Not sure if it will ever be the homerun record, but it would be great to see a big time record fall this year.
    6. A team that hasn't made the playoffs in years to emerge as a contender.
    5. A perfect game. Don't care who does it on what team, a perfect game is a work of art.
    4. The Cubs and Cardinals fighting out a neck in neck race to make the playoffs. It would be fun to watch their fans go at it as well as the midwest ties it would have.
    3. A 23 game winning pitcher. We haven't seen that since 1999 with Pedro Martinez.
    2. A midwest team in the World Series. Obviously I'd like it to be the Twins, but it would be fun to have a team in the Midwest make it to the big series.
    1. The Twins back in the playoffs! As a Twins diehard, this has to be my #1 choice! I am not liking all the expectations this year. Seems like they do better as the underdog role.
    I would much rather watch them battle for last place. I can't stand either of them or their fan bases. In my experience Cub fans are some of the most obnoxious fans you can come into contact with. Let's hope their World Series drought extends another century.



  4. #4
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    10 things I personally would love to see this year in MLB.


    10. The Yankees missing the playoffs. How great would that be to see the highest payroll fail miserably. Sadly, they are too talented for that to happen.
    9. Steven Strasberg. I could care less about the Nats, but I can't wait to see this guy throw the ball in the big leagues.
    8. Lou Pinella melting down in April. I don't think baseball officially starts until this happens.
    7. A huge record needs to fall. Not sure if it will ever be the homerun record, but it would be great to see a big time record fall this year.
    6. A team that hasn't made the playoffs in years to emerge as a contender.
    5. A perfect game. Don't care who does it on what team, a perfect game is a work of art.
    4. The Cubs and Cardinals fighting out a neck in neck race to make the playoffs. It would be fun to watch their fans go at it as well as the midwest ties it would have.
    3. A 23 game winning pitcher. We haven't seen that since 1999 with Pedro Martinez.
    2. A midwest team in the World Series. Obviously I'd like it to be the Twins, but it would be fun to have a team in the Midwest make it to the big series.
    1. The Twins back in the playoffs! As a Twins diehard, this has to be my #1 choice! I am not liking all the expectations this year. Seems like they do better as the underdog role.

    That's a great list.....hope ALL of them happen!!



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 115,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,122
    Points
    115,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 161
    Given: 148

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    10 things I personally would love to see this year in MLB.


    10. The Yankees missing the playoffs. How great would that be to see the highest payroll fail miserably. Sadly, they are too talented for that to happen.
    9. Steven Strasberg. I could care less about the Nats, but I can't wait to see this guy throw the ball in the big leagues.
    8. Lou Pinella melting down in April. I don't think baseball officially starts until this happens.
    7. A huge record needs to fall. Not sure if it will ever be the homerun record, but it would be great to see a big time record fall this year.
    6. A team that hasn't made the playoffs in years to emerge as a contender.
    5. A perfect game. Don't care who does it on what team, a perfect game is a work of art.
    4. The Cubs and Cardinals fighting out a neck in neck race to make the playoffs. It would be fun to watch their fans go at it as well as the midwest ties it would have.
    3. A 23 game winning pitcher. We haven't seen that since 1999 with Pedro Martinez.
    2. A midwest team in the World Series. Obviously I'd like it to be the Twins, but it would be fun to have a team in the Midwest make it to the big series.
    1. The Twins back in the playoffs! As a Twins diehard, this has to be my #1 choice! I am not liking all the expectations this year. Seems like they do better as the underdog role.
    As the Brew Crew sneaks in a takes it from them both.



  6. #6
    st8
    Guest

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    As the Brew Crew sneaks in a takes it from them both.

    oh, were you being serious?

    is there a special gatorade cooler in the dugout full of gravy with "property of prince, do not touch" written on it? are the whirlpools in the clubhouse at miller park actually used for frying turkeys? while all the rest of the guys are lipping skoal, is prince actually shelfing one of those single butter servings you get with dinner rolls at a diner?



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 30,435, Level: 53
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,537
    Points
    30,435
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 6

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    My list:

    1. Yankees win the world series.

    That about sums it up.


    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”
    – Norman Thomas, American socialist and six-time presidential candidate for the Socialist Party of America

  8. #8
    st8
    Guest

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    My list:

    1. Yankees win the world series.

    That about sums it up.
    if the had a vomiting smilie, I would choose that



  9. #9
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 251,809, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,886
    Points
    251,809
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,112
    Given: 927

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    The Yankees are what is wrong with baseball and what is slowly killing it. I think all the other 29 teams should just agree to not play them anymore. How funny would that be.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 272,156, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,709
    Points
    272,156
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 992

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    The Yankees are what is wrong with baseball and what is slowly killing it. I think all the other 29 teams should just agree to not play them anymore. How funny would that be.
    I think the Spanks are in trouble this year. Did you see how awesome their bullpen looked last night? Uh oh!!!!!!!



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 95,483, Level: 96
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,567
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,929
    Points
    95,483
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 122

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    if the had a vomiting smilie, I would choose that



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 222,660, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,523
    Points
    222,660
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 475

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    1. Arod to get a natural color in his lips.
    2. Cubs to have the world Series won with one inning to go and have something crazy happen.
    3. Boston to actually win the World Series.


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 102,345, Level: 99
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 705
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    6,674
    Points
    102,345
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 610
    Given: 240

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by st8 View Post
    oh, were you being serious?

    is there a special gatorade cooler in the dugout full of gravy with "property of prince, do not touch" written on it? are the whirlpools in the clubhouse at miller park actually used for frying turkeys? while all the rest of the guys are lipping skoal, is prince actually shelfing one of those single butter servings you get with dinner rolls at a diner?
    I'm a Cubs fan so I really don't care about the Brewers but isn't Prince Fielder a vegan? He's been pretty darn healthy the whole time he's been in the big leagues and has averaged almost 40 HRs and 100 RBI a year. Yeah he's a pretty crappy player huh?



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 272,156, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,709
    Points
    272,156
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 992

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by Knownothing View Post
    1. Arod to get a natural color in his lips.
    2. Cubs to have the world Series won with one inning to go and have something crazy happen.
    3. Boston to actually win the World Series.
    ??????????????



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 10,667, Level: 31
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toledo
    Posts
    646
    Points
    10,667
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: 10 things I hope to see this year in MLB

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpkelly81 View Post
    I'm a Cubs fan so I really don't care about the Brewers but isn't Prince Fielder a vegan? He's been pretty darn healthy the whole time he's been in the big leagues and has averaged almost 40 HRs and 100 RBI a year. Yeah he's a pretty crappy player huh?
    He's like 5'10" and 270#.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM