Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

Just the Facts - McD & transfers

Naturally your opinion to "Just the Facts" should be yours and can be non-verifiable, but if anyone has soild verifible facts they can post in regards as to why our program seems to hemorage departures each spring please let us know. It's an annonymous board so your ID is protected, so no the big deal. Is MCD a big *****, or are the players just that soft? I don't get it. Frank Martins style would seem to lend itself to more transfers out, but he's got kids looking to come in. Does MCD not know how to relate to these kids? Man, he's got some about the same age. I don't get it. Let us know where the disconnect is.

Dogs look up to you, cats look down at you, give me a pig. They just look you in the eyes and treat you as an equal - churchill

All-Star
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 18

Re: Just the Facts - McD & transfers

Seriously? Check the other 1,000,000 threads about McDermott and you will have all the correct answers. No need for another one.

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

who is macdermott???

doc

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

Quote Originally Posted by im4isu View Post
    Naturally your opinion to "Just the Facts" should be yours and can be non-verifiable, but if anyone has soild verifible facts they can post in regards as to why our program seems to hemorage departures each spring please let us know. It's an annonymous board so your ID is protected, so no the big deal. Is MCD a big *****, or are the players just that soft? I don't get it. Frank Martins style would seem to lend itself to more transfers out, but he's got kids looking to come in. Does MCD not know how to relate to these kids? Man, he's got some about the same age. I don't get it. Let us know where the disconnect is.
    The fact of the matter is that a small minority of the players have left due to their relationships with the staff. Hamilton does appear to be one of them.

The number of players that have been recruited (and left early) who weren't B12 caliber has been far greater than the number of players leaving who strictly had issues with the staff (and were Big 12 caliber). Wesley Johnson probably had some issues with the staff but outside influences played a greater role with his defection. He and Hamilton are really the only two. The rest of the guys that left weren't Big 12 players or had academic issues. Recruiting mistakes have been the biggest problem, not Mac's ability to relate to his players.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 305

That and we aren't paying them.... so that's another reason it's hard to keep them around.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

Quote Originally Posted by cyfan964 View Post
    That and we aren't paying them.... so that's another reason it's hard to keep them around.
    They are being paid in the form of tuition, books, and room/board.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cykadelic2 View Post
    Do the kids actually think that way though? I think it's more of an attitude of we are gracing your school with our presence type of thing.

"If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

It was supposed to kinda be a joke. There are coaches out there that pay recruits to come and play for them along with the tuition and all of the other stuff. See Tim Floyd (allegedly)

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 543
    Given: 34

It doesn't just have to be one person's 'fault'. Ham leaving because he has problems with the coaching staff (allegedly) could be the fault of the coaches AND of Ham.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I see your degree is in BS how fitting nice thread smart guy... Support the team and quit crying sally...

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 82

Quote Originally Posted by JCREEK View Post
    I see your degree is in BS how fitting nice thread smart guy... Support the team and quit crying sally...
    Really?

Walk On
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

Quote Originally Posted by JCREEK View Post

You must have majored in DB, because you sure seem like a d-bag. Not cyring, just sick of such a weak product on the court and on the sidelines. If you can accept losing more power to you. I feel like i'm supporting the team by calling out the coach. Until he proves otherwise, his record ar ISU speaks for itself.

Dogs look up to you, cats look down at you, give me a pig. They just look you in the eyes and treat you as an equal - churchill

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 144

posting anonymously about facts? Don't expect much.

Oh, and use the search function. It is your friend.

All-Star
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

The fact of the matter is that a small minority of the players have left due to their relationships with the staff. Hamilton does appear to be one of them.

The number of players that have been recruited (and left early) who weren't B12 caliber has been far greater than the number of players leaving who strictly had issues with the staff (and were Big 12 caliber). Wesley Johnson probably had some issues with the staff but outside influences played a greater role with his defection. He and Hamilton are really the only two. The rest of the guys that left weren't Big 12 players or had academic issues. Recruiting mistakes have been the biggest problem, not Mac's ability to relate to his players.
    And Steiger? He bolted mid-season, AND lied about why. He obviously had another reason he did not wish to share. He also felt no commitment to ISU and the fans who stood by HIM. Now that's 3 Big XII caliber players from the same team (all contemporaries) who all turned their backs on the program and all either lied or avoided the truth (whatever THAT is). You start 5 and I just named 3 starters, all of which had a serious impact by their leaving. That body of evidence suggests strongly that something is wrong. It's about at the point where it doesn't matter exactly why each left. The program is out of control and the guy in control can't turn it around. He's still leaking core, first line talent. Whether or not it is his behavior that is the problem doesn't matter a lot. This is his responsibility. The results are just not up to minimum standards. We need a clean sweep with a new broom.

Early commit - fall 2024

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 82

Lucca wasn't a big 12 player?